Quantcast
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556
    mumbo is offline Look skyward
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I try not to actively root against movies, but...everything I'm hearing about this one is making it really, really hard not to.

Rick Jones is offline Keep my glass half-full in '15
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's at the point that I completely forgot about this movie until this just showed up in my subscribed threads update. I've been a big FF fan probably from around the time I learned to read and I'd just rather not be aware of this thing. Such a shame as I was rooting for Josh Trank after Chronicle, too. Not to be an MCU fanboy but it kills me that the rights didn't expire already like Daredevil's.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Ducard is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy cow, how is this real. I'm laughing my head off.
    "The bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." --Anton Ego, Ratatouille

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    lmao lmao rofl! This can't be really happening. Oh, man. Hoo... I needed that.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: December 19, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

mumbo is offline Look skyward
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jones View Post
    It's at the point that I completely forgot about this movie until this just showed up in my subscribed threads update. I've been a big FF fan probably from around the time I learned to read and I'd just rather not be aware of this thing. Such a shame as I was rooting for Josh Trank after Chronicle, too. Not to be an MCU fanboy but it kills me that the rights didn't expire already like Daredevil's.
    Think if this movie bombs badly enough Fox will just sell the rights back? I know things are pretty sour between them and Marvel, but come on, I can't see them just sitting on rights to something they've failed to launch twice purely out of spite.

I'm fine with X-Men remaining with Fox and am quite happy with the X-Men movies of late...but Fantastic Four needs to go back pronto.

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Y'know, I like to believe that I've been as fair and optimistic about this Fantastic Four reboot as I possibly could, especially as a fan of the property and characters, but this... I just don't have the words. It's starting to look to me like this is less and less a Fantastic Four movie and more Josh Trank making his own kind of Superhero movie using the property instead of faithfully adapting it .

So people who enjoyed Chronicle will probably enjoy it, and it might even be a decent movie, but as a Fantastic Four movie it will probably be bad .

At the risk of being incredibly redundant at this point, at least if Marvel had the rights I think we could expect a more faithful FF movie and a Dr. Doom that's actually treated and portrayed like Dr. Doom. Then they would have no reservations about publishing Fantastic Four comics again, and we can move past that childish nonsense.

The only two bits of optimism I can stir up for this movie at all are that one look at the Thing we got and Michael B. Jordan as Johnny. The latter is legitimately looking likely as the best thing to come out of the reboot .

ShadowGUN is offline YES!YES!YES!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep. This movie is DOOOMED. The great Victor Von Doom is a internet blogger. I bet he is a hipster too.

darkdetective is offline Reporter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Reminds me of the Smallville villain Russian foreign exchange student Mikhail Mxyzptlk. Yes, that was real too.
    My superhero webcomic, updated weekly. www.sparkthecomic.com!
    Check out the animated trailer here!

Rick Jones is offline Keep my glass half-full in '15
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdetective View Post
    Reminds me of the Smallville villain Russian foreign exchange student Mikhail Mxyzptlk. Yes, that was real too.
    Don't make me remember.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556