Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by firefoxprime View Post

Nah. What's half baked are these descriptive terms. It's no comedy routine. We label people, we put'em in boxes, and these descriptive terms then have multiple meanings but use the same word? Fine. But when you say a black actor, you're refering to a "black" dude, right? Then we say how a black/white person talks, dress like a black/white person, oh you're white/black on the inside, etc, etc, etc.

Then we refer to skin color and use these same common terms. I graduated from preschool. I know my colors. Light skinned black actor? Dark skinned white actress? Knowing very well such an actor is probably mixed ethnically, but due to our ignorance, we'll just lump'em in some generic category. Sounds like a jumbled mess to me. Its like using the same profanity term for 5+ different meanings(which ppl do). The word loses focus, and thus becomes interchangable. Loses its pizzazz.

Also, these terms of black/white have so much baggage to them. Historically, culturally, yadda yadda yadda...if you slap on a dude from denmark and guy from canada, they both are considered white, but white due to skin color? The way they speak? The way they dress? The way they present themselves? Clearly there's a cultural difference between the two. Yet by our eyes, it just 2 white dudes. So they're not only stripped from their cultural backgrounds, but also lumped into a lame brain category.

Many people ignorantly called asians yellow (whole mmpr fiasco), but most are "whiter/lighter" than the average "white" american. Clearly there's some discord goin on here. Or the indian dude who's "darker/blacker" than your average "black" person(who probaly is a light skinned black dude, which means mixed ancestory,but who ares about the details, amirite?)

tl;dr: Honestly, I just think we're lazy with how we identify people.

Also catwoman was lame because it was just a poorly produced movie, diverse enthicities withstanding.
    Like I said, just start using caucasoid, mongoloid, and negroid, then. There you go, precise and scientific.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Regarding Catwoman: I don't think people should have a problem with Halle Berry. Remember, the character wasn't Selina Kyle, it was a whole knew character, so there was no reason why she would have to be white anyway.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have no problem if Halle Berry had played Selina Kyle. For me, the problem wasn't with race; it was that the movie was just downright horrible all around. A character's race has nothing to do with how they play the character. Look at the Robin William's movie TOYS where L.L. Cool J plays Micheal Gambon's son. There was zero explanation given, and it still worked.

As long as the Johnny Storm casting isn't just a publicity stunt and the man can pull off the part, more power to him.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I have no problem if Halle Berry had played Selina Kyle. For me, the problem wasn't with race; it was that the movie was just downright horrible all around. A character's race has nothing to do with how they play the character. Look at the Robin William's movie TOYS where L.L. Cool J plays Micheal Gambon's son. There was zero explanation given, and it still worked.

As long as the Johnny Storm casting isn't just a publicity stunt and the man can pull off the part, more power to him.
    Well, yeah, I suppose Berry could have worked as Selina. I can picture it. But I have to wonder....what would happen if they announced that Batman would be African in the Justice League film...

- Izzy, Digimon

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post

You're right. At most you need one line. "I'm adopted."
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

RedSpur is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You don't wanna know buddy boy, you don't want ta knoooooow.

Watch my original animations and shorts

https://blip.tv/toontales
    http://www.reddscarletstudios.com/

RedSpur is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, after reading his take it's not written in stone yet. After all the hell you guys on here are giving this poor fellow, i dought he'll get the gig.

Watch my original animations and shorts

https://blip.tv/toontales
    http://www.reddscarletstudios.com/

EroSennin is offline The Frog Hermit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well comic con is over and as far as I can tell FOX has said nothing on this reboot. For a movie that has to be made in the next year or so or they lose the rights, you would think they would have said something about.
    "Winter is coming." "Bango Skank was here." "The enemy gate is down" "Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EroSennin View Post
    Well comic con is over and as far as I can tell FOX has said nothing on this reboot. For a movie that has to be made in the next year or so or they lose the rights, you would think they would have said something about.
    Yeah, I'd say this has hit a major snag. Hope Marvel regains the rights soon.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good, I hope this is DOA. Once Marvel gets the rights back, I'll be a happy man.

- Izzy, Digimon