Follow Us:
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Rick Jones is offline Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    Anyways, enough of that. My point is that we don't even know if Jordan and Mara are going to be siblings in this film. If so that goes back to my suspicion of this feeling Chronicle-esque.
    I'd probably take that over what we got with the Tim Story offerings though I can't really picture this turning into an FF movie that I'd want to see yet due solely to the casting ( I'm probably more puzzled by Miles Teller and Jamie Bell being cast than by Michael Jordan).
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I posted a blog piece on this that covers 25 years of similar casting decisions. Even made a pun out of Trank's name.

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Matthew Vaughn speaks about the tone of this next FF:

FANTASTIC FOUR Cast May Look Like A Joke But Producer Promises It's Not A Comedy

He's correct to a degree for doing this, but then the family dynamic is supposed to be a little humourous. I just don't like the idea of them making every single superhero dark, serious toned, realistic. That's what took me out of Man of Steel.

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Face palming for the very fact this is actually going forward. So Victor Von Doom is older than Reed, which is really not a big deal.

It's just funny that MOS2 is going contrary to that.

TMC1982 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At this point, I really don't care who is going to play Doctor Doom (I'm actually in a sick way, kind of wish the the rumors about a woman playing Doctor Doom being truth). Fox and Josh Trank already soured by interest by casting an actress who is older than Reed's actor to play Sue, a black actor to play Johnny and yet not cast a black actress to play his sister (so we don't have to use the clunky or forced "we was adopted" backstory), and you cast a two small actor to play Ben.

Gold Guy is online now This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Apparently, FOX may have fired the director, screenwriter, AND all the actors...: UPDATE: Fox Reportedly Dumps FANTASTIC FOUR Director, Writer And Cast

Wow.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Tohya is online now deficit omne quod nasciture
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The article got updated. The rumor was false.
    "If that's what it means to be wise, I guess that means I'll be fool all my life" - Naruto, after Jiraiya has told him to wise up and give up on his friend.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Darn.
    I got my hopes up, too...

- Izzy, Digimon

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm laughing at how quickly they shot that stupid crap down. There have been so many dumb rumors released already.

I'm gonna assume this was wishful thinking from the fanboys still pissed their precious Johnny is gonna be black.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please, if Johnny were white people would still want this movie to fail.
    -It's made by Fox
    -It's pulling HEAVILY from the Ultimate F4 run
    -Miles Teller (Nuff said)
    -The script being rewritten countless times
    -Trank debunking things that turn out to be true, which means the things he debunks could ALL be true
    - The movie is obviously being rushed to keep ahead of the deadline on which the rights revert
    -Did I mention Fox?
    This was taken from the comments section of that article. I think it accurately describes why people want the movie to fail.
    "If that's what it means to be wise, I guess that means I'll be fool all my life" - Naruto, after Jiraiya has told him to wise up and give up on his friend.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And yet black Johnny has consistently been the thing that has gotten the most attention and outrage. Funny that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You seem to want to make this about race but your an intelligent man. Put 2 and 2 together. Going with this forced adoption angle gives a lot of fans the idea that a studio with a terrible track record for CBM is going to and another to the list. The same kind of outrage surrounds the Batman and Superman movie. Its standard, you make it sound like the hate is an aberration.

reflection is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    People want Marvel Studios to do the Fantastic Four. The failure of this movie makes it happen. Simple as that.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bleeding Cool isn't so sure the denial is true and they have been pretty right about things like this.

However we remain confident in our source. Bleeding Cool suggests that if Fox really would like to stomp on the rumour, they stop approaching folk to replace the director.
    My hopes of this movie falling apart before the expiration date remain alive!
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    reflection is right. Even if Johnny weren't black, the fact is, people do't trust Fox, they want Disney/Marvel to do it.

Like me.

- Izzy, Digimon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, if the film fails, I bet you you they will cancel the crossover of any kind. FOX would be smart to do what SONY did with Ghost Rider and just give the rights over. They made two stinkers with Nick Cage and I hear they were planning on a Luke Cage film too (this was before the whole expanded universe idea that the studios are doing now). Really, FOX is going to waste their money on this film and it's nobody's fault but their own based on greed. Millar promised this would be closer to the original source material, yet they turn around and base it on Ultimate FF. So that was a half truth.

The villain is rumored to be Annihilus and I kinda trust Simon Kinberg to turn in a great script. My fear is in Trank (who based on Chronicle is an okay director), studio interference, and Millar meddling with it. Also, this is truly a rush job in the worse case, the actors literally don't have too much time to prepare for this. Also, unlike Webb who did ASM, Trank isn't exactly working with stellar talent like Martin Sheen, Dennis Leary, or Sally Field, let alone Stone and Garfield. All we can do watch and see what happens. However, I seriously am having deja vu like I did for Green Lantern.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has Simon Kinberg ever written a great script?
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Then let me backtrack and just hope for good. He's been mentioned for Star Wars EPISODE VII and the stuff he has worked on has been hit or miss. Sometimes you can't really tell if the script was at fault or the director.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    . Millar promised this would be closer to the original source material, yet they turn around and base it on Ultimate FF. So that was a half truth.
    I really don't think they're overly invested in whether or not fans know it's sticking to the source material. The fans are a very small portion of the audience. What's gonna make or break it is getting the average joes interested after the last two horrible movies. Even in the comics the FF aren't terribly popular these days (they're regularly crushed by the X and Avengers franchises).
    Last edited by RoryWilliams; 03-15-2014 at 04:41 AM.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast