• 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Old Guy is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Dadnapped" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Tonight at 8pm is the premiere of Disney Channel's Dadnapped. Its cast features many of its stars. Among the cast are: Emily Osment (Hannah Montana), David Henrie (Wizards of Waverly Place, That's So Raven), Jason Earles (Hannah Montana), Moises Arias (Hannah Montana), and Phill Lewis (Zack and Cody).

The movie's plot revolves around a girl whose father is the author of a popular series of spy novels. During a family vacation he is kidnapped by fans and she teams up with some friends to rescue him.

It will air opposite Nick's High School Musical rip-off, Spectacular!. Who will win the ratings war? We'll have to wait and see.

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally, I'm looking forward to 'Dadnapped' more than 'High School Musical Knockoff', er, uh, I mean 'Spectacular'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll probably end up watching both. Dadnapped looks okay-ish, but it has Jackson and Rico so I'll support. However, Spectacular looks unintentionally hilarious.

NewcomerDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forget the Rico/Jackson pairing that won't happen as much as in Hannah Montana, I feel like this movie will be ratings gold but might be as big a ratings hit as Minutemen and that was just okay-ish. Spectacular! just looks terrible.
    I don't need a signature. I'm too cool for one. LOL

RonDrakenfan17 is offline Luffy fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, yes which film will do better in ratings? I can't say, people will think Spectacular is just a High School knock off I already thought that when I first saw the tease. This film looks pretty good, has good actors in it and the plot sounds good. I'll prob watch this over the other film.
    One Piece fan. Bleach fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm hating the full-screen format. It seems that Disney doesn't want to get with the times unlike Spectacular!.

The film started to creep me out with the talking cut-out of Tripp Zoome. It's a shame that Diz didn't try to make Emily Osment view him as a figment of her imagination instead?

As for Jason Earles wearing a Elvis Presley toupee as a slimy hotel manager, I'm not feeling his character.

As for Phil Morris? I wonder if he'll keep the beard when he returns as Mr. Moseby? It makes him look a bit more devilish.

9:37 PM
    Now the film's over and Emily Osment misses her chance to get her first on-screen kiss with David Henrie even though he and his little Musketeers tried to kidnap her father. Ya see, this is why Disney kinda sucks with their endings to their DCOMs. Besides HSM2, we haven't had a real on-screen kiss in a good while. Would it really be wrong for Henrie and Osment to kiss?
    Last edited by NewcomerDC; 02-16-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Gokou Ruri is offline Wielder of the dark arts.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewcomerDC View Post
    Would it really be wrong for Henrie and Osment to kiss?
    I thought it was pretty lame they hooked up, kiss or no kiss.

"Oh, hey, you kidnapped my dad and are a completely psychopathic stalker fanboy... but I'll call you sometime"

Felt just a little bit forced

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marn Hierogryph View Post
    I thought it was pretty lame they hooked up, kiss or no kiss.

"Oh, hey, you kidnapped my dad and are a completely psychopathic stalker fanboy... but I'll call you sometime"

Felt just a little bit forced
    Well Diz always want their little couples whether or not some of the characters were villains in the beginning of the movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jason Earles is awesome and the ending was cool as a result. The rest of the movie sucked. I liked the relationship between Osment's character and her father but everything else felt like it was written by that henchman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Jason Earles is awesome and the ending was cool as a result. The rest of the movie sucked. I liked the relationship between Osment's character and her father but everything else felt like it was written by that henchman.
    No wonder Spectacular! might have the chance of out beating Dadnapped in terms of ratings.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast