Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    I've continued my recordings and, well, I can see why I couldn't get into the show before. I don't think I've found a single episode from the 2005 season with Christopher Eccleston that I've actually liked. I know they were taking a risk by re-launching the show, so it obviously didn't have the budget that it has now, but its production values pale in comparison to the later episodes. I had a hard time taking some of those alien designs seriously. I also don't really like Rose Tyler and consider her to be one of the less interesting companions. I'm not sure why the show decided to make her arguably the most important one. To each their own, I suppose.

The occasional episodes that I've recorded from later seasons have been great, but BBC America doesn't seem to be airing some of them. Hopefully they'll do a marathon of the most-recent season before they premiere the new season.
    I don't suppose you have access to Netflix or something? I highly encourage you to watch all the stuff with David Tennant. Arguably the best in my opinion.

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Black View Post
    I don't suppose you have access to Netflix or something? I highly encourage you to watch all the stuff with David Tennant. Arguably the best in my opinion.
    I agree. I don't have access to Netflix due to my satellite based internet connection, but I've seen a good deal of his episodes. I'm just at the mercy of BBC America; they don't seem to be airing the episodes in any particular order. A few weeks ago they did a day-long marathon of Matt Smith's first season, which I appreciated and recorded, but they're airing David Tennant's episodes all out of order. I've yet to see Matt Smith's second season because they haven't re-aired it since I started watching.

I like Matt Smith. I liked David Tennant more, but he's pretty good.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    Hopefully they'll do a marathon of the most-recent season before they premiere the new season.
    You're in luck. There's going to be an all-day marathon on September 1st with all of last year's season and the newest Christmas special.

(But still no word on an exact date for Season 7...)
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 6/30 - Anime of Yesteryear Goes to Japan!)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

EroSennin is offline The Frog Hermit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    (But still no word on an exact date for Season 7...)
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=93928

New trailer plus Seasons 7 premiere date of Sept. 1 for both UK and US. That's right the delay is now only 5 hours for us in US,

There's also titles and synopsis for first three episodes.
    "Winter is coming." "Bango Skank was here." "The enemy gate is down" "Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EroSennin View Post
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=93928

New trailer plus Seasons 7 premiere date of Sept. 1 for both UK and US. That's right the delay is now only 5 hours for us in US,

There's also titles and synopsis for first three episodes.
    I didn't even notice. My search feature on DirecTV is messing up and is showing no instances of the show, but when I was manually setting the marathon that veemonjosh mentioned to record, I saw the premiere episode listed. Looking forward to it, but I'll be busy on the 1st and I'll have an entire season to get through until I watch the premiere. It'll probably be a number of days before I get to watch it.

Matt Hazuda is online now Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The BBC has released movie-style posters for the first 5 episodes in the new season, which starts this Saturday.

The poster makes Dinosaurs on a Space look like it'll be a heck of a fun episode.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I watched most of the previous season. I skipped a few episodes to "catch up" in time for the new episode that's about to come on, but I think I got the gist of it. I would have been able to watch more if my power didn't keep flickering on and off, but a few of the episodes that I skipped were by choice.

Mr. Hypocrite is offline Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay. I just watched the ep an hour ago. I'm wondering where the Talkback is?
    The Hypocrite Rises....

MetroSparkster is offline ...has nothing to say.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm afraid I'm one of those people who haven't seen much of the series, old or new. Although, I did see two or three from the last few seasons.

That said, I'm watching the [encore of] premiere of this new season now.

anime_guru is offline show me your as-sets
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hypocrite View Post
    Okay. I just watched the ep an hour ago. I'm wondering where the Talkback is?
    ditto
    I actually really enjoyed this episode. I am almost at a loss that moffat made this episode in such a brilliant and ingenious way. Definitely one of his better (perhaps best) entries in the doctor who mythos