Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Darklordavaitor is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Does anyone know when the most recent series will appear on Netflix?

Vegard Aune is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    A bit of good news came out recently is that we won't be subjected to a split season for Capaldi's start as the Doctor. The bad news is that it won't start till August.

I'm glad they're going the all-at-once route this time. Things had felt off with the partial seasons and I honestly lose track of what happened with the long gap during the break. This is the ideal way of handling it, so I appreciate that.
    Well we already knew that we wouldn't get to see the Twelfth Doctor in action before August (or should he be considered the Thirteenth now, seeing how by the end of Day of the Doctor the War Doctor seems to be counted again?)... Still, yeah, getting the entire season as one consistent run without a half-a-year break in the middle is definitely good news.

Matt Hazuda is online now Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bumping for a friendly reminder that the Christmas special is well...on Christmas. 7:30PM GMT on BBC One and 9PM EST on BBC America and Space in Canada (sorry, no simulcast this time around).

Here's a new clip of the episode that has absolutely zero spoilers.

Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, Doctor Who hysteria has reached enough of a fever pitch that I've decided to give 'er a go. I've watched Series One (that's what it's called, right?) and am part way through Series Two. Christopher Eccleston's work was a lot less broody than I had expected, but very good nevertheless. I liked that the series switched between one-off episodes and two-part episodes. Having Charles Dickens played by the brilliant Simon Callow was so much fun. That being said, my God, the show looks like it's shot on a cellphone. Is this common or was the budget just that non-existent? Series Two has been a bit stronger. The transition to David Tennant was a bit rocky to say the least, but I really like Tennant's Tenth Doctor. This guy does wrath very well. I like that the second series has also been calling back to the original seasons, too. School Reunion is my favorite episode of Series Two so far and I haven't even seen the original run of episodes.

I've seen bits and pieces of The Day of the Doctor and The Time of the Doctor. There's no raw quality to the Eleventh Doctor, but Matt Smith makes the character fun anyway. I also really enjoyed The Night of the Doctor, despite not having a seasoned fan's love for Paul McGann and the Eighth Doctor I am fascinated by the return to the character seventeen years later. I hope McGann can get at least a full special or another guest appearance soon, I'd love to see what led this man down the path of forsaking his title with more depth.
    Last edited by Jacob T. Paschal; 12-27-2013 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Fixed missing apostrophe.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

darkdetective is online now Reporter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Paschal View Post
    I also really enjoyed The Night of the Doctor, despite not having a seasoned fans love for Paul McGann and the Eighth Doctor I am fascinated by the return to the character seventeen years later. I hope McGann can get at least a full special or another guest appearance soon, I'd love to see what led this man down the path of forsaking his title with more depth.
    He only appeared one one other live action thing, a TV movie, and it was awful. Despite that, he actually became one of my favorite Doctors. A perfect mix of Old and New Who.
    My superhero webcomic, updated weekly. www.sparkthecomic.com!
    Check out the animated trailer here!

ColorBrush is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I kinda thought eleven's regeneration was kinda heartless. Mostly because I thought it was kinda rushed and it only took the Doctor a millisecond to turn from Smith to Capaldi ( minus the part of him destroying a hole village at his first stage of regeneration) and does anybody else see the Doctor blowing up a whole planet for when he turns to thirteen? Because I swear his regenerations are getting more violent.

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked the sort of old school feel to Matt's regeration. Heartless wouldn't exactly be how I describe him getting two speeches( one big and one emotional ) in the last 10 minutes of the episode.

ColorBrush is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't mean to use "heartless" (mostly because I couldn't think of a better word) but really did actually like how Matt left. Moffat did confirm that Capaldi will be a much more serious and a little bit darkness in his character this time around, but I do hope there will still be a lot of love and kindness he brings to others, and I really wonder what him and Clara are gonna be like. I can kinda picture them in a 'granddaughter trying to tame her grouchy grandad' sort of situation.

Matt Hazuda is online now Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13