1 4.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Get Smart" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Saving The World... And Loving It!

Siegfried: How do I know you're not from CONTROL?
    Maxwell Smart: If I were from CONTROL, you'd already be dead.
    Siegfried: If you were from CONTROL, you'd already be dead.
    Maxwell Smart: Neither of us is dead, so I'm obviously not from CONTROL.
    [long pause]
    Shtarker: That actually makes sense.

Release Date: June 20, 2008
    Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
    Director: Peter Segal
    Starring: Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Alan Arkin, Terence Stamp, Terry Crews, David Koechner, James Caan, Masi Oka, Nate Torrence, Kenneth Davitian

Plot Summary: Maxwell Smart (Steve Carell) is on a mission to thwart the latest plot for world domination by the evil crime syndicate known as KAOS. When the headquarters of U.S. spy agency Control is attacked and the identities of its agents compromised, the Chief (Alan Arkin) has no choice but to promote his ever-eager analyst Maxwell Smart, who has always dreamt of working in the field alongside stalwart superstar Agent 23 (Dwayne Johnson). Smart is partnered instead with the lovely-but-lethal veteran Agent 99 (Anne Hathaway). Given little field experience and even less time, Smart--armed with nothing but a few spy-tech gadgets and his unbridled enthusiasm--must thwart the doomsday plans of KAOS head Siegfried (Terence Stamp).

Visit the official movie site here.

Comments?
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I loved it. Heck I loved just about every minute of it. I've been very excited about this movie since the first teaser showed up in theatres and it definently met my expectations if not surpass them.

Carell was spot on.

Johnson was a rather likable jerk-off.

Arkan was hillarious.

Hathaway was gorgeous and further reminded me of her talent as an actress. It was nice to see her in an action role.

The two lab guys (played by guys you'd expect to play geeks) were very amusing all throughout as were the other two analysts guys who seemed like they should be very capable and yet were not. And then the ending when the lab guy's big project shows up was especially amusing.

Freak'n everybody was in this movie. You can't count the cameos with all your fingers and toes and Billy Murry's short lone guy in a tree bit was especially unexpected and amusing.

Have I said amusing enough? Well the movie was very amusing and had it's moments of heartfelt drama. It's in my DVD colleciton as soon as it's out and I might even go see it again in the theatre.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Batman is offline The Dark Knight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The movie was an absolute blast . The Gags, The nod's, the cameo's, The pace of the film was spot on target .

Carell & Hathaway were awesome as 86 & 99

Johnson was cool

Arkan was damn right Hilarious

Stamp was brilliant

Can't wait for the sequel .

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... A DARK KNIGHT...." Commissioner Gordon
    [ The Dark Knight ]

cyde is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don Adams would've wanted it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This movie was a good remake of the original source material , It remained true to The true heart of the lovable tv series . While adding the modern day era pop culture to the mix . I can't wait for the sequel .

What a nice tribute to Don Adams & Barbara Feldon .

This remake film is right up their with another one of Don's other famous role that he did in his career provided the voice of Inspector Gadget in the animated series and was the voice of Brain in 1999 live action Disney motion picture film that star Matthew Broderick as Gadget.

Hopefully The Get Smart sequel doesn't suffer the same fate as Gadget did in movie 2 .

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... A DARK KNIGHT...." Commissioner Gordon
    [ The Dark Knight ]

tucsoncoyote is offline Time to get my "Game face" on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get Smart: An Old Fashion Statement is back in vogue, and in today's world, it works.

And you know what? Thanks to this movie, another fad will soon be back in vogue..

(In Don Adams Like Voice):
    Would you believe????

Yes Folks, "Shoe Phones" are back in vogue..

But I bet today's CONTROL Shoe phones are probably digital, have encryption coding and are probably small and compact compared to the ones in the 1960's. But still when I saw this, I said, "Well with today's tech, and the way the world is, I wouldn't be caught dead without a pair of size 13 shoe phones!

Actually I think Get Smart (The Movie) makes a stunning justifiable tribute to (Don) Adams, (Barbara) Feldon, (Edward) Platt, and the rest of the CONTROL Agency... and of course who could not love Seigfried?

He's the reason my "Alter-ego" is Evil!

I mean Bernie Kopell as the original Seigfried was fun, (and yes he makes a cameo in this one too but not as Seigfried), But still the whole movie makes you wish you were a kid again....But I will say this about today's Seigfried, Terrence Stamp. He's still just as funny, yet he's a tad more serious too. I mean when you compare Bernie's version to Stamp's version, I think they even gave Seigfried some major justice (After all what red-blooded villain like Seigfried wouldn't sell nuclear arms to any nation who wanted them?) I mean total justice for the villain!

But believe me, if this movie gets a sequel.. Well we can only Hope Seigfried returns!

and this time.. they didn't miss it, "By that much..."

Cryptozoology 101: The truth is real.

Friday nights on CN.. Action, Adventure, and.. Chilli Fries?

Kim Possible 2002-2007. Save the Cheerleader, Save the World. and for one brief Moment, we the fans, did save the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[ The Dark Knight ]

Old Guy is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I'm the only one who didn't care much for this movie. The action scenes were great and the performances were fine, but I didn't find the movie funny at all. Which it should have been. And Steve Carell is no Don Adams.

Ajax is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    And Steve Carell is no Don Adams.
    Fair enough, but he did do his character justice. If there was one person in the world who could play Don Adams's Maxwell Smart it was Steve Carell. He did a fine job and while ill agree with you that the movie itself wasnt Laugh out loud hilarious, Carell had me laughing my ass off. Anne Hathaway is always a pleasure to watch and Alan Arkin stole the show imo.
    A pretty good movie overall but unfortunately I dont think its gonna be the blockbuster hit WB's hoping it to be (it may be 0-2 so far for them if Get Smart bombs).

Old Guy is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Guy View Post
    it may be 0-2 so far for them if Get Smart bombs).
    I expect it to make more money than Love Guru, but yea, it won't be anything special.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast