Search the Site:
Follow Us:

View Poll Results: What Did You Think of Kinetic?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll

2 9.09%
  • ****1/2

5 22.73%

5 22.73%
  • ***1/2

4 18.18%

4 18.18%
  • **1/2

2 9.09%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smallville: " Kinetic" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Well, tonight's episode of Smallville, entitled "Kinetic" will be the last new episode for February sweeps. So, comments and thoughts posted here please! (and in the poll above)

Naraht is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I caught most of the episode...

(Insert Complaint about how I get to see the show early here)

Nice, psuedo-kryptonite villians this week...intentionally getting their powers rather than by freak of nature as alot of them have been.

Some more Foreshadowing comments from Lex about how being a superhero isn't feasible...

"Clark, You can't save the world..All you'll end up with is a Messiah Complex & a bunch of enemies" - Or something close to that...

I enjoyed it...
    Last edited by Naraht; 02-26-2002 at 09:43 PM.

Naraht is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn, I had missed the beginning..WHOA! SWEET!

=D

BatKid is offline The True Batman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smallville: Kinetic Talkback

This episode is really looking cool right now! Hope this is going to be the cool episode that it looks to be!

G2G, watching Smalleville right now!
    Last edited by Maxie Zeus; 02-26-2002 at 09:38 PM.
    "We could have changed the world...NOW...look at us...I've become a political liability...and you...you're a JOKE...I want you...to REMEMBER, Clark...in all the years to come...in your most private moments...I want you to remember MY HAND...AT YOUR THROAT...I want...you to remember...the one man who BEAT you...." - Batman to Superman in DKR

BatKid is offline The True Batman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whoa! I think I can see Luthor becoming a bad-guy now!

Great acting in this one, and now, I'm not so sure I ca ntrust Lex now...

But, that's a good thing, since Luthor is turning over a new leaf, and this may lead to better storylines . Also, did anyone see Lex's face in the last 5 min. of the show? His face seemed mad. Maybe he's mad that he betrayed his friend. And I think the only reason Lex took the offer from Lana, was because Clark thought of it. I guess now, Clark and Lex will be up for some challenges!
    "We could have changed the world...NOW...look at us...I've become a political liability...and you...you're a JOKE...I want you...to REMEMBER, Clark...in all the years to come...in your most private moments...I want you to remember MY HAND...AT YOUR THROAT...I want...you to remember...the one man who BEAT you...." - Batman to Superman in DKR

Shriek is offline Warriors.. Come Out To Play!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just want to know one thing..... When do you think they will find an arm in the vault door? Probably never. Besides that it was an ok episode.
    "Don't stick your tongue out at me unless you're going to use it, baby!" David Lee Roth

carsonm is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wouldnt the arm start to smell eventually...well i guess not...if its sealed inside the door.

but what was up with that look lana had at the end...the last shot was her face making a weird look...like she was thinking either...
    "OMG...Im in love with Lex"

or

"OMG...Im partners with the devil"

i dont know...but i thought it was weird.

and what the...

there was nothing about cloe's dying love for clark in this episode. i would rate the whole thing as ok.

didnt whitney and that other dude see clark save whitney??

Shriek is offline Warriors.. Come Out To Play!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yea I know. Whitney totally saw Clark fly at him and tackle him.
    "Don't stick your tongue out at me unless you're going to use it, baby!" David Lee Roth

Failure is offline Entertainment Mod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, I think everyone was looking up at the car falling down. I doubt they saw Clark.

I was also a bit confused with Lana's look at the end. It was like she was ecstatic that her proposal got accepted then thought about how bittersweet the theater is in the first place.

I'm also not sure how the whole super-metabolism thing lets you pass through solid objects. Does that even make physics sense?

All in all, it was nothing special. A step down form the last couple eps, but still enjoyable.

Barb Gordon is offline Nin-Mod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was quite pleased with this episode. Something different from all the others eps, definetly a good ending for the season, this was the end of the first season, wasn't it? I mean, it delved a lot it Whitney's character, not to mention doing something a little different with Chloe, and expanding better on Lana. I was quite surprised that they actually had the scene with the guy getting nailed by the falling car, even though it's more like one moment he's there, next he's not. But what it basically implied...yuck *shudder*. You would think that Whitney saw Clark rush at him, then again, he was glancing up at the falling car, and then all of a sudden he's on the floor, so he might have missed it. I enjoyed the minor scene with Clark and his parents, especially with his dad mentioning running away from problems, another small foreshadow of Clark's future slipped in there. That thing with Lana at the end, I'm still trying to figure it out. It seemed like a good, interesting and new way to end an episode, certainly leaves people thinking. I figured that she was thinking over Lex's last comment about it being a good "partnership", and obviously a look of worry, confusion, and wonder seemed to cross her features. Guess we'll have to wait for the next set of eps and hope they expand on this.

Barb^-^

leaf on the wind...

The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought the episode was decent, the Kryto-villains were interesting and Lex and Clark's relationship seemed to develop further as did Clark's eventual relationship with Lana. I was glad Clark overcame them in the end and no one caught on to his powers.

(Hey I can use this again next week! )
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Calico is offline Didn't you get the memo?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was an ok episode. It did have its strong points and its weak points. I was a little curious as to how the Kryptonite could affect all the guys the same way. We've seen it change several different people in a wide variety of mutations/changes. It just seemed a little strange to say that everyone with a Krypto tattoo can now walk through walls.

Lex - mmm, is there a better reason to keep watching? "Poster child for Rogaine" Ha! Those guys didn't know who they were dealing with. And that scene at the hospital when he tells Clark he's going to find the people to hurt Chloe and take care of them. He's a force to be reckoned with.

The Lana/Lex partnership - could be very interesting.
    "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexeplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened." >> Douglas Adams

Hero RPGs | My LiveJournal | Check out my stories at Fanfiction.net

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Generally, this episode was a disappointement to me. Chloe remains my favorite character - honest, genuine, cute, smart - and although Lana and Clark look nice...they often come off as "Barbie and Ken" lately to me. I was hoping the episode would touch on why Lionel was sleeping with Victoria, revealed last episode, but it instead ingored it completely.

Whitney got some more screen-time, but I didn't like the purpose of the time he got. Although I may be mature enough to realize that meeting new people, getting tatoos and drinking with them isn't a smart thing to do, children, unnaccepted teens especially, could take all of these "group drinking/party" scenes that keep getting airtime on Smallville as an indication of what kids there age should be doing for fun.

Why was Whitney in a mask with them when they tried to pick up the money from Lex? Logic says that if Whit saw these guys putting on masks and heading out for somewhere, you'd think he would ask what they were going to do...

Once again, Clark was at the scene of a crime. Why didn't the cop tell him and Whitney to reach for the sky as well, when he showed up? He just assumed that the angry-looking guy was the villain...strange...

Seeing Lana continuing to rally for the theatre where her parents met is an interesting storyline. I wish the writers could lose the lame action-oriented plots every few episodes and instead let the characters lead ordinary lives for 60 minutes. Besides, aren't their lives complicated, complex and interesting enough? It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence when the writers always feel the need to place their characters in mortal danger rather than explore them...

The "Must be the Meteor Rocks" explanation is really getting old. I voted this episode a 3 and a half stars, but it really deserved a three or a two.

cartoonboy is offline Let's Rock!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another fine episode to fill my Tuesday night fix of Smallville.
    Chloe, Lex & his parents tell him that he can't be everywhere & do everything, which Clark realize just that. Regardless, it is hard seeing a friend get hurt knowing you have this incredible power.
    I always like the comments made towards the future of Superman. The comments that are made when these characters are in their teens, they have no idea what will become of them or what direction they will ultimately take. Clark knows that he is capable of great things but probably doesn't see himself in tights flying around.
    What was with Lana's look at the end? Was that a , Lex & me business partners look, if it wasn't for Clark look, I'm holding onto the past look & be stuck in smallville.
    I'm looking forward to the next new ep. March 12

Corran Horn is offline Rogue Squadron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by carsonm
    but what was up with that look lana had at the end...the last shot was her face making a weird look...like she was thinking either...
    "OMG...Im in love with Lex"

or

"OMG...Im partners with the devil"

i dont know...but i thought it was weird.

^^ My favorite part of the episode I'd say.

Calhoun07 is offline It's Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good episode over all. Not the best, but certainly better than others. I did notice one line, tho, that I found interesting, and that is where Lex replies to Clark when asked if he told the police about the bad guys' ability to walk thru walls and such. "That would be too much truth for them to take" was his reply in a nutshell. In that moment, I realized that is why Clark cannot tell Lex his secret, that it would be too much truth for Lex to take. And in the end, when Lex does discover Clark's secret, as I am sure he will, I wonder if he will realize that he stumbled on to too much truth than he could take? I doubt he will follow his own advice, tho.

I am really liking this "elseworlds" approach to the history of Superman. I hope that when Smallville as a series ends we get to see some movies with these characters. I REALLY want to see Clark as a mature and powerful Superman go up against his old freind now foe, Lex Luthor. To see those against each other knowing their history in this context would be really good. I mean, if they can make movies out of Star Trek and X Files, then why not Smallville?
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

“If I had to live my life over again, I would treat women worse. The women who I treated nice always turned around and treated me bad and the women who treated me bad didn’t deserve to be treated nice anyway.”

DR.MID-NITE is offline The Original
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No one mentioned this forshadowing line from Chloe-
    "Clark Kent, investigative reporter!" When Clark told a bedridden Chloe he would look into what happened to her.
    An decent episode. Did not really explain how they got the Krptonite ink. I think the look on Lana's face was more "Did I just make a deal with the devil." And if people think a romance is in the air for them. Remember Lex is suppose to be in his early 20's, while Lana is around 16.

Terminatah is offline Badass Cyborg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by DR.MID-NITE
    And if people think a romance is in the air for them. Remember Lex is suppose to be in his early 20's, while Lana is around 16.
    And?

-Terminatah
    wuh oh

DR. BELCH is offline Member
    In a squashed gob of dung on the Missouri Bootheel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Kinetic"

I thought I heard the name "Hole in the Wall" Gang tossed about at one point. This may be a ref to a group of hoods in a DC Comic (I think) who had a similar m.o.--walking through walls by shifting their molecules. I recall a coed in one panel thinking how interesting it'd be if one's equipment malfunctioned and he got stuck in something "gross and painful".
    Then there's the Batman Beyond ep with Ian Peak, who did a similar thing to get ideas for exposes. So htis one sor tof has the stink of a retread about it.
    Whitney I'm starting to wonder about. He's been seen with prescription drugs in his backpag, which he claims are for his dad, and now he loses his scholarship and is swayed fairly fast over to the dark side, fearing his furture is going down the porcelain. The Holes seem to be ex-jock losers who buggered up someplace and found godhood in the form of the ol' green rock. Of course it's slowly killing them, like heroin or cocaine or any drug.
    Loved Chloe's little ref to "Clark Kent...investigative reporter" having a "nice ring". Also--and this may sound a bit morbid--liked seeing her get thrown out a window and nearly killed. It does prove Clark can't be everywhere and save everyone, and serves to illustrate his hated human weakness. He does get a little maudlin with the 20-minute "I failed" whining, though.
    Was anyone else creeped out at the way Lex agreed to Lana's terms so easily? His tone of voice as he uttered those last two words made me wonder if he's scheming something big--betrayal? seduction? both?
    You'd think a couple of tons of glass and steel falling on a guy would cause more blood splatter and flying bone fragments....
    Last edited by DR. BELCH; 02-27-2002 at 01:52 PM.

Verdiboy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lana's look and Chloe

I believe Lex is totally planning on seducing Lana. He said early in the episode "since you havent given me anything else to change my mind." The look on his face was like he may have messed around with her. Add his final look at her at the end, and his statement of, "this is the beginning of an interesting friendship" which leaves Lana with a perplexed look on her face.

It all make sense too me.

As for Chloe, i was shocked and impressed that she got hurt. I was amazed, it even looked like she could have died.

Also, Ive been thinking that Clark and lana may never get together. We all know that eventually they are not together and Clark goes to Metropolis and digs Lois, which I believe will still happen. So maybe they never really do hoook up.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast