Quantcast
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Desperate Housewives usually gets about 13 episodes out before the winter break, and we're only six episodes into the run so far I think. ABC probably already has the scripts for all 13 eps, but after that they might run into trouble, so come Spring, unless the writer's strike ends peacefully, I'd expect the final episode of DH (for now, anyway) to air in early December.

The Penguin is offline Regiver
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Desperate Housewives usually gets about 13 episodes out before the winter break, and we're only six episodes into the run so far I think. ABC probably already has the scripts for all 13 eps, but after that they might run into trouble, so come Spring, unless the writer's strike ends peacefully, I'd expect the final episode of DH (for now, anyway) to air in early December.
    They must done filming whatever is completed because production has already shut down on Wisteria Lane and they will indeed be out by Christmas.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, this week we got the Halloween party...and it was nice to see the full cast. Everyone got a mention or a moment. The best scene of the season was Danielle's first moment of motherhood. That's the kind of stuff I felt this series used to have more of. Instead, we seem to be getting more of the ham-fisted "Nooooo! I killed a creature because of cancer rage!" type stuff. Hopefully, things will swing back in the right direction once we get deeper into Katherine's secrets. Dana Delaney's really winning me over here. Susan, Edie and Gabby need to get interesting or get lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"You Can't Judge a Book By Its Cover" November 11, 2007

Thanks to Edie, Victor Lang knows it all!

"You Can't Judge a Book By Its Cover"
    Sunday, November 11, 2007 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on ABC
    Victor confronts Gaby about her affair with Carlos, Bree informs Susan that she thinks Mike is addicted to drugs, and a new Hodge family member is introduced to the neighborhood.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"You Can't Judge a Book By Its Cover"

I don't see how Carlos and Gaby can get away with accidently killing the Mayor of Fairview. At the very least Edie and Milton Lang are going to suspect them. Victor wasn't a bad guy. Perfect? No, but he clearly loved Gaby and if he is to be believed, wanted to work things out. If Carlos hadn't egged him on, who knows what might have happened.

It was pretty terrible of Bree to ignore Orson's feelings and have Benjamin Tyson Hodge (nice name) circumcised. At least she realized how awful it was to imply that she had more right to make decisions about the boy than Orson did. The once evil dentist has evolved into a really strong part of this show.

I also didn't think it was very good of Lynette to try and dump her mom on her younger, obviously messed up sister. It obviously wouldn't have been good for her. It appears that Stella has taken the decision out of her daughter's hand.

It took me a minute, but then it was clear Katherine was lying to Dylan about her father. She is a pretty good manipulator and she knows it, there wasn't even anything written on the paper!

Susan was the only housewife not being terrible to someone you would think they would love. Mike finally opening up about why he was taking the painkillers was a powerful moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, but
    Spoiler:
    Victor's NOT dead... yet. If the spoiler I read is true, Victor's got one more episode left before he leaves for good when the tornado hits Wisteria Lane, taking him and one the residents.

I felt bad for Stella, despite her problems. It seems like Lynette's the only mature one out of the sisters.

I hope Mike gets through his addiction with his family intact. I'd hate to see Mike and Susan split up yet again.

While it wasn't nice how Bree had Benjamin circumsized, or went against Orson's wishes, I still have to side with Bree over wanting it done when the baby's young. I know I'd rather have it cut at that stage than waiting until I was old enough to feel what was going on.

Catherine is a great manipulator, although I'm wondering what became of her former husband, who caused the chip in the floor, and what happened in Chicago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While it wasn't nice how Bree had Benjamin circumsized, or went against Orson's wishes, I still have to side with Bree over wanting it done when the baby's young. I know I'd rather have it cut at that stage than waiting until I was old enough to feel what was going on.
    Well Orson didn't want it done at all, not when the boy was older.

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I felt bad for Stella, despite her problems. It seems like Lynette's the only mature one out of the sisters.
    As much as Lynette was trying to play the 'good daughter,' she was still trying to pawn off Stella on Lucy or Lydia (L names...heh). I buy that she feels a bit guilty, but she's not really any better than the other two in my book.

I actually thought the painkillers was going to stem from Mike working overtime to pay for that suit Susan ruined with the dog incident. I'm glad the addiction storyline has some grounding in the main pregnancy story instead of coming out of nowhere like Lynette's cancer. Is there really such a thing as a 'generic drug guide'?

That was a great scene with Orson and Bree. Not much else to say there but that.

Gabby really jumped the gun there I don't see how Victor can still be alive if they were out there 6 hours looking for him, but hence the magic of soap operas and plot devices. The whole bit reminded me of 'Dream Cruise' from Masters of Horror (available on DVD tomorrow, btw )

Great manipulative scene with Catherine this week, but it really didn't take the story anywhere. We still don't know much about Dylan's father, the scratch in the floor or Chicago. I'm hoping we get a little bit more dirt before the episodes run out.
    Note to self: No More Heroes avatar in use since April 10/2009. Previous avatar lasted 2 years, 9 months and 4 days!!! Holy Stale Avatar Batman!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Distant Past" November 25, 2007

Richard Chamberlain guest stars on an all-new Desperate Housewives.

"Distant Past"
    Sunday, November 25, 2007 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on ABC
    Adam Mayfair is shocked when a mysterious stalker from his past shows up on Wisteria Lane, Bree and Orson encounter martial problems with a new baby in their lives and Lynette reunites with her long lost stepfather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is the third to last episode before the writer's strike effected production I believe. Let's hope that things are (reasonably) wrapped up should we only get the 10 episodes that were made.