Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Desperate Housewives usually gets about 13 episodes out before the winter break, and we're only six episodes into the run so far I think. ABC probably already has the scripts for all 13 eps, but after that they might run into trouble, so come Spring, unless the writer's strike ends peacefully, I'd expect the final episode of DH (for now, anyway) to air in early December.

The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Desperate Housewives usually gets about 13 episodes out before the winter break, and we're only six episodes into the run so far I think. ABC probably already has the scripts for all 13 eps, but after that they might run into trouble, so come Spring, unless the writer's strike ends peacefully, I'd expect the final episode of DH (for now, anyway) to air in early December.
    They must done filming whatever is completed because production has already shut down on Wisteria Lane and they will indeed be out by Christmas.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, this week we got the Halloween party...and it was nice to see the full cast. Everyone got a mention or a moment. The best scene of the season was Danielle's first moment of motherhood. That's the kind of stuff I felt this series used to have more of. Instead, we seem to be getting more of the ham-fisted "Nooooo! I killed a creature because of cancer rage!" type stuff. Hopefully, things will swing back in the right direction once we get deeper into Katherine's secrets. Dana Delaney's really winning me over here. Susan, Edie and Gabby need to get interesting or get lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"You Can't Judge a Book By Its Cover" November 11, 2007

Thanks to Edie, Victor Lang knows it all!

"You Can't Judge a Book By Its Cover"
    Sunday, November 11, 2007 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on ABC
    Victor confronts Gaby about her affair with Carlos, Bree informs Susan that she thinks Mike is addicted to drugs, and a new Hodge family member is introduced to the neighborhood.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"You Can't Judge a Book By Its Cover"

I don't see how Carlos and Gaby can get away with accidently killing the Mayor of Fairview. At the very least Edie and Milton Lang are going to suspect them. Victor wasn't a bad guy. Perfect? No, but he clearly loved Gaby and if he is to be believed, wanted to work things out. If Carlos hadn't egged him on, who knows what might have happened.

It was pretty terrible of Bree to ignore Orson's feelings and have Benjamin Tyson Hodge (nice name) circumcised. At least she realized how awful it was to imply that she had more right to make decisions about the boy than Orson did. The once evil dentist has evolved into a really strong part of this show.

I also didn't think it was very good of Lynette to try and dump her mom on her younger, obviously messed up sister. It obviously wouldn't have been good for her. It appears that Stella has taken the decision out of her daughter's hand.

It took me a minute, but then it was clear Katherine was lying to Dylan about her father. She is a pretty good manipulator and she knows it, there wasn't even anything written on the paper!

Susan was the only housewife not being terrible to someone you would think they would love. Mike finally opening up about why he was taking the painkillers was a powerful moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, but
    Spoiler:
    Victor's NOT dead... yet. If the spoiler I read is true, Victor's got one more episode left before he leaves for good when the tornado hits Wisteria Lane, taking him and one the residents.

I felt bad for Stella, despite her problems. It seems like Lynette's the only mature one out of the sisters.

I hope Mike gets through his addiction with his family intact. I'd hate to see Mike and Susan split up yet again.

While it wasn't nice how Bree had Benjamin circumsized, or went against Orson's wishes, I still have to side with Bree over wanting it done when the baby's young. I know I'd rather have it cut at that stage than waiting until I was old enough to feel what was going on.

Catherine is a great manipulator, although I'm wondering what became of her former husband, who caused the chip in the floor, and what happened in Chicago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While it wasn't nice how Bree had Benjamin circumsized, or went against Orson's wishes, I still have to side with Bree over wanting it done when the baby's young. I know I'd rather have it cut at that stage than waiting until I was old enough to feel what was going on.
    Well Orson didn't want it done at all, not when the boy was older.

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I felt bad for Stella, despite her problems. It seems like Lynette's the only mature one out of the sisters.
    As much as Lynette was trying to play the 'good daughter,' she was still trying to pawn off Stella on Lucy or Lydia (L names...heh). I buy that she feels a bit guilty, but she's not really any better than the other two in my book.

I actually thought the painkillers was going to stem from Mike working overtime to pay for that suit Susan ruined with the dog incident. I'm glad the addiction storyline has some grounding in the main pregnancy story instead of coming out of nowhere like Lynette's cancer. Is there really such a thing as a 'generic drug guide'?

That was a great scene with Orson and Bree. Not much else to say there but that.

Gabby really jumped the gun there I don't see how Victor can still be alive if they were out there 6 hours looking for him, but hence the magic of soap operas and plot devices. The whole bit reminded me of 'Dream Cruise' from Masters of Horror (available on DVD tomorrow, btw )

Great manipulative scene with Catherine this week, but it really didn't take the story anywhere. We still don't know much about Dylan's father, the scratch in the floor or Chicago. I'm hoping we get a little bit more dirt before the episodes run out.
    Note to self: No More Heroes avatar in use since April 10/2009. Previous avatar lasted 2 years, 9 months and 4 days!!! Holy Stale Avatar Batman!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Distant Past" November 25, 2007

Richard Chamberlain guest stars on an all-new Desperate Housewives.

"Distant Past"
    Sunday, November 25, 2007 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on ABC
    Adam Mayfair is shocked when a mysterious stalker from his past shows up on Wisteria Lane, Bree and Orson encounter martial problems with a new baby in their lives and Lynette reunites with her long lost stepfather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is the third to last episode before the writer's strike effected production I believe. Let's hope that things are (reasonably) wrapped up should we only get the 10 episodes that were made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Distant Past"

"I need to either sleep or get lucky. And I'll have a better shot at both if I'm alone."

Orson wins quote of the night. Even though he and Bree are seemingly more compatible than she and Rex were, I'm glad he doesn't just agree with everything. While she seems to be a great housewife, Bree is not always a very good partner (well, frequently) and hopefully she realizes that more so than she maybe already does.

I don't think Bree was even thinking when she said "the three of us" to Tom, but Andrew certainly was hurt by it. Now both of the Van De Kamp kids are gone from the Hodge household. I hope we don't lose them as characters, I like Andrew better, but I like them both. The talk Andrew had with his mom was really nice.

Orson has developed into his own character since he ran Mike down, at the time I didn't think he would be around very long, but he is very much a part of the show now. The blackmail chain for Mike to get his drugs was kind of funny. It was Susan being Susan watching her hook Julie up with Mike's drug dealer. When she met Barrett on the doorstep I knew it wouldn't end well. It may not end well for Mike as Susan found the pills in his truck.

So Adam Mayfair either cheated on his Katherine with that apparent crazy woman or she thinks they did/should have. This could be interesting, but I also thought, "that's it?"

Gaby has dug herself a huge hole and I don't see this ending well for her. Victor must have some plans for her since he didn't turn her over to the cops immediately. (Which is no doubt all he thought about while he was conscious in the water.)

I really liked Glen. It was pretty understandable how much Lynette and her sisters liked him and blamed their mom when he left. He's obviously a very caring guy and I hope we occasionally see him and Stella. If they're not in town, they must not be that far away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find it a bit odd that two supporting characters moved out this week, but still, it was a very enjoyable episode, especially compared to how this season began.

Susan's antics this week made sense and weren't selfish or stupid. Of course she'd try to set Julie up if she keeps falling for morons in leather. I was hoping the drug dealer wouldn't be dispatched so quickly, but I was far more impressed that Mike came clean. I was literally thinking "If this was a real person, he wouldn't think about himself when his step-daughter's life was in danger". And then voila - he acts like a real person and comes clean. Sorta Him still lying to Susan was a good twist. He really is addicted, and it works for his character. I don't see how Mike can get on a good path now, honestly. He's been in jail too much and done too many shady things.

Penguin, I agree with you about Orson. I really, really hope he doesn't get killed in the upcoming tornado. I'm looking forward to seeing what explanation Cherry has decided upon for Orson's attack last season on Mike. I was SO HAPPY when that clip was played at the start of the episode. It would have been remiss of Cherry to never address that incident again, and Orson's part in it. Hopefully, it's an interesting story.

I'm not too keen on the crazy lady who came a-knockin'. She's coming off a bit too much like Alma.

Hoping Andrew stays on the show too, and the same goes for Lynette's mom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Andrew's tied with Gabby as most evolved character since the show started. He really has grown up since the end of Season 2 when Bree left him on the side of the road. I just hope his character continues to grow with slight nods to 'Bad Andrew' instead of him falling back into his old ways. I actually felt real sympathy for him when he heard Bree's comments over breakfast and at the parlor.

I'm wondering what the new crazy lady's secret with Adam is. It's almost too obvious for it have to been an affair. I think it might be something deeper.

I remember back in Season 1, a LOT of people thought Tom was the one who was going to be outed (instead we saw Andrew come out as Bi), so this did kind of come as a shock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Something's Coming" December 2, 2007

Take cover!!!

"Something's Coming"
    Sunday, December 2, 2007 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on ABC
    In the most elaborate episode ever produced in the history of the series, the residents of Wisteria Lane are forced into basements, cellars and safe rooms to weather a tornado that destroys homes and lives forever.

tucsoncoyote is offline Time to get my "Game face" on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm Rooting for... The Tornado!

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Take cover!!!
    "Something's Coming"
    Sunday, December 2, 2007 @ 9 p.m. ET/8 CT on ABC
    In the most elaborate episode ever produced in the history of the series, the residents of Wisteria Lane are forced into basements, cellars and safe rooms to weather a tornado that destroys homes and lives forever.

Aunite Em! Aunti Em!

MASS CARNAGE!
    DEATH!
    DESTRUCTION!
    Who Lives?
    Who Dies?
    Who CARES!
    I LOVE IT!
    (By the way I'm rooting for the tornado!)

(By the way I'm guessing that this twister on Wisteria Lane will be so big it'll make this year's Greensburg, Kansas, EF5 tornado look tame by comparison!)

Oh man, I hope everyone who lives on Wisteria Lane has "Tornado Coverage" on their insurance policies!

and in fact this will be leaving everyone hanging by a thread:
    Spoiler:
    as this will be the cliffhanger that's as big as Dynasty's Wedding Massacre!

Let's just hope we'll see the results of this storm...
    (Trash the Neighborhood My Evil little Whirlwind! Go Tornado Go! )
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Enjoy this evil little.. *ahem* Twist(er)!

As the Ladies of Wisteria Lane learn..
    It's not Nice to Fool 'Mother Nature'!

Cryptozoology 101: The truth is real.

Friday nights on CN.. Action, Adventure, and.. Chilli Fries?

Kim Possible 2002-2007. Save the Cheerleader, Save the World. and for one brief Moment, we the fans, did save the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    - Well, Edie got back a tiny shred of humanity, but she's still got a LONG way to go to recover from what she's done. As for what happened to Victor... ouch. But Mary Alice did say one of the Housewives would be losing a husband.

- I hope I wasn't the only one to laugh at crazy lady getting sucked out the door. I know it's wrong, but I busted out laughing when she got swept away.

- So, now Tom, the kids, and Ida Greenerg are buried under the remains of McCluskey's house? I read a spoiler that
    Spoiler:
    Ida's the friend who dies
    , but I have a feeling that Mrs. McClusky's going to be moving in with the Scavo's when and if the series returns.

- Was this the end of Mike's addiction? Probably not, but still it's nice to see Susan stepping up for her child's safety.

- Where was Andrew? I know he moved out, but he still had to be in the path of the storm, depending on where his apartment is.

tucsoncoyote is offline Time to get my "Game face" on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll get you my pretty! and your little Dog too!

- I hope I wasn't the only one to laugh at crazy lady getting sucked out the door. I know it's wrong, but I busted out laughing when she got swept away.
    Actually Tobias when I saw her going out the door as she got sucked out I thought humorously.. "Cue the Wicked Witch of the East Theme music from the Wizard of Oz!"

That crazy woman needed a one way trip, and I hope she got it... right into the next city Block..(it would have been funnier if as she was being sucked out the door you hear her exclaim)...

"I'll get you my pretty! and Your Little Dog Too!"

But yep she needed to get tossed. Frankly I see the twister did a nice little number of Wisteria Lane.. let's see when the 2nd part comes along we get to really see what happens.

Now if someone does survive and sees little green men exclaiming "Follow the Yellow Brick Road", I would hope that one of the women would say, "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto..."

But yep I cheered for the tornado..(Time for Nature's Hoovermatic to clean house!)

Last edited by tucsoncoyote; 12-03-2007 at 05:26 AM.
    Cryptozoology 101: The truth is real.

Friday nights on CN.. Action, Adventure, and.. Chilli Fries?

Kim Possible 2002-2007. Save the Cheerleader, Save the World. and for one brief Moment, we the fans, did save the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Something's Coming"

I kinda knew or actually knew that Victor was going to bite it during the tornado, but wow, the mayor was bent on revenge! He seemed so much better than that when we first met him. It seems Bob & Lee's fountain will no longer be a problem for Susan and the neighborhood.

Susan has her own problems to worry about, but it appears they are starting to be behind them. Mike can't be Superman and it seems that what happened with Susan has finally put him on the right path.

I could care less about Edie being redeemed. I have don't hate the existence of the character exactly, but let's just say that writers and Nicollette Sheridan have done their jobs well in getting me to hate her. Hopefully this will calm Edie down some. Gaby & Carlos don't have to move now, but they don't have a big pile of money either.

I also chuckled at crazy Sylvia declaring she was leaving and then being swept out the door. The damage has been done to Katherine and Adam, but at least this smaller Mayfair mystery has its answers.

I was rather surprised that the Scavos apparently do not have a basement, but I guess they don't. I kind of liked Mrs. McCluskey taking it to Lynette after she let Ida's cat out, Tom was in rough shape, but Karen was right in everything she said. The ending pretty much traumatized me!

- Where was Andrew? I know he moved out, but he still had to be in the path of the storm, depending on where his apartment is.
    I think Andrew must be fairly far away from Wisteria Lane based on the seemingly dangerous and run-down area his apartment is in. Fairview may not be a large city, but I think it's big enough that the tornado touched down and didn't go near him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    tucsoncoyote, I was all up for using a few tornado/Wizard of Oz jokes, but you've literally beat that horse to the ground.

For what was being billed as The. Biggest. Episode. Of the YEAR! ...this really wasn't all that interesting.

For one thing, the pacing of the episode was rather slow. We'd spend a fair share of time with Bree, longer than usual, and then jump over to Lynette and spend a while with her. It just seemed everyone's scenes took a few minutes longer than usual, so much so that I'd start wondering what the others were up to, or flat out forget.

That quibble aside, I was disappointed to see the crazy lady go. When a character doesn't work for me initially, I keep hoping the writers find a way to make them work. Instead, this boring woman made Alma and last year's gun-toting housewife look even better by comparison. Cherry's making the strange ex-lover a reoccuring presence, and I wish he'd stop. This one didn't work, and only dulled the seemingly open-doored Katherine mystery.

I'm glad McKlusky called Lynette out on her treatment of her. They really aren't friends. They certainly care for one another, but there's room for more respect. I definitely thought McKlusky would die by the end of the hour, even though I knew a man would bite it.

I'm bummed to see Victor go. He had the potential to really make Gabby's life hell for a few episodes, but instead, they just built him up to take him out, and that bothered me. Moreover, a friend of mine got me thinking about him and Edie so much that prior to last night's episode, I found myself wondering why Cherry didn't just have those two become a couple. Think about it: Edie wants money and prestige, Victor wants a trophy wife with heart. Edie's got a human side, and if she's brought her son back to town, I could totally see them being the ultimate "evil" family in town. Now THERE would have been a good use of their characters.

Instead, we get a half-baked reconciliation between Gabby and "the skank". Edie's been written so sloppily since the end of last season that I just rolled my eyes. I was certainly surprised to see her show Gabby some compassion during the storm, but the "we're going to make it" lines just felt cheesy. If Cherry really wanted us to feel the danger of the storm, he'd have show more scenes of actual (as in not CGI) destruction, and spared us the hambone girl-talk.

Since the previews showed Lynette screaming, I figured Tom would be the husband to die, but then again Cherry was just jerking us around. Victor is technically a husband, so why not kill him off? I shouldn't have been fooled. Her whole family being buried under the rubble was not a twist I expected, so points for that, but her reaction was a little hammy and undercut by the fact that we didn't really see enough of the tornado to get that an entire house would be eaten up. In my mind, that wasn't a possibility, so this suddenly felt like overkill.

If anyone had to die in this episode, I found myself hoping it would be Gabby. She's cute to a point, and that point was sometime last season. Maybe it's just this whole drawn-out breakup with Carlos. Didn't it start in season one? It's season four. Let's move on, shall we?

And now, ironically, comes this news:

http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn....abc&date=False

Guess it's a good thing Cherry brought in Katherine. She might have to stay around for a while.

Next week's episode is the last of the season thus far, right? Well, I'll weigh in on the development again after that's aired. This week wasn't terrible, but hardly earth-shattering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think last night's episode was the mid-season finale. I think Lynette's reaction to seeing the house totaled was completely rational. I mean, she's got a husband and five kids (And Ida, if she didn't go out searching for her cat) buried under the rubble. For all she knows, the roof could have collapsed into the basmenent, or they could be suffocating. I think that scream would have been any mother's reaction to seeing that her husband and young children are possibly dead.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast