0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kolbar is offline @Cinecrisis on Twitter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Ten Years Ago HE Changed The Face Of Halloween. Tonight HE'S BACK!

"Ten years ago, he tried to kill Laurie Strode. Now he wants her daughter." - Dr. Loomis

Release Date: October 21, 1988
    Studio: Trancas International Films
    Director: Dwight H. Little
    Starring: Donald Pleasence, Ellie Cornell, Danielle Harris, Beau Starr, George P. Wilbur, Sasha Jenson, Kathleen Kinmont, Michael Pataki, Jeff Olson, Karen Alston, Gene Ross, Carmen Filpi, Raymond O'Connor, George Sullivan, Nancy Borgenicht

Plot Summary: Michael Myers is being transmitted from Richmond Mental Institute, when he breaks free, and goes after Jamie Lloyd (Danielle Harris). Jamie is the daughter of his late sister, Laurie Strode (the heroine of the 1st 2 installments). Due to her parent's deaths, Jamie is adopted by the Carruthers family, and Michael stalks out the teenaged Rachel (Ellie Cornell), and the young Harris. Dr. Loomis (Donald Pleasence) returns again to stop Michael's reign of terror.

Comments?

Damien is offline Watching
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty good start to this particular storyline. If the latter half of 5 and all of 6 had followed suit, the Thorn trilogy wouldn't have been ignored by the later movies (because, obviously, they wouldn't have Thorn in them).

One of the better films of the franchise.

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Thorn trilogy?
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Damien is offline Watching
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's just what I call 4-6. The Thorn aspect didn't actually start till 5, but 4 started the Jamie storyline.

For those who haven't seen 5 or 6, in 5 you see a man in black stalking around Haddonfield. At the end, he busts Michael from the slammer. During the film, you see that both this man and Michael have a mysterious symbol on their wrists. In 6, we learn through Tommy Doyle that the it is the mark of Thorn, a Druid rune that means that person is cursed and must kill their whole family. During Halloween nights, Michael comes out and kills when the constellation appears in the sky. So, don't worry, kids; Michael Myers is seasonal.
    Oh...and the head doctor of Michael's hospital is the mystery man, and he not only controls Michael, but wants to raise Jamie's baby into another killer.

Still, 4 is great as a stand-alone. Or rather, a stand-alone sequel.

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Halloween 4 is my second favorite of the series, though is actually the one I watch the most often. Like the original, the gore is kept to a very minimum, relying more on style and suspense. Visually this film is my favorite. It just looks so good, particularly the nighttime scenes during the second half. The direction by Dwight H. Little is very nice, and Rachel Carruthers is my second favorite character of the series behind Dr. Loomis. This also has my favorite score of the series. The opening credits are creepy, and when the "Halloween Theme" kicks in for the first time, as Michael's gurney is wheeled out to the ambulance waiting in the rain, it really gets you in the mood.

It was an interesting set-up they had at the end of the film, too. Michael was really supposed to finally be dead, but because Jamie had touched his hand, his evil had transfered to her, and she was supposed to have been the killer in Halloween 5. But fans, while enjoying the film and making it #1 at the box office for two weeks straight, reacted negatively to that idea, so Michael was again brought back for the next film.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Robin2099 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Part 4 is probably my second favorite part of the movie. The movie was more in spirit with the original, and factoring in how short of a period it was written in, it's amazing it didn't suck. The performances were very strong, especially Danielle Harris as Jamie, and the concept was just incredibly cool. I mean what would be scarier then being looked in a house with Michael Myers and no power? ****/*****

Movie06 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now this one is one of my favorite films in the Halloween series, Moustapha Akkad finally realised that Halloween III was and still is a mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think Akkad has ever said he regretted doing Halloween III. At the 25th anniversary convention in 2003, he did say he liked the film but they just shouldn't have called it Halloween III.
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Movie06 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I don't think Akkad has ever said he regretted doing Halloween III. At the 25th anniversary convention in 2003, he did say he liked the film but they just shouldn't have called it Halloween III.
    Oh so regrets calling it Halloween III, him and me both; it's a terrible idea to call Season of the Witch a Halloween film when it doesn't have Michael Myers in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Of course, under Carpenter's original idea, the title still makes since. He wanted Halloween to become the name of the series, with the subtitle being the name of the actual film. So in that regard, it makes sense. It only seems odd nowadays to people who are unfamiliar with the reasoning behind the film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast