0 0%
  • 1/2 *

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Have the Adventure of Your Life Keeping Up with the Joneses

Henry Jones Sr.: "You say this has been just another typical day for you huh?"
    Henry "Indiana" Jones Jr.:
    "NO. It's been better than most."

Release Date
    : May 24, 1989
    Studio: Paramount/Lucasfilm LTD
    Director: Steven Spielberg, George Lucas (uncredited)
    Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 (Panavision)
    Starring: Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Denholm Elliot, John Rhys-Davies, Alison Doody, Julian Glover

Plot Summary: Indiana Jones, famed adventurer and archaeologist acquires a diary that holds clues and a map with no names to find the mysterious Holy Grail- which was sent from his father, Dr. Henry Jones, in Italy. Upon hearing from a private collector, Walter Donavan, that the mission for the Holy Grail went astray with the disappearance of his father, Indiana Jones and museum curator Marcus Brody venture to Italy in search of Indy's father. However, upon retrieving Dr. Henry Jones in Nazi territory, the rescue mission turns into a race to find the Holy Grail before the Nazis do- who plan to use it for complete world domination for their super-race. With the diary as a vital key and the map with no names as a guide, Indiana Jones once again finds himself in another death defying adventure of pure excitement.

COMMENTS?

Yet another in the continuing series of Steven Spielberg film talkbacks created by yours truly

THE DALEK/SPIELBERG TALKBACK SERIES:

Duel
    The Sugarland Express
    Jaws
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    The Color Purple (soon)
    Empire of the Sun (soon)
    Always (soon)
    Hook (at least to slap something more formal on this... thing)
    Schindler's List (soon)
    Amistad (soon)
    Saving Private Ryan (soon)
    Munich (soon)

Talkbacks done by others
    Jurassic Park
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    A.I. Artificial Intelligence
    Minority Report
    Catch Me if You Can
    War of the Worlds

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Okay, good. This is something I've always wanted to bring up...

You know that scene where the Nazis are trying to figure out how to get past the first trap, but they keep losing their heads? And then they force Indy to go next? And he keeps repeating the line "a penetient man shall pass," then suddenly realizes it means to kneel, and he kneels right before the axe whooshes overhead, and he lives?

Why did it take this many years for anyone to figure out that the solution to avoiding this trap.....WAS TO DUCK???
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It's all come to this! Winnie cannot restore the Harpers' memories, but more may be at stake than that! Don't miss the explosive climax of Love That Winnie!

Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianinvader View Post

You know that scene where the Nazis are trying to figure out how to get past the first trap, but they keep losing their heads? And then they force Indy to go next? And he keeps repeating the line "a penetient man shall pass," then suddenly realizes it means to kneel, and he kneels right before the axe whooshes overhead, and he lives?

Why did it take this many years for anyone to figure out that the solution to avoiding this trap.....WAS TO DUCK???
    Because they're Nazis, and nazis in IJ flicks are typically stupid.

You could make the same arguement about how Indy knows not to look into the Ark of the Covenant but noone else does.

Swordfish_II is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know whether I like this or Ark more. They're both excellent films.

So glad I finally picked up the DVD set last month.

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm guessing because the people who got their heads chopped off weren't able to yell back, "Duck when you come through here!" before dying.

This is the one Indy movies I have a clear recollection of seeing in the theater. I also saw Temple of Doom and Raiders (according to my parents), but this one I clearly recall seeing, and it was an experience I'll always remember.

My second favorite, right behind Raiders, and it goes without saying, Harrison Ford and Sean Connery made one of the best team-ups in film history.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

FightingDreamer is offline Mutant on the Rise
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because they're not main characters.
    “Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash we have very little reason to be interested in them."-Pauline Kael

mookie75 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think we're supposed to assume that no one has found the place in thousands of years (much less encountered the first trap). The two peons that they sent in first were probably superstitious enough to believe that God himself was lopping off heads to keep people away from the Grail. If they believed that, then they probably wouldn't have thought that something as simple as ducking would help. Besides, they didn't have the clues because they didn't have *shifts to a nice German accent* "ze diary in their pocket."

I think the REAL question is: How did Indy know to roll in order to avoid the second blade that came out?

Mynd Hed is offline Holy blue on a popo!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie75 View Post
    I think the REAL question is: How did Indy know to roll in order to avoid the second blade that came out?
    Because a penitent man always rolls right after ducking. DUH. (-:

ToOn~g@l is offline Just singin' the blues
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah my second favorite Indiana Jones movie.

Brilliant acting done by Sean Connery I loved him as Henry Jones, still bossing around his son after all these years. And I liked the beginning showing a young Indiana fighting to get a relic to a museam and then suddenly coming back to his older self still fighting to get that Relic. It was a nicely done touch.

mookie75 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynd Hed View Post
    Because a penitent man always rolls right after ducking. DUH. (-:
    I should suggest that technique at church sometime. I think it would be much cooler if everyone did a "kneel and roll" for prayer instead of just a "kneel."

They might need to space out the pews a little more though........

*THUD* Owww..........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast