0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

HIS ADVENTURE ON EARTH

"E.T. phone home."

Release Date: June 11, 1982
    Studio: Universal/Amblin
    Director: Steven Spielberg
    Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
    Starring: Henry Thomas, Dee Wallace, Robert McNaughton, Drew Barrymore, Peter Coyote

Plot Summary: A group of aliens visit earth and one of them is lost and left behind stranded on this planet. The alien is found by a 10 year old boy, Elliot. Soon the two begin to communicate, and start a different kind of friendship in which E.T learns about life on earth and Elliot learns about some new values for the true meaning of friendship. E.T. wants to go home, but if Elliot helps him, he'll lose a friend...

COMMENTS?

As a part of a master plan to do a talkback for every Steven Spielberg film for which one does not exist, I will be creating ones intermittently throughout the year. A box office triumph in its day, E.T. was for many years the highest grossing film of all time. Spielberg would beat his own record with Jurassic Park a decade later.

THE DALEK/SPIELBERG TALKBACK SERIES:

Duel
    The Sugarland Express
    Jaws
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    Raiders of the Lost Ark

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People LOVE this movie. I'm not one of them. I don't think I'll ever sit through it to try and figure out what I'm missing.

Jeff Harris is offline Creator/Webmaster, TXB
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked the movie. In fact, it's the first movie I have a very clear memory of seeing in a theater. I was just a little guy, but the movie was cool, especially the bike chase segments.

Had an E.T. Big Wheel with E.T. in the front of it in a mock milk crate. Had the action figure. Was suckered into getting the crappy Atari game. Even found myself eating Reese's Pieces since. Taped it when it FINALLY came on television, totally intact and uncut. Still refuse to watch the special edition. Learned a lot about "special editions" after my Star Wars encounters.

See, E.T. affected me more than Star Wars did. How strange is that?
    What does the X stand for? It's definitely not Extreme. Extreme starts with E.

Discloner is offline Spooned to death
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    People LOVE this movie. I'm not one of them. I don't think I'll ever sit through it to try and figure out what I'm missing.
    I am in the same boat - not because it's a bad movie, but because the E.T. character totally terrifies me, always has. There is SOMETHING about it...and to this day I can't figure it out. I can watch any film in the Alien franchise and not flinch at all - but flash an clip of ET, ugh!

If I were ever outside on a foggy night and rolled a ball into a shed only to have it roll right back; I'd be back in the house with the door locked, shades down, and be sobbing in my closet before anyone else could even go to investigate.

Don't even get me started on when he's all 'white' and dying....gah. ET is, and likely will forever be one of my great irrational fears.
    Toonami: Absolution NeXt
    Evolution of the Revolution
    [The X Bridge] [TDA] [Infolink] [ANX] = [TICA]

Support ReBoot!

Baltofan is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love it too.

Tinytooncrazy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I t toke me a while but I did used to afird of E.T until I went on the ride

rggkjg1 is offline Batman v Superman
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    spielbergfilms.com has an interesting article about the deleted scenes:
    http://spielbergfilms.com/et/1406
    MICHAEL KEATON IS BIRDMAN
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL TRAILER
    (R rated language)

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman. or maybe it's a DARK, SERIOUS & REALISTIC take on the Hanna-Barbera Birdman!)

ToOn~g@l is offline Just singin' the blues
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was never a really big fan of E.T. for some reason, and this is one of the few spielburg films I didn't like. I wasn't afraid of the alien which is kind of strange because when I was younger I was afraid of everything. The music is great though I'll give it that.

rggkjg1 is offline Batman v Superman
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    spielberg apologizes for the walkie talkies:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/the-pr...142746809.html

"For myself, I tried [changing a film] once and lived to regret it. Not because of fan outrage, but because I was disappointed in myself. I got overly sensitive to [some of the reaction] to E.T., and I thought if technology evolved, [I might go in and change some things]…it was OK for a while, but I realized what I had done was I had robbed people who loved E.T. of their memories of E.T. [...] If I put just one cut of E.T. on Blu-ray and it was the 1982, would anyone object to that? [The crowd yells "NO!" in unison.] OK, so be it."
    we got an apology from joel schumacher (http://youtu.be/r6epsGrcuTs) and now we got one from spielberg. now if we can get one from george lucas, i think everyone will be happy.
    MICHAEL KEATON IS BIRDMAN
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL TRAILER
    (R rated language)

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman. or maybe it's a DARK, SERIOUS & REALISTIC take on the Hanna-Barbera Birdman!)

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    ET may have been a generational thing. They rereleased the movie 20 years later and nobody came to see it. People just don't want the Spielberg Schmaltz anymore, which this film was the apex of.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It's a war on the media and Trawn and company are caught in the middle in Part 2 of a brand-new Electric Wonderland incident! Aren't you glad real life isn't this insane?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast