0 Post(s)

"1941" Talkback (spoilers)

Like This Thread!

A Comedy Spectacular!

Release Date: December 14, 1979
    Studio: Universal/Columbia
    Director: Steven Spielberg
    Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 (Panavision)
    Starring: Dan Aykroyd, Ned Beatty, John Belushi, Lorraine Gary, Murray Hamilton

Plot Summary: t's been six days since the attack on Pearl Harbor. Panic grips California, supposedly the next target of the Japanese forces. Everywhere in California, people are suffering from war nerves. Chaos erupts all over the state. An Army Air Corps Captain, a civilian with a deranged sense of Nationalism, civilian defenders, and a Motor Pool crew all end up on the trail of a lost Japanese sub that has picked Hollywood as their own target. Will these people be able to defend their homes? Will they be able to preserve the safety in California? Will they be able to get a hold of themselves?

COMMENTS?

As a part of a master plan to do a talkback for every Steven Spielberg film for which one does not exist, I will be creating ones intermittently throughout the year.

THE DALEK/SPIELBERG TALKBACK SERIES:

Duel
    The Sugarland Express
    Jaws
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love this movie! Probably one of the first Spielberg films I ever saw, possibly even before Jaws. Haven't seen it in several years, but I recall getting lots of laughs out of this movie.

I loved this story I once read that when Spielberg visited the set of Galaxy Quest one day, Tim Allen spotted him and announced to the cast and crew, "Ladies and gentlemen, the director of 1941!"
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Family Guy, The Flash, Gotham, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Stalker, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.