Quantcast
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
    the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanx54 View Post
    Yeah, the only good DC Movie's were the Nolan Batman trilogy, yep I even hated the Burton Batman movies. Don't get me started on Schumacher's Batman *shudders*.

A JL Movie could definitely work. The Main reason I want to see The Avengers is Joss Whedon has a heavy involvement It, a guy from the comics industry.

They should get someone like Geoff Johns to write the script. Green Lantern was a flop, I think if Man of Steel is successful we will more than likely get a JL Movie. And shouldn't DC have a heavy involvement in their films?, isn't DC Entertainment the same thing as Marvel Studios?
    I believe we discussed this whole Marvel films vs DC films in an old thread, and one of the conclusions we came up with was Marvel had alot more films out in alot more studios for about ten years. One of which wasnt even a 1st tier character. It wasn't about taking chances or anything it was almost like blind luck luck. Disney wisely bought Marvel including their new film studio, and we honestly don't know the whole dealings with that acquisition as in whether or not Marvel Studios had retained some of their individual power to some degree, much like Pixar. I'm just saying I don't think everything is cut and dry.

My issue with DC heroes has nothing to do with character its simply exposure. Exposure can make a character, much like Wesley Snipes reinvented Blade. It's similar to how RDJ fused with Tony Stark and changed our interpretation of the character, while not changing the character completely. The opposite is what happened with Green Lantern by stunt casting Reynolds instead of retaining the integrity of Hal Jordan character. If Johnny Depp is cast as Aquaman tomorrow, he'd not only be a 1st tier character, but depending on interpretation of how he plays him, it could go either way. They must stick to the integrity of the character and it would help if the filmmakers get that.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The on again, off again Justice League movie seems to have been turned back on with a new writer.

The studio has hired Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beall to write the script for the Justice League adaptation. He's also written a few episodes of the TV series Castle.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/6/5/...rner-bros.html

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055082

I guess the insane numbers of Avengers was just too much for WB to let the project linger. I wonder how soon before it shuts down again
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not familiar with that guy's work, but at least it's a step forward. Though I'll still be skeptical that this is actually happening until a trailer's released.

dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool, they could bring Bale Batman, Cavill Supes, Reynolds Lantern, and the newly Flash who I hope is Wally West, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter all can be introduced on the film itself. Awesome
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.

JLU Dude is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmxx116 View Post
    Cool, they could bring Bale Batman, Cavill Supes, Reynolds Lantern, and the newly Flash who I hope is Wally West, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter all can be introduced on the film itself. Awesome
    Expect, IIRC, Bale has stated he has no interest in douing a Justice League movie, so that's not gonna happen. It'll probably be the post-Nolan reboot Batman if that.
    "You can't live in fear."- Johnny Blaze, Ghost Rider.

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Warner Brothers is in a very tought spot. They could do a Justice League movie which ties a bunch of movies together, but then they could very easily be accused of copying Marvel. But Marvel has set a precedent, and it almost feels as if it should be done that way.

There's also the issue of the characters. If Green Lantern had done well I think that a DC Movie Universe would be well underway. But it flopped and I don't think many people want to see the Reynolds Green Lantern again, myself included. And then there is Superman. We don't know if Man of Steel will be a hit. Superman Returns proved Superman is not invincible at the box office (it did well, but should have been better) People have come to love the Bale/Nolan Batman version (if not Bale himself) It's too soon to reboot it again. Plus there is Wonder Woman which is in the lowest pit of development hell. I'm interested to see what they do, but The Avengers shows they have to do something or get left way in the dust.

BatKid is offline The True Batman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLU Dude View Post
    Expect, IIRC, Bale has stated he has no interest in douing a Justice League movie, so that's not gonna happen. It'll probably be the post-Nolan reboot Batman if that.
    Source? The only time I've heard Bale talk about himself in a JL film was from this quote a few years back:

In a recent interview with IGN, Bale spoke about the possibility of a Justice League movie. Will it happen? The short answer is “maybe.” Damn. These Hollywood types are so very sneaky. Check out Bale’s own words right here:

“It’s like I was saying to Chris [Nolan] – I’ll be probably doing this in dinner theater somewhere in my 50s, so I won’t knock it. Because who knows where I’ll end up?”
    In any case, Bale has likely moved on. He's set himself up a great spot in Hollywood; he'll be in one of this year's biggest grossers, and has accrued a great deal of acting cred that allows him to be free of the genre for years to come.
    "We could have changed the world...NOW...look at us...I've become a political liability...and you...you're a JOKE...I want you...to REMEMBER, Clark...in all the years to come...in your most private moments...I want you to remember MY HAND...AT YOUR THROAT...I want...you to remember...the one man who BEAT you...." - Batman to Superman in DKR

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BatKid View Post
    Source? The only time I've heard Bale talk about himself in a JL film was from this quote a few years back:

In any case, Bale has likely moved on. He's set himself up a great spot in Hollywood; he'll be in one of this year's biggest grossers, and has accrued a great deal of acting cred that allows him to be free of the genre for years to come.
    Bale has repeatedly said that TDKR is his last foray into the role, but recently said that he would come back if Nolan were to pull a good idea for Batman 4 out of his hat. Justice League does not fit into that equation.

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spideyzilla
    We don't know if Man of Steel will be a hit. Superman Returns proved Superman is not invincible at the box office (it did well, but should have been better) People have come to love the Bale/Nolan Batman version (if not Bale himself) It's too soon to reboot it again. Plus there is Wonder Woman which is in the lowest pit of development hell. I'm interested to see what they do, but The Avengers shows they have to do something or get left way in the dust.
    Pretty sure Henry Cavil's Superman is in a separate universe. Nolan said he wanted Superman to be in his own universe ala Nolan's Batman.

Since Green Lantern was a flop critically and at the box office, I hope they do the original Bruce Timm Justice League lineup for the JL movie.
    Instead of Hal Jordan as GL, we could get Hawkgirl. And instead of Aquaman, they should do Shayera Hol (Hawkgirl).
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

BatKid is offline The True Batman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spideyzilla View Post
    Bale has repeatedly said that TDKR is his last foray into the role, but recently said that he would come back if Nolan were to pull a good idea for Batman 4 out of his hat. Justice League does not fit into that equation.
    I just put up a quote from Bale himself that clashes against the notion that JL is completely out of the equation. Again, if Bale has expounded further on the topic I'd love to see it. But thus far, his only direct answer has amounted to, "it's not impossible". I'll take his words over anything else.
    "We could have changed the world...NOW...look at us...I've become a political liability...and you...you're a JOKE...I want you...to REMEMBER, Clark...in all the years to come...in your most private moments...I want you to remember MY HAND...AT YOUR THROAT...I want...you to remember...the one man who BEAT you...." - Batman to Superman in DKR