• *1/2

0 0%

1 20.00%
  • 1/2

0 0%
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Mission: Impossible II" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

"Mission: Impossible 2" Talkback (Spoilers)

Expect the impossible again

Release Date: May 24th, 2000
    Studio: Paramount Pictures
    Director: John Woo
    Starring: Tom Cruise, Dougray Scott, Thandie Newton, Anthony Hopkins, Ving Rhames

Plot Summary: The world's greatest spy returns in the movie event of the year, M:1-2. Top action director John Woo brings his own brand of excitement to the mission that finds Ethan Hunt partnering up with the beautiful Nyah Hall to stop renegade agent Sean Ambrose from releasing a new kind of terror on an unsuspecting world. But before the mission is complete, they'll traverse the globe and have to choose between everything they love and everything they believe.

Comments?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The problem I've always had with MI:2 was that the filmmakers were trying to either distance themselves or completely cutoff all together what made Mission: Impossible the tv series so awesome. In the end it just feels like a very well made James Bond knockoff and thats not what I wanted to see out of this franchise.

Also it marked the beginning of the end of John Woo's career so I'm a little pissed off at that.

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of my favourite films. I've loved this since I first saw it in the cinema, and it's always fun to watch. Whilst it's pretty much your typical summer blockbuster, it's a very good summer blockbuster with some utterly fantastic direction and cinematography.

Have to give Kudo's to Cruise too, there was some awesome stunts here (especially at the beginning as he is climbing the mountain).

I've never actually seen the first one, but given how much I've enjoyed one and two, would any of you recommend it? Does it live up to it's sequels?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

JLApe is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The best part about MI:2 is the last 40 minutes. That's vintage John Woo. The rest is all about Tom Cruise.

I must admit that I once thought it was John Woo's best when I first saw it. Not any more.

The first one is okay if you don't try to follow the storyline. It was so muddled up that many things don't make sense. But it's pacing is a little better than MI:2. Action is pretty good, but John Woo's better. :anime:

Damien is offline Watching
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great movie, depite the lack of espionage. Love the intro. to Limp Bizkit's cover of the theme as well.