0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Penguin is offline Available for dirty jobs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Doom" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Hell Breaks Loose

"Should efforts of containment be endangered, eliminate with extreme prejudice."

Release Date: October 21, 2005
    Studio: Universal Pictures
    Director: Andrzej Bartkowiak
    Starring: Karl Urban, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Rosamund Pike, Deobia Oparei, Ben Daniels, Raz Adoti, Richard Brake, Al Weaver, Yao Chin

Plot Summary: Something has gone wrong at a remote scientific research station on Mars. All research has ceased. Communication has failed. And the messages that do get through are less than comforting. It's a level 5 quarantine and the only souls allowed in or out are the Rapid Response Tactical Squad - hardened Marines armed to the teeth with enough firepower to neutralize the enemy... or so they think. The research being done at Odluval station has unwittingly opened a door and all hell has broken loose. A legion of nightmarish creatures of unknown origin lurk behind every wall and stalk the countless rooms and tunnels of the facility, killing what few people remain.

Sealing off the portal to Earth, Sarge (Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson), Reaper (Karl Urban) and their team must use every weapon at their disposal - and some they find along the way - to carry out their orders: nothing gets out alive.

The game that electrified a generation leaps from the computer screen to the big screen as a terrifying science-fiction action adventure that will transport moviegoers to a dark and disturbing future with all the visceral excitement and horror that made its gaming predecessor a global phenomenon.

Visit the official move site here.

Comments?

It's "game time!" The Rock's biggest blockbuster to date brings popular first person shooter Doom to the big screen!
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Frank Castle is offline Sic vis pacem, para bellum
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Going to see it tonight in about 2 hours with a 8 other friends. Theater's gonna be packed and it should be fun.
    "If the thought of it seems crazy, you were never crazy enough to begin with." -The Punisher

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to wait until Sunday to see it. Hope it's entertaining, though. The ads look pretty cool. Been years since I've seen a good video game-based movie.
    My Blog | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Family Guy, The Flash, Gotham, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Stalker, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Hades is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be seeing it on Sunday, but I don't have much hope for it. I never cared for the games, but I must see every movie that is based off a game, no matter how bad it is (like House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark).

Frank Castle is offline Sic vis pacem, para bellum
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I saw it last night and I have mixed feelings. The story wasn't very good but the action was great. There's a huge part of the movie involving the 24th chromosome infecting a marine and then it goes into 1st person mode for about 5 minutes. It was pretty good overall. 3.5/5
    "If the thought of it seems crazy, you were never crazy enough to begin with." -The Punisher

dc_gothamite is offline dead is dead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hilarious overall. zero plot, zero character development, cheesy action, funny lines (especially during Sarge's "death").

the five minute first-person shoot-out was commendable, but overall cheesy. My entire theatre burst out into laughter when that scene came up.

not really good IMO. Goes right down there w/ other failed video-game movie attempts including Resident Evil, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat Annihilation.
    "You will be different. Sometimes, you will feel like an outcast. But you will never be alone. You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine.

The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son."
    --Superman, Superman Returns

G. Wen is offline aspiring artist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know, I really want to see this because I love unintentional comedies. I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD.
    http://artistgracewen.carbonmade.com
    gratiaegracewen.blogspot.com

g_UnIt_GaNsTa is offline |||||||||DRINK|||POWERADE |||||
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dc_gothamite
    hilarious overall. zero plot, zero character development, cheesy action, funny lines (especially during Sarge's "death").

the five minute first-person shoot-out was commendable, but overall cheesy. My entire theatre burst out into laughter when that scene came up.

not really good IMO. Goes right down there w/ other failed video-game movie attempts including Resident Evil, Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat Annihilation.
    You forgot Wing Commander.
    hoo boy

Silly McGooses is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This movie is actually making money?
    http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/
    Odd, I hadn't even heard about it till last week and it's a video game movie...surprising numbers. Not great, but surprising...
    to me, at least.
    "If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down. "
    --Ray Bradbury

SirLemming is offline a playa in a world of NPCs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ehh, people figure it'll be an entertaining sci-fi shoot-'em-up, I don't think anyone really expects it to be classic filmmaking. I think it has a pretty stable audience.
    THE CASTLE OF SIR LEMMING
    THIS MONTH'S UPDATE: Christmas Countdown! 25 Christmas songs of interest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast