Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Penguin is offline Movin' on Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Criminal Minds" First Season Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Criminal Minds premieres tonight after CSI before moving to its normal time of Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET next week.

CRIMINAL MINDS is a psychological suspense thriller about an elite squad of profilers who analyze the country's most twisted criminal minds, anticipating their next moves before they strike again. Leading the team is Special Agent Jason Gideon (Mandy Patinkin), the FBI's top behavioral analyst. The experts on Gideon's team include Special Agent Dr. Spencer Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler), a classically misunderstood genius whose social IQ is as low as his intellectual IQ is high; Special Agent Aaron Hotch (Thomas Gibson), a family man who is able to gain people's trust and unlock their secrets; Special Agent Derek Morgan (Shemar Moore), an expert on obsessional crimes; and Elle Greenaway (Lola Glaudini), an agent with a background in sexual offenses who is motivated by her own unsolved assault years before. Each member of the team brings his or her own area of expertise to the table as they pinpoint predators' motivations and identify their emotional triggers in the attempt to stop them.

SEASON PREMIERE ON A SPECIAL NIGHT
    Thursday, 10PM ET/PT

"Extreme Aggressor"

When a fourth woman goes missing in Seattle during the course of four months, the team is brought in to profile her captor and find him before he strikes again. Gideon, who has taken a six month leave of absence since running lead on a case in Boston that ended in disaster, is asked back to help crack the case. While the team works to hunt down the serial killer, Hotch is asked to discreetly evaluate whether or not Gideon is really ready to return to full-time duty.

Comments?
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Master Moron is offline Forum Elder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The series was decent, but there's really nothing to distinguish it from the dozen other procedural dramas out there. At least it wasn't as bad as Bones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked it. The famous quotes started to get on my nerves after awhile, but it was good. I liked how they switched to a flashback at the end. So, what really went down that day? We had some clues in the dialogue, I guess the whole story will come out eventually. CBS is insane to air this during Lost.(A show that I don't watch) Hope they can survive, I already like this show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I really liked it. I mean who doesn't want to see Inigo Montoya solve crimes?

Personally I love the famous quotes, not only because I am a fan of such quotes myself, but it tells us a little bit more about who Gideon is and makes the show a little bit more unique as they seem to tie to the case somehow.

I like the whole "criminal minds" aspect of the show where they are trying to work up a profile. Clearly Jason Gideon is the master of this type of thing and each of the other members of the team play a particular role that contributes to solving the case. I haven't been that impressed with the other two "crime dramas" I have checked out this season, but I'll be sticking with Criminal Minds.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Compulsion" September 29, 2005

Due to the low level of love for Criminal Minds, the series will reside in this thread for the rest of the season. Talk about the next episode which moves the series to its normal time, Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS.

Wednesday, September 29, 9:00PM ET/PT
    "Compulsion"

When a college campus is terrorized by a serial arsonist, the team attempts to identify the firestarter before he strikes again

Spastic Minnow is offline bringing kawaii back
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I watched the first episode. Decent but not too inspired. I'd still watch it if it weren't against Lost and Veronica Mars.

...actually my third choice for this time slot was Head Cases but thats already cancelled ...as Criminal Minds undoubtedly will be if it doesn't soon get a new timeslot with a decent lead-in.
    How appropriate. You fight like a cow

Stuckey is offline Shutter Buggin'
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I planned on watching the show, but I missed the premier and since it airs the same time as Lost (which I became hooked on last night) I won't be watching it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Compulsion"

You folks are missing a great show! 24 and Prison Break build the situations and the tension builds, but Criminal Minds makes you think!

Gideon is awesome with this sort of thing and it's just amazing to watch him (and his staff) work to catch the criminal. The flashback story and the one at the college were both played out very well.

I just love how the littlest thing can lead them to the answer. When they were trying to figure out what "three" the girl was going to go for to set the next fire, I shivered a little bit when I saw her three lab partners walking down the hallway. Thank goodness the combination of Hotch and Gideon were there to stop her.

It's a shame this show is on against Lost. I believe it did well after CSI in its first week, but that timeslot isn't as tough.

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dalek
    Face it Pengy, CBS has it in the death slot. It's not gonna make it.
    It seems that way. It's disappointing though, teamed with CSI, Criminal Minds was fourth in the ratings and I just can't believe no on followed it. I think I'll bump this thread one more time fo next week's show and see what happens. No reason for me to talk to myself.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast