Well, it might be Good Times - The Complete Fourth Season, but they may not be Good Times at first due to John Amos leaving the show. Florida is now widowed and eventually engaged and in the season that follows this set, she's away and not seen at all, but returns in the sixth and final season due to some "happy" family changes. Even though we don't see James fight, one thing is that this set is DYN-O-MITE:

At the start of the Fourth Season, it's Good Times and bad times. For the Evans family, life has always been a combination of both, but when family patriarch James (John Amos) is killed in an auto accident, Florida (Esther Rolle) is left to support herself and their three kids; J.J. (Jimmie Walker), Michael (Ralph Carter) and Thelma (BernNadette Stanis) - on her own. Neighbor Willona (Ja'net du Bois) foes her best to help, as good friends do. Times are tough but if laughter is the best medicine, the J.J. must be the doctor, administering double doses of hilarious hijinks to everyone. Soon, it seems like the Good Times are back again. This 3-disc set contains all 24 Dyn-O Mite episodes from the fourth season (1976-1977), all digitally remastered. Let the GOOD TIMES roll!

Another good thing about this set it's the season when you start to see the most of Booger. That's Bookman! Bookman! You know, don't you know who that guy on the cover is? I can tell you one thing it aint James! He's folded the croak chain! Also appearing in the episodes are a lot of familiar faces and often recurring well-known Good Times characters such as Raymond Allen (Uncle Woodrow on Sanford & Son) playing Ned The Wino, Helen Martin (Pearl on 227) playing Florida's friend Wanda, Matthew (Stymie) Beard playing James' old pal Monty, Richard Ward playing James' long-lost father Henry, and Moses Gunn playing Florida's boyfriend and eventual fiancee Carl Dixon.

This 3-disc set consists of 24 episodes. Disc One has episodes 1-8, Disc Two has episodes 9-17 and Disc Three has episodes 18-24. Like on the last set, we got some people on the discs (like on Season Three's discs) but this time the discs seem more styling. Disc One has you know who, Disc Two has The Rona Barrett Of The Projects along with Gramps, and Disc Three has Thelma and Florida. You know who I had been referring to JJ and Willona/Michael, right? Are you a real Good Times nut like me? I hope so...

The menus are really soooooo Season Four. We finally have a ghetto theme for the episode selections! The main menu shows a nice small redesign of the painting by Ernnie Barnes shown at the end of the opening credits in Season Four, the beginning of the end credits of Season Four and Five. There aren't really any bonus features, just previews for other Sony Pictures Home Entertainment releases; The King Of Queens and Classic Comedy. And yes, this might have been out earlier this year (2005), but the previews are the same as all classic TV DVDs from Sony released in 2004. Hopefully now that more classics have been released to DVD, sometime this year the previews will change.

All I've got to say is get Season 4 (definitely if you have Seasons 1-3) since Season 5, (which is when Florida is out for the entire season and Willona is in charge of the kids from the "ghetto" and eventually an orphan girl named Penny Gordon, portrayed by Janet Jackson) hits stores in 3 weeks! And hopefully sometime in 2006, Season 6 (the final season) is released also!