• 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Penguin is offline Olfactory Observant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smallville "Onyx" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    I am so sorry this wasn't up earlier! I hope you all remembered fresh Smallville returned tonight! The last new episode was Lucky way back on March 2.

Lex vs. Lex! Here is the official preview from TheWB.com.

Smallville #4-17 "Onyx"
    A glimpse of the future Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum) is revealed after a kryptonite explosion splits Lex in two and his evil side - Alexander - is released. Alexander immediately imprisons Lex in the mansion and begins his rampage by trying to kill Clark (Tom Welling) and Chloe (Allison Mack) in the lab, jousting with Lionel (John Glover) and convincing him to return to the dark side and finally, threatening to close the Talon unless Lana (Kristin Kreuk) moves in with him.

Jensen Ackles, Annette O'Toole and John Schneider also star. Terrence O'Hara directed the episode written by Steven S. DeKnight.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Phantasm is offline Bittersweet Symphony.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Smallville is in desparate need of new writers. This episode had ALL THE MAJOR events taken from OTHER materials! What was up with the Batman line, "I want you to remember Clark, the one man that beat you." (Or something along the lines) Also that Kryptonite ring is a direct copy of Batman! If that isn't enough, they decided to add that little imitation of Man in the Iron Mask.

Completely unoriginal and an inspisid chain of events happening all in the course of one episode. Lex vs Lex could have been handled better but they decided to stick with in-your-face, so called 'dramatic' confrontations and embarrasingly overdone monolgoues that are supposed to hint at the future.

Okay, so Lana and Lex are going to have a fling now? Isn't Lana/Clark/Chloe/Lios/Jason thing boring enough already? I am sick of every male who appears on screen falling desparately in love with Lana.I m sick of seeing her oh-i'm-in-such-a-mess speeches. I am sick of the 'tension' between her and Clark!!!

And enough of this 'We are Luthors' Crap. Its reached a point when I simply want to roll my eyes at those moments. Big deal.We got the idea that Lex and Lionel are basically egotistical manipulators live out of Soap Operas!

I am sick of this 'unintentional out of character' breakdowns where major events take place only for the plot to be where it was when the episode started just becausue a character can't be held accountable for their actions.

3/5. Only because Lex still came off as charismatic.
    Last edited by Phantasm; 04-15-2005 at 12:40 PM.

"Don't forget us when you're famous!"

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    *points above* Crack that whip! Whip it! Whip it good!

Yeah, this seemed like a pretty bad episode for the show to return on to me as well (thought not as bad as he just made it sound). When I saw Lex in the iron mask going "AWWWRRRGHHH! EWWWWRRRGGHHH!!" like King Kong in chains, I thought "After Lex kills Clark and Chloe, he's going to kill the cameraman who shot that scene so the video evidence of his bad acting is destroyed." At least, if he's a LUTHOR.

Guys, everybody in Smallville wants Lana. Everybody. Clark's mom wants Lana. Krypto the Superdog wants Lana. Maybe Lana should get that iron mask--it might save her a lot of future stalkers.

Next week, WHO TAKES CLARK TO THE PROM?? Start your guesses now! I'm hoping for Lois, to be prophetic.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: The new Electric Wonderland cartoon concludes today! Can the wacky wonderful Internet personality Jon-Trawn uncover the real conspiracy?

stwasm is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianinvader
    Clark's mom wants Lana.
    That's pretty interesting. I've always liked Clark's mom, personally.

Sorry. Couldn't resist!
    "Luck. That's what it all boils down to, doesn't it? The smallest break one way or another. It can change a life or destroy it. And you can't fight it. No matter how strong you are."

"I believe the man that you're looking for is the same man who beat Samuel here 'til he cried like a little girl."

"Well, I've certainly got to hand it to you for the meticulous care with which you have executed your finely-formulated machinations in extricating us from this devastating dilemma."

PeterFries is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've sort of stopped watching this show on a regular basis, but I swear this is the third episode I've seen this season where a major character turns evil briefly and all the plot threads seem to come to a head before the inevitable drinking game moment where things are reset back to status quo again and it's revealed that the character doesn't remember anything that they went through.

I understand that this is a way to give the principal actors their chance to break out of the series' formula and stretch their role out a bit, but knowing it's going to turn out to be the TV equivalent of a hoax or imaginary tale robs the story of all drama. Before the second, evil Lex was revealed in the opener, I was thinking that the setup was a nifty twist on the Silver Age Lex origin.

It's weird that the biggest strain in credibility on the show for me isn't Clark having superpowers or meteor rocks causing anomalies or mystical tatoos or split personalities and instead that we're supposed to swallow the idea that the thirtysomething looking actors are still somehow in high school and that Smallville is somehow still a remote rural noplace town in spite of everything.

AdamYJ is offline The Saturday Morning Kid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh my God! There's an evil Lex Luthor!

Wait a minute . . . that sounds more than a little redundant.

Anyway, it was nice to see Smallville Lex playing a part similar to the traditional comic book Lex Luthor, right down to the kryptonite ring. I think we all knew that Lex wouldn't remember in the end.

Beefy is offline It only hurts forever.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Black Kryptonite... Bah! I want blue Kryptonite.

I'm going to miss the "new and improved" Lionel. Looks like we're back to the old evil Lionel.
    ASF: You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
    [bump worthy]: You will download Adult Swim bumps because ASF doesn't have them.
    ---------------------
    Welcome back Toonami. I hope Adult Swim treats you better than Cartoon Network did.

Metroid_spy is offline Talkshow Hosts!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dang... I forgot there was a fresh episode yesterday! Well I hope they do a re run sometime soon.
    Make the best of it. No one can buy memories that last a life time...

Supremus is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Fresh" is hardly the right way to describe this steaming pile of youknowwhat.

The show keeps playing on the exact same ideas over, and over, and over again, and OMG how annoying is Chloe's relentlessly stupid hinting that she knows Clark's secret, and OMG how stupid is Clark for not getting it?

Was there a little bit of Lex-Red and Lex-Blue going on with the lighting in this episode?

STARTOUNZ is offline Best buds since the Stone Age
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Black Kryptonite... Bah! I want blue Kryptonite.
    Or better yet Red-K that mutates Clark in various ways instead of just making him evil or less inhibited.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast