Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Chad Bonin is offline a.k.a. Knux Five
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Power Rangers S.P.D. VS. ... Star Soldier Grand Sazer?

Like This Thread!

http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=44573

Hmm... looks like PRSPD might have some competition next year, in an adaptation of Chou Seishin Gransazer...
    gaijINside
    Comics, video games, animation, gadgets, sci-fi.
    You're multifaceted. So are we.
    AND WE'RE HIRING

David64 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knux Five
    http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=44573

Hmm... looks like PRSPD might have some competition next year, in an adaptation of Chou Seishin Gransazer...
    the only way gransazer can get better, if they get better writing the power rangers, i hate to admit this but, it won't be that hard

I'll still stay true to PR

shoujoaifan is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool.

Competition is good, it will hopefully make both sides try harder to create even better adpations, wether literal translations or mostly new plotline and stories ala Power Rangers, maybe not right away but if Gransazer manages to stay on the air (since it'll look like a "copycat" to most people) they HAVE too. (Is Gransazer a continuing franchise? If its being looked into to bring over...)

If it does well we might get even more shows over here.
    Want to see what genre Mystery Science Theater 3000 evolved out of? www.horrorhosts.com will explain both past and present. I DARE you.

Burgundy Ranger is offline Disney XD/Vortexx schedule guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a rare non-Saban attempt to challenge PR. The only previous ones that come to mind are Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad and the utterly atrocious Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills.

Everything else -- Beetleborgs, Masked Rider, VR Troopers and Mystic Knights -- were attempts to find a complement in the schedule to PR. (Although only two of those, BB and MK, were Fox network shows)

DarkGojira is offline What are you staring at?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nah... I still think Power Rangers SPD will take home the gold, but I still think Star Soldier Grand Sazer will do just great!
    DARKGOJIRA
    暗いゴジラ

Chad Bonin is offline a.k.a. Knux Five
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Everything else -- Beetleborgs, Masked Rider, VR Troopers and Mystic Knights -- were attempts to find a complement in the schedule to PR. (Although only two of those, BB and MK, were Fox network shows)
    So, all of those aired on Fox Kids, but VR/Rider wasn't Fox Network... despite MR appearing on PR?

Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills.
    Does ANYONE actually have images or footage of this?
    gaijINside
    Comics, video games, animation, gadgets, sci-fi.
    You're multifaceted. So are we.
    AND WE'RE HIRING

Funkatron is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rider was on Fox. The reason he guest starred on PR was to promote his show
    I'm gone

Zedd is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    IIRC, VR Troopers was syndicated. It could have easily aired on your local Fox affiliate during their kids block, but it did not air on the Fox Network.

Deadly Messiah is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I may hate changing how th eoriginal series was, but I hope LG can make Gransazer better than it is. The series got very dull during the second story arc, and they have only been focusing on 2 of the Flame Tribe characters 99% of the time instead of the other 10 Sazers.

Mackaybear is offline Never too old for this stuff
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well as they said the sequel starts airing in Japan in Oct. The scans I saw that were posted on Japan Hero.com looked like variants of the Gransazer suits. Except they had boxes on the front of the uniforms and change using cards inserted in the boxes. For the sequel that is. So maybe Toho is planning on making this a series.

Now all we need is Toei to let someone bring the LA PGSM here. And for Tsubura (sp) to bring the new Ultraman Nexus here and I'll be happy.

Deadly Messiah is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackaybear
    Well as they said the sequel starts airing in Japan in Oct. The scans I saw that were posted on Japan Hero.com looked like variants of the Gransazer suits. Except they had boxes on the front of the uniforms and change using cards inserted in the boxes. For the sequel that is. So maybe Toho is planning on making this a series.

Now all we need is Toei to let someone bring the LA PGSM here. And for Tsubura (sp) to bring the new Ultraman Nexus here and I'll be happy.
    Are you taling about Justizers? If so, then it is suppose to be like Sentai and not have anything to do with the previous series.

Tommy Lawson is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Gransazers has a major uphill battle to face in the United States. First off, for the past 11 years, the term "Power Rangers" has become entrenched, meaning that anything resembling sentai-style gets called a "Power Rangers" show. People know what the PR logo looks like, and know what a TV show, DVD, toy, video game based on PR generally looks like. The PR logo retains the lightning bolt design to make people remember it year after year. Making Gransazers stand out from PR may be extremely hard, against such merchandising strength.

And remember, this show's going up against one of the biggest entertainment companies on the planet, Disney. They are able to air the show across three channels- ABC Family, Toon Disney, and ABC Kids. PR has the full backing of Disney Consumer Products, and is a property that appeals to boys, something that has been missing at Disney, so it is definitely important to the company. There are only three real companies that Lion Gates can turn to and hope to air Gransazers with any real chance for success:

Time Warner (Kids WB, Cartoon Network)- Kids WB seems to favor animation very heavily, and didn't jump on the idea of PR clones when they first premiered. While it's not impossible to see them take Gransazers, with Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, it seems unlikely.

Viacom (Nickelodeon)- Nickelodeon may want to try something differenct, but with their current lineup of shows, and the success of shows like "Spongebob Squarepants" and "The Fairly Oddparents" it seems hard to believe they really want to try something different.

4Kids (Fox Box)- If you can't beat it, make a clone series of it, change some elements of it, and hope it works. They're doing it now with Winx Club (4Kids/Rainbow) versus W.I.T.C.H. (Disney, show to premiere around time of PR: S.P.D.). 4Kids is the most likely company to want to obtain Gransazers footage, and adapt it in a PR style, so this is likely where it would be airing if it came to the U.S.

NinjaJack is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You`re right it is going to be an uphill battle, but I say bring it on. As a PR fan since the first airing of "High Five" I`m in full support of the Rangers. But good copetition is healthy and frankly is kinda lonely being the only fanbase of your kind in the states. With this Henshin Heroes in the US could finally find their footing as a genre and not just PR.
    I say bring it on, lets get some rivals.
    The GKA Times
    Read the GKA (Giant Killers Anonymous) Times and gain a bit of insight on the Power Ranger community. We write articles and take you places where you want to be.

Giant Killers Anonymous
    This is the official forum of the GKA Times. Come and read some of the interviews with cast and crew.