0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smallville "Memoria" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Yesterday was Tom Welling's birthday and today is an all new episode of Smallville! Last week's episode was Truth.

Lionel goes after Clark's secret! Here is the official preview from TheWB.com.

Smallville #3-19 "Memoria"
    Believing that key information about his father's (John Glover) past was lost when his memory was erased, Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) decides to join an experimental program with Dr. Garner (guest star Martin Cummins) to regain the information so he can turn his father over to the FBI. Knowing that Lex will discover his secret if he regains his memory, Clark (Tom Welling) tries to stop him but is caught by Lionel and the doctor and exposed to the same radical treatment so that Lionel can solve the mystery of Clark's past.

Kristin Kreuk, Allison Mack, Sam Jones III, Annette O'Toole and John Schneider also star. Miles Millar directed the episode written by Al Gough and Miles Millar.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Barb Gordon is offline Nin-Mod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I missed like the last two or three new eps and was frustrated, but I actually saw tonights, yay!

A really emotionally jarring episode. I just keep thinking over like the last ten minutes and how great they were....Lionel and is realization concerning Lex and his mother and Julian, and then Clark and Martha's scene....some really great peices of acting there for all characters concerned, I just loved it.

~Barb

leaf on the wind...

Icer is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good episode.
    They did a good job making you think Lex did it, even though everyone knew his Mother was supposed to be the one who did it.

Damien is offline Watching
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They did a good job making you think Lex did it, even though everyone knew his Mother was supposed to be the one who did it.
    It worked great with folk like me who didn't know that until last night. I just figured "Oops, Lex accidently somehow killed Julian" whenever they alluded to it sometime back.
    Anyway, that plotline aside, the rest of the episode was really cool. I had to laugh at Clark when he went to Lionel, because it was easy to spot Lionel's betrayal comin' down the line.
    So, two more left in the season. I hope they're as good as these past two. Until now, I've only been watching this season because I have to.

P.S. The best part was Clark's flashback.

BlackoutCreature is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Between this episode and the last one, all i can say is this - Clark's life would be so much easier if he would just freakin' tell Lex and Chloe about his powers. I mean, Chloe is arguably his best friend and he should be able to trust her. And while its obvious Lex will eventually turn on Clark, its also just as obvious that Lex will only do it because he thinks Clark has betrayed him also in some way. By telling him of his powers hed probably be able to avoid all these pain, blues and agony. It seems by him keeping his secrets he's just creating more problems then he's trying to prevent.

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackoutCreature
    Between this episode and the last one, all i can say is this - Clark's life would be so much easier if he would just freakin' tell Lex and Chloe about his powers. I mean, Chloe is arguably his best friend and he should be able to trust her. And while its obvious Lex will eventually turn on Clark, its also just as obvious that Lex will only do it because he thinks Clark has betrayed him also in some way. By telling him of his powers hed probably be able to avoid all these pain, blues and agony. It seems by him keeping his secrets he's just creating more problems then he's trying to prevent.
    Exactly. Clark is helping create Future-Luthor.

Surprisingly good episode. John Glover was leaving bite marks on the furniture. His snarling of "WHAT DID YOU DO?" gave me chills. His realization that Lex was innocent was mindblowing. It seemed like such a punch in the gut to him. Took all the wind out of his sails.

Anyone else find Lil' Lex creepy? Frankly I'm not surprised Lionel came to the conclusion he did with Lex's bizarre behavior. I know he had a good reason for being freaky but that was a nicely played misdirect on the audience.

Clark's flashback to being put in the rocket was cool. The ending scene between him and Martha was very touching. Good stuff.

Al Gough and Miles Millar need to write more episodes. Bonus points for not having the episode end with Clark/Lana turmoil. Half point docked because we saw Lionel's betrayel coming a mile away and so should've Clark. ****1/2.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

Buddy Lee is offline Hollywood pitchman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was a pretty good episode. It had a storyline that made sense and avoided the usual Clark-Lana pitfalls. I'm curious to see how this whole Jor-El storyline works out in the coming weeks. As a serious Superman fan, I have been pretty leery the whole time about the way in which Jor-El has been portrayed. He seems too manipulative and demanding, and not the benevolent father figure he has been portrayed in classic comics and movies.
    "Can't Bust 'Em" Lee Dungarees

Bart: Why do we need Church shoes? Jesus wore sandals
    Homer: Maybe if he had better arch support, they wouldn't have caught him

Icer is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien
    So, two more left in the season.
    Actually it's three episodes left.

Mysteryinfoman is offline Sada Pop
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was a great episode, the acting was amazing. Glover did a great job with Lionel when he saw Lex next to the crib, and at the end when lionel found out that he has been mistaken all these years, amazing. Child lex past was sort of sad as well, and of course the whole part about Clark's past was cool. can't wait for the next 3 episodes.
    R.I.P. Big Pun

Weibart is offline Intercept Now!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ugh, What a great episode. This was Miles Millar's directorial debut, and not a bad one. Funny though, I never notice too many camera flubs with this show, but the camera seemed a bit jittery in the first few scenes with Clark. I'd hardly blame Millar for that, but it's interesting to see something like that, the camera setups are usually flawless.

Great story through out, but the flashbacks and the ending scenes in particular really got me. I was really into the drama of it all, and they pulled it off so well, that I didn't even scowl at the Evanescense music at the end. I usually wince when they sneak songs in, but even that song fit well.

The moment at the end between Lionel and Lex was some of the most powerful stuff I've seen from this show: the acting, music, lighting, camera angles, all of it, packed a punch. What Lex did for his mother, becoming the scape-goat for his mother's crime, ugh, and Lionel's reaction to it, it was all wonderful. This explained a lot for me, and I'm particularly impressed with Lionel and Lex's relationship now.

Episodes like these prove to me that Millar and Gough truely do know what they're doing, and are earning more and more respect from me with each hard hitting episode like this one. They're weaving quite an interesting season here, and I'm almost sad to see it come to the finale. I'm hooked on this show...

Patrick Weibel | Writer/Artist of Intercept Now!

My Website: Weibblog |
    Follow Me on Twitter - YouTube - DeviantArt - Tumblr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast