toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Captain Highwind is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's the difference between Manga Studio EX and Debut

Like This Thread!

More specifically, will Debut let me do these things:

1) Import sketch work

2) Auto-correct wobbly lines while inking (this is a big one)

3) Export finished ink work into other programs for coloring (ex. Photoshop)

I just don't feel like paying $300 for EX right now, and that's all I have to go on for a free trial so it's hard to make a decision without knowing what the other program's like. If Debut does at least those three things specified above, I'll take it.
    2010 Completed Game List
    Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth; God of War III; Final Fantasy XIII; Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots; Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney; Grandia; Castlevania: Symphony of the Night; Power Stone; Power Stone 2; Dino Crisis

Bic
    Bic is offline Acid-filled Twinkies!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From experience, I'll tackle your queries:

1) Import sketch work
    Yes you can import a sketch easily. I done it many times (all my entries for the Spider-Man jam were done this way).
    2) Auto-correct wobbly lines while inking (this is a big one)
    Yes. Most tools have a 'correction' setting that you can tweak by giving it a numerical value.
    Here is what I use most of the time:

3) Export finished ink work into other programs for coloring (ex. Photoshop)
    Again yes. You can export to Photoshop easily and keep the layer information intact. Note the program states up to five layers, but I've been able to do ten with no problem. However, if your artwork goes out of the predefined work area (the blue box) make sure you check the option for full page export. Discovered that the hard way on my villain jam entry of Malificent.

Hope that helps.
    "The Enrichment Center is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake." - GLaDOS