"Kim Possible" Episode 4 Talkback (Spoilers)
Apparently Disney is airing episodes out of order, because this is the episode that introduces Dr. Draken and ShEgo, whereas the first episode Disney aired assumed that they had already met.
This episode really exceeded my expectations because I was expecting it to be some sort of girl-power zit thing. Once again, do not believe in the Disney ads. They highlighted one specific scene which was incredibly short.
This show could become the next Powerpuff Girls. It has the same elements.. the misleading syrupy sweet factor which turns out to really be just a solid action show with excellent pacing, superb acting, disturbed villains, and plenty of comedic moments.
Plot A: Dr. Draken steals a robotic tick from an insect lover in the Amazon, and engineers it to explode at command. ShEgo, his female sidekick of sorts, generally not cares and just sort of hangs around. ShEgo is like Gaz from Invader Zim, only.. with KUNG FU ACTION. A particularly Zim-like moment was when ShEgo interrupts Draken saying "What you say?" and the music cuts out. Reminds me of how GIR would interrupt Zim in Bad Bad Rubber Piggy. "It's my att-" "WHAT IS IT!" "It's my att-" "WHAT IS IT!"
Plot B: Kim gets detention.. multiple times throughout the episode, the teacher of which is one Mr. Borkin (voiced by Pat Warburton). Patrick steals the spotlight in almost every scene he's in. Every line he reads could be the crappiest line ever and still sound hilarious. Kim also seems to make friends with her detention-mates, Big Mike (voiced by the guy who does Infraggable Krunk from Dexter's Lab) and.. some other guy (voiced by Deidrich Baker, from The Drew Carey Show).
- Dr. Draken really does remind me of some sort of evil attention-craving Freakazoid. He's random and looney and wants to be in charge of everything. The scene where he thinks he's a famous villain and the scene where he's trying to control the ray were particularly memorable.
- Hey, I already mentioned it. I'll mention it as much as I have to. Patrick Warburton. The man. Yep.
- The clock gag in detention was great. Looks like a little of Dave Mandel rubbed off on Chris Bailey while he was on Clerks: TAS.
- Ron, though taking a backseat in the story, got some particularly funny lines, and...
- A Clerks: The Animated Series reference! Specifically, a reference to episode 5, the baseball episode where Jay is riding away on his motor scooter.
- The zit thing was almost inexistent. It was actually only mentioned once. In one line. One sentence. ONCE. That's right, you can have a show with a teenage girl and not submit to the cliches and teenage situations that every other cartoon about teenage girls has.
- Not necessarily a con, but the detention-mates had a couple of lines which weren't really funny.
- I hope in season 2 that they don't give Rufus so much time to laugh. It's one thing to laugh for a second, but there's a scene where he's laughing for about 7 or 8 seconds.. and it's basically dead air. These are things that can be tightened, though.
Re: Talkback: Kimpossible, episode 4(1?)
No, he's voiced by Brad Garret (Big Dog on Two Stupid Dogs).
Originally posted by Matt Wilson
Big Mike (voiced by the guy who does Infraggable Krunk from Dexter's Lab)
It's nice to know Brad is still voice acting, despite his "success" as a live-action actor on Everybody Loves Raymond (ugh).
And is that John DiMaggio voicing Drakken?
yeah disney isnt showing them in there production order...
2nd it was an intresting episode.... of how they introduced the 2 villians...
Sheego was better in the last episode they played.
"who wants to build a robit tick? I do! I Do!"
haha i liked that