Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What Could Have Happened for "Shnookums and Meat"...

Like This Thread!
    All righty. Now, I know that "Shnookums and Meat" was (and is) a copy of "Ren and Stimpy", but what if the show had improved... and had more seasons, too? Judging by its only line of merchandising (which is their own pasta), I think it could have had its own line of toys, clothes, food items, T-Shirts, books, videos, and more!

First thing's first, though, here's my first improvement idea. Let's have all the characters develop their personalities, such as Doris Deer for example: although she was a damsel-in-distress, she did have her personality discovered in "Haunt of the Night of Blacker Darkness" which was being mean to poor Peter Possum at the end when she broke up with him... not that I don't love her or anything, but I am disappointed in what she did, however. :/ Anyway, Shnookums, Meat, and Pith Possum could have had their personalities develop, too! Pith may be a klutz, but he can also be heroic, too.

The second thing we need to go over is the storyline for each segment. From what Juan F. Lara said, none of the plot lines made sense. It doesn't matter, anyway, since logic would have been called for. In "Pain in the Brain", at the part where the piano crashes on Shnookums and Meat, we could have seen their brains fly across the hall and into the basement, as well as taking a look at the insides of their heads. For "Return of the Night of Blacker Darkness", we need to have a reason why Ralph Bear and Al Dog framed Pith Possum and Obediah. For example, Ralph and Al want to be number one criminals, and Doris Deer would show her desirable side for Pith.

The third thing is guest stars for some of the "Pith Possum" segments, like Cloris Leachman voicing Shirley Pimple and Ernest Borgnine voicing Super Water Buffalo. If the show did get renewed for a second season, then it would have been awesome to see such new characters voiced by celebrities and even Disney characters, such as the characters from recent DA shows, like "Aladdin" and "Gargoyles" for example.

As far as "Ren and Stimpy" goes, get rid of anything that resembles to it. Sure, those two pets may be clones of the original duo, but they also parodied "Tom and Jerry" (take "I.Q., You, Too!" for example).

Relationships are crucial between the hero and his girlfriend. You see, Peter Possum (when he's not in his secret identity) has a crush on Doris Deer. He even took her out on a date at the Gilded Turnip in "Haunt of the Night of Blacker Darkness". And possibly, just possibly, in a new "Pith Possum" segment, like "Black Shadows of the Darker Darkness", Pith Possum would find himself in a death battle against Super Water Buffalo, with Doris in a cage. Just as Pith is about to lose, Super Water Buffalo asks him for any last words from him, and Pith Possum would muster up the courage to tell her the truth, and there would be a cliffhanger (like the "Tex Tinstar" segments).

Just like "Garfield and Friends", there would have been a few episodes in which they would have interacted with each other, such as the Wrong Riders and the "Pith Possum" villains forming an alliance, and Shnookums and Meat swooning over Doris Deer.

Case in point, "The Shnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show" would have been a hit with Disney fans, variety show fans, and animation buffs alike. Unfortunately, Eisner and his staff members had to cancel the show, just because they thought it was pointless (much to my sadness and anger). Besides, with this theory about up and ready to run, what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Andrew Steiner; 08-02-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think it would be better if it wasn't such a blatant copy of Ren & Stimpy. If it tried to be more original instead of just having the gross out humor without the charm it would have been 10 times better.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, you have a good thought! Yes, I would have put it in there, but I guess I didn't have time...