Quantcast
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    This time, I'm going to review the episodes "Uncle Humidor" and "Doing the 7D Dance". Let's start.

"Uncle Humidor" Review

Writer: Paul Rugg

Date: November 2, 2014

Synopsis: "When Queen Delightful's zany Uncle Humidor visits and takes the 7D along on his quest to find the rarest bird in all of Jollywood, the bird mistakes Grumpy for one of its chicks and refuses to let him go."

Well this is certainly an episode to talk about. The main thing I like about this episode is Uncle Humidor himself. He's a pretty jolly soul with a sense of adventure. He even has an awesome theme song sung by the 7D at the beginning of the episode. Michael McKean does a good job with the character. There's a lot of funny gags, like with the bird watching or the ways everyone tried to convince the birds to let go of Grumpy. It definitely feels like an adventure. The plan the 7D came up with was pretty smart and shows how awesome Uncle Humidor is. I should mention the design of the birds is pretty cool. The ending confirmed this as a good episode.

"Doing the 7D Dance" Review

Writers: George McGrath & Deanna Oliver

Date: January 21, 2015

Synopsis: "The 7D invent a new dance craze that sweeps Jollywood and the entire Enchanted Forest."

This episode is really bizarre. It's what would happen if you mixed the SpongeBob episodes "Missing Identity" and "Earworm", and added a dash of the Powerpuff Girls episode "Meet the Beat-Alls". Let me explain. Like "Missing Identity", the episode is mostly told through a flashback. The 7D, Queen Delightful, and Lord Starchbottom were captured by the Glooms and strapped to a rocket. How were they captured? Well, they'll tell you since they literally talk to the audience. It's about the 7D going through the many phases of fame, without turning into jerks like they do in other episodes with characters getting famous. How was the dance formed? Let's see. Grumpy accidentally got ice in his pants, and he tries to get it out, in an inadvertently silly manner. Everyone likes it so much that it's the new dance craze in Jollywood. The dance is so fun that I can't help but dance to it. The song Happy sings is just so silly that it becomes funny. It's so fun to listen to I can't get it out of my head. There are some nice little references , like the Beatles-esque sequence and the the cheese commercial done in a "Most Interesting Man in the World" style. The Glooms, actually Hildy since Grim likes it, are tired of the dance and pretend to be tour guides when they're actually trying to get rid of them, along with the queen. Of course, they are defeated and things end on a happy dancing note. It's a good episode.

Cartoon Ruler is offline Hamboning!
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Looks like Disney Junior is removing The 7D starting April 1st. It was already removed from prime time, now only airing at 3 a.m. Once it's completely removed from Disney Junior, it'll be exclusive to Disney XD again.

Perhaps low ratings might have something to do with this?

For more recent news and updates about the new Boomerang, check out this blog!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What do you think "The Rock Of Sages" episode will be like? I mean, it will most likely involve a big epic quest, but does anyone think it might go for a message, like about teamwork and friendship, or something like that?

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetShop209 View Post
    What do you think "The Rock Of Sages" episode will be like? I mean, it will most likely involve a big epic quest, but does anyone think it might go for a message, like about teamwork and friendship, or something like that?
    I heard it was about the titular rock being split into seven pieces and each dwarf needs to find a chunk. There is also a flashback scene of the dwarves meeting each other.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I wonder how old Bashful and Queen Delightful are? He has shown to have a crush on her, and she sometimes returns his affections. If they ever got together, emphasis on "if", it shouldn't be full of odd implications. Oddly enough, Bashful and Queen Delightful's voice actors, Billy West and Leigh Allyn Baker, were born roughly 20 years, with Billy West being born on 4/16/1952 and Leigh Allyn Baker being born on 3/13/1972.

ILDC is offline Don't Mind Me
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    They both appear to be "child-like pseudo-adults", meaning exact ages likely won't ever be given.

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetShop209 View Post
    I wonder how old Bashful and Queen Delightful are? He has shown to have a crush on her, and she sometimes returns his affections. If they ever got together, emphasis on "if", it shouldn't be full of odd implications. Oddly enough, Bashful and Queen Delightful's voice actors, Billy West and Leigh Allyn Baker, were born roughly 20 years, with Billy West being born on 4/16/1952 and Leigh Allyn Baker being born on 3/13/1972.
    I remember on Shea Fontana's blog she said that Queen Delightful was older than Hildy (who is in her mid-20's). So 30-ish I guess. I always imagined Bashful to be a teen for some reason.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
    I remember on Shea Fontana's blog she said that Queen Delightful was older than Hildy (who is in her mid-20's). So 30-ish I guess. I always imagined Bashful to be a teen for some reason.
    That's good to know. It does seem that way since, in cartoons anyway, people in positions of power are usually older than the people that try to overthrow them, from what I heard anyway.

As for Bashful, The 7D wiki says he sounds like a child despite being an adult. That's ironic since his voice actor Billy West is the oldest amongst the dwarves' voice actors while Sneezy's voice actor, Scott Menville, is the youngest amongst the dwarves' voice actors. I read an article online saying Billy West initially had a hard time to getting a handle on Bashful since he's voiced more extroverted characters like Elmer Fudd (and sometimes Bugs Bunny) on Looney Tunes, Sam from Jimmy Neutron, and his many roles on Futurama, amongst others.

Disney Hopes That <i>7D</i> 's Stellar Voice Cast Will Make Animation Fans Happy, Not Grumpy | Jim Hill

Bashful - The 7D Wiki, the free The 7D encyclopedia

Billy West - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let me get back on topic. I wonder if Bashful would ever be used in a bottle episode, or an episode where he plays off largely another character, like Grumpy and Grim in "Finders Keepers". If he was paired up with someone like Sleepy, and they had to get out of something like a cheese cellar, that could be interesting.

Edit: I forgot something else. At the end of "The Very Important Thingy", they showed a scene with gender swapped versions of the dwarves and the queen. I know it was a joke (an admittedly funny joke), but I wonder what would happen if they ever physically met. Maybe it could be a ''trading places'' type of plot.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678