Quantcast
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Countrymen,

Glad to see this getting a second season. I wasn't that big on the first episode but I enjoyed the the rest they've shown so far.

Does anyone know how many episodes were ordered for season one?
    "You see, the war, the true war, has never been one waged by tanks, or warships, or soldiers. They are but crude matter, obstacles against which we test ourselves. The true war is waged in the hearts of all living things, against our own natures, light or dark. That is what shapes and binds this universe, not these creations of man. You are the battle ground."

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So this week's episode was both a gender-bender and a Disney princess musical
    Have to say that the songs weren't anything special, but I've heard worse
    Also, gender-bent Penn and Boon looked awesome, and Rippen makes a good Maleficient
    This was also the first time we saw the three protagonists get into a serious argument, which would feel out of character, but the fact that they were literally incapable of hiding their true feeling in this universe did make it believable.

As for the second segment, it was both kinda predictable but also interesting
    Larry almost winning was to be expected from an episode premise like this, what was creative however was that Larry was genuinely incompetent, and the protagonists were the ones who kept helping him, until it was almost too late to stop him
    Also the bit at the end, was it Larry showing his true colors, or was it the universe warping his personality to better fit his role?

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Princess Most Fair: The only problem is that they sang too much, TBH. If this was meant to be an effective slam on past Disney movies in general and how grating too many of their songs usually are, then whomever wrote this nailed my thoughts exactly on such nonsense... I also love how this show actually had the balls to switch all of the male characters' genders for the whole conflict and NOT stupidly make some insulting/condescending joke about, but rather just having them go with it. THAT alone made everything on display worth it, IMHO!

Hail Larry: Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling this one too much - Larry is clearly an idiot, so I could actually sympathize with Rippen (despite it being HIS fault they didn't actually win this time!). For someone making actual effort to be a good villain, it would be pretty sad if Rippen was ever outdone by an idiot like Larry, under any circumstances. And it's not like Larry would have won on his own - Penn and co. were just being way too nice, knowing the clearly obvious.Then again, I'm not a fan of the whole "actual villain gets incapacitated, so henchperson is forced to take their place, but isn't truly capable" plot, so that's part of why I didn't like this one as much as I did the first segment, in comparison.

Despite all that, I'm still looking forward to this coming back from hiatus than I am Star Vs., despite all the truly nice things I can still say about that show in comparison to this one...
    It's just a shame it's even happening in the first place.
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png
    BEWARE PANDERING, As it only leads to conformity, non-creativity, & fascism.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    I also love how this show actually had the balls to switch all of the male characters' genders for the whole conflict and NOT stupidly make some insulting/condescending joke about, but rather just having them go with it. THAT alone made everything on display worth it, IMHO!
    They were turned into weirder stuff before

Gatordragon is offline Lucha lucha luchador!
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    These episodes were pretty deece. There's going to be a lot of fan art of the gender-bender episode, I just know it.

Juan Aguacate from Guacamelee!

Juan was a simple agave farmer when the evil Carlos Calaca showed up and kidnapped his old friend, El Presidente's Daughter, to sacrifice her in a ritual. After stumbling upon a legendary luchador mask, Juan musters the courage and strength to be a hero and put a stop to Calaca's evil plan.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    ^ fanart of this show is pretty rare

but if it was more popular, I could definitely see this being a favorite

ILDC is offline Don't Mind Me
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Right now, Gravity Falls appears to be the only Disney XD TVA show not "under the radar". Even Phineas and Ferb isn't being pushed as much as it used to.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Count me in as someone who would love to see more actual (and I mean, good, respectful, and well thought out and articulated/crafted) fan-art for this show. If Star Vs. can get it, this deserves it, too, just out of respect...
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png
    BEWARE PANDERING, As it only leads to conformity, non-creativity, & fascism.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    ^ At this point I'd be glad if the show got at least acknowledged
    Even Randy Cunningham is more well known

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213