Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Unless this is The Muppets (2011) (whose sequel due out sometime this year will hopefully be as good/heartwarming, if not better... Here's (cautiously) hoping so...) where lightning was caught in a bottle like there - nope. I'd rather revisit the cartoon this is based off of - or better yet, get said show on DVD, just to support it properly.

I just see this angering more people than pleasing in the end, like most movies of its ilk that think they get their audience, and ultimately just don't, ending up being for no one, besides said character not only NEVER translating well to CGI, but lacking the charm and wit they had as hand - drawn beings (besides further providing weaponry in the ongoing and ever - growing fight AGAINST CGI, sad but true as it sounds.)!
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm getting Alvin and the Chipmunks vibes. This has terrible written all over it

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This sounds like a horrible idea. I can't help but to feel that this is just a cash in to Alvin & the Chipmunks and The Smurfs. I hope this idea gets shelved permanently.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As it's one of my favorite cartoons growing up & is still a show I like to pop into my DVD time to time, I don't know what to think of this, but I'm not really optimistic. I'd have no problems with it being CGI alone, but a live-action hybrid does NOT get me excited. I'd much rather they go the route of a straight to home release movie, either CGI or full 2D animation.
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

Lemanic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I really hope they do a remix of the theme tune in this. Either Owl City or Bastille would rock that tune.

Ulrik Raben is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally Posted by Baltofan

I would love a Rescue Rangers movie too!

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
    This sounds like a horrible idea. I can't help but to feel that this is just a cash in to Alvin & the Chipmunks and The Smurfs. I hope this idea gets shelved permanently.
    Funny thing, The Smurfs movie franchise is going to be rebooted; the new film will be all-animated (albeit CGI) with no live-action and will take place entirely in the Smurf universe. No crossing over into the real world and meeting up with live-action celebrities. So even Smurfs doesn't want to be The Smurfs anymore. Maybe Disney will take a hint and hit the Redo button before this thing spreads.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If the C&D Rescue Rangers movie is a hit, could Disney revive the Gummi Bears for a movie next?

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemanic View Post
    I really hope they do a remix of the theme tune in this. Either Owl City or Bastille would rock that tune.
    Yeah, say what you want about The Smurfs movies, but "Live It Up" by Owl City was a great song. They do lots of good songs for kids movies, such as "When Can I See You Again?" from Wreck-It Ralph, "Take to the Sky" from Guardians of Ga'Hoole, and "Shine Your Way" from The Croods. I've had all of them on repeat since their respective movies came out (despite not actually having seen The Croods yet) and I wish the former had an official music video.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    Funny thing, The Smurfs movie franchise is going to be rebooted; the new film will be all-animated (albeit CGI) with no live-action and will take place entirely in the Smurf universe. No crossing over into the real world and meeting up with live-action celebrities. So even Smurfs doesn't want to be The Smurfs anymore. Maybe Disney will take a hint and hit the Redo button before this thing spreads.
    Interesting. Heard the second one underperformed, even overseas (which is why they put 2 and 3 on so early - it made over half a billion dollars overseas and stayed as #1 longer than the final Harry Potter movie did). I did hear about an all-animated special on the movie's DVD - wonder if it received better than the movie.

I also know that a Paddington Bear movie is coming this holiday season. If that doesn't get the Chipmunks/Smurfs treatment, then there may just be hope.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2