Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Calling this early: no Tress MacNeille. Instead Gadget will be played by a pop star who becomes popular between now and the time this movie comes out.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: At long last, site updates are resuming! And We Bought A Retrode!

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A live-action/CGI hybrid of the Rescue Rangers? That sounds, at worst, absolutely horrid.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been thinking about this since hearing the news today and I'm warming up to the idea a little bit. I know they're going to over-emphasize the humans but the Rescue Rangers did help humans sometimes maybe the story wont be so bad.

If they do not cast Tress MacNeille, Corey Burton and Jim Cummings in their iconic roles they will be giving up any hope of good will for this film. They had better at least be in the cast in some capacity. I'd be willing to accept say Kristen Bell as Gadget she was Veronica Mars after all. Since Chip and Dale will be modified anyway no reason to get screen celebrities to voice them like in the Chipmunks movie but they probably will do it anyway. If Fat Cat is in this film and he's not voiced by Jim Cummings, there will be hell to pay and he should have Monte too unless by chance Peter Cullen would be up for it.

Hopefully this leads to the Disney Afternoon shows seeing the light of day in film and other media and finishing the DVD releases. How about some Darkwing Duck in Disney Infinity and/or Kingdom Hearts? I'm begging for it at this point.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think this might work. Unlike the Smurfs and the Chipmunks, Chip'n Dale was an adventure series, so there's no need to 'modernize it' for the kids. No pop music, no awkward introductions to modern technology, no average joe human characters to supervise them and luckily, unlike the 'Munks, Chip'n'Dale were drawn to scale, so the realistic CGI remakes will make their realistic proportions less daunting. To be honest, a Chip'n'Dale remake should've been done awhile ago, because most old Skool remakes nowadays are from cartoons about childlike animals getting into mischief. This show actually has them DOING things and getting into peril by their OWN choices because they're rescue rangers. There's a multitude of stories that you could tell with an adventure series reboot than with the slice-of-life ones.
    I'm a Writer, first. THEN I'm an artist.

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There will most likely still be humans, as much the humor in Chip 'N' Dale's Rescue Rangers was the main characters' small scale in comparison to our world. Also, one of the Rangers' recurring nemeses was Professor Nimnul (a human). Also, since the movie will be a live action/CGI hybrid, this most likely will mean that the main characters will be voiced by celebrities and not by professional voice actors. They'll probably cast Justin Long as Chip, Kevin Hart as Dale, Selena Gomez as Gadget, Hugh Jackman as Monterey Jack and Michael Winslow as Zipper.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

ShadowGUN is offline Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am both excited and frighten by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    The Rescue Rangers were a product of their time. They don't really fit in with today's post-millennial world.

Chip 'n Dale would be fine on their own, maybe including Donald as an antagonist. The other rangers... Eh...
    So what wrong with Monty and Gadget?
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aren't we 2 months early for April Fools? Seriously who thought of this being a good idea had took too much on the old puff the magic dragon.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

John Pannozzi is offline 30 Years of Turtle Power
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just started a Facbook group dedicated to making sure this movie is good, and even included a link to a form on another site where you can contact the President of Walt Disney Studios among other people. If enough people write in and say they want Tad Stones and Alan Zaslove to be consultants and Tress, Corey and Jim to reprise their roles from the original series, maybe Disney will get the message.

Getouttamylab! is offline You don't want to make me mad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not sure if I want.

I know it's Disney, but I'm still nervous that they'll pull an Alvin&TC on us and make a movie that's 50% toilet humor, 40% pointless pop culture references, 9% casting fails, and 1% what made said advertised characters enjoyable. I'm semi-confident Disney wouldn't resort to that, but I still have my worries.
    This sentence is not to be read under any circumstances.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wish they would all just live my childhood memories alone. Soon they will be any thing left untainted of cartoons from my childhood.
    Last edited by zoombie; 02-03-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast