Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
    Decent ideas. I'd also want DuckTales to stay truer to the Carl Barks comics, and possibly keep Flintheart Glomgold's original nationality as a South African intact.
    What do you mean my ideas are "decent"? I was giving those three shows a chance!

John Pannozzi is offline Just call me "J-Ko"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Steiner View Post
    What do you mean my ideas are "decent"? I was giving those three shows a chance!
    I didn't mean to be demeaning. Sorry if you thought I was. I like your ideas, that's what I meant to say.

dumbfoolkid5 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post

Then nothing would be the same.

Tali Spin was meant to be a homage to those adventure movie serials of the 1940s, a la Frank Buck, but with Jungle Book characters. Switching the setting to the future and making it all cyberpunk/Doctor Who would completely take the viewer out of that genre. I get that you really want Disney to make a mech anime cartoon, but I think it would be better if they launched an all-new series with original characters for that as opposed to transforming an existing Disney franchise which has nothing to do with that into Evangelion.

Myself, I'd only like to see 3 things happen:

1. I'd like to see TDC start airing their classic shorts again. I know currently it's the teencoms that are scoring the highest ratings on the channel, but it makes no sense that you can't see classic Disney cartoons on The DISNEY Channel. Launch a half-hour version of Have a Laugh! or something similar.

2. Launch a programming block similar The Disney Afternoon, only for cable. That way, the first-run animated shows would have a designated place to air instead of being randomly scattered all across the schedule at various times.

3. If we must have an aeon flux of teen sitcoms, can we get at least one in which the principle setting isn't high school? As Cartoon Ruler mentioned, some of their shows, like Lab Rats, had the potential to be interesting, but the producers opted to go the predictable route of making both of them yet more shows about kids surviving high school. And maybe they could produce at least one show produced on film with no laugh track as opposed to the same generic sets and canned laughter; that's part of why so many Disney Channel shows look like endless carbon copies of one another.
    And what's wrong with putting Disney characters in a futuristic setting? I see the points you made but why the Disney afternoon? Just let them rest and by the way, who's Frank Buck?

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbfoolkid5 View Post
    And what's wrong with putting Disney characters in a futuristic setting?
    Nothing at all, provided the characters in question would legitimately work in that setting and aren't just being randomly shoehorned into it for fandom's sake alone. No offense, but based on this and what I've read in your previous posts, your m.o. always seems to be taking characters and shows which clearly aren't made for a futuristic setting and trying to turn them all cyberpunk, which just ends up sounding like clumsy fan fiction. I just think it would be better to create your own original characters for this setting and make your own show instead of trying to remake existing cartoon into Voltron. Besides, every cartoon can't have a futuristic setting; if all cartoons were the same then they'd be boring because there'd be no variety.

I see the points you made but why the Disney afternoon? Just let them rest
    You might want to re-read my post. I didn't say bring back the Disney Afternoon, I said launch a block similar to the Disney Afternoon for Disney Channel, by that I mean place their existing cartoons such as Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, Phineas and Ferb, Fish Hooks, et al in a rotating block on a regular schedule along with premiere cartoons and when a new toon makes it debut, it would go onto the block pushing the others back and the schedule would be rearranged accordingly. I meant use the DA format and structure, not resurrect the block itself or any of the old shows.

and by the way, who's Frank Buck?
    The internet is your friend. Don't be afraid to use it.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 02-16-2014 at 10:01 AM.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

dumbfoolkid5 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My aplologies. And I do mean not every show, just one show like House of Mouse but with more sci fi elements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I noticed a recent trend in the Disney Channel lately and even though i must say i enjoy some of the new tv show lineups a lot of the potential of new shows on Disney are overrated. From the early 90s to early 2000's Disney Channel had a lot of animations like gargoyles, kim possible, aladdin, hercules and other tv shows that children could look up to as well as characters that seemed " very cool and edgy." Now a days on the Disney channel you get shows much like soap operas with real people and current issues with family or friends that yes, are realistic but don't expand on kids creativity. I personally would like the Disney channel to stick back to their roots and start promoting new cartoons that have a purpose but also expand on imagination. Some of the disney channel cartoons are just horribly written and boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Pannozzi View Post
    I didn't mean to be demeaning. Sorry if you thought I was. I like your ideas, that's what I meant to say.
    Oh, that's okay, and thank you very much!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2