Follow Us:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Ed Liu is online now Come to our macaroni party
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    I'm afraid that's no excuse for things getting old, really fast, IMHO - nor should it be at all!
    Why not? Running gags have a long, honorable history of screen humor, and I don't see Phineas and Ferb being any different in that regard. I can understand if people don't think the gag is funny (or that it's not funny any more, which is not the same thing), but it seems like a lot of the complaints about Phineas and Ferb is simply that they are doing infinite variations on the same two gags ("Ferb, I know what we're going to do today!" and "Curse you, Perry the Platypus!"). Not sure which you're complaining about, but then again I haven't been keeping up with the show since they started being so miserly with new episodes.

Then again, I expect many of the same complaints would be emerging about doing "the same thing we do every night, Pinky" if the Internet were more widespread at the time.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ed liu View Post

then again, i expect many of the same complaints would be emerging about doing "the same thing we do every night, pinky" if the internet were more widespread at the time.
    amen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    Why not? Running gags have a long, honorable history of screen humor, and I don't see Phineas and Ferb being any different in that regard. I can understand if people don't think the gag is funny (or that it's not funny any more, which is not the same thing), but it seems like a lot of the complaints about Phineas and Ferb is simply that they are doing infinite variations on the same two gags ("Ferb, I know what we're going to do today!" and "Curse you, Perry the Platypus!"). Not sure which you're complaining about, but then again I haven't been keeping up with the show since they started being so miserly with new episodes.
    The complaints about Phineas and Ferb being repetitive started mostly about a year ago (Some people complained about it before then, but not as much as they've been doing for the past year or so). Before then, it was a very popular cartoon and considered the "only good modern cartoon" prior to Adventure Time, Regular Show, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic.etc.

Phineas and Ferb's popularity mainly came from the fact that it was the most bearable cartoon on at the time and it had the nostalgia factor to it. It felt like the type of cartoon that you would get in the 90s. I also think with the other shows coming along, I think it killed the novelty of Phineas and Ferb.

I think the popularity of Gravity Falls has put a huge damper on the popularity of Phineas and Ferb and thus, not only declining in popularity and ratings but evidentally showing that Phineas and Ferb is unfortunately not the big hit that Disney Channel wanted it to be. It's enough for the theatrical movie to be cancelled.

I'm in the camp of people that love both Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls despite their fandom rivalry. If Phineas and Ferb does end, I think it would be really beneficial for the show so that people can look on it years on and regard the show as a classic.

Admittedly, Phineas and Ferb did suffer from alot of hate in the last 2 years (Close to Johnny Test level of hate, but thankfully not as bad). Around early this year and in the summer, virtually every site and review was criticising the show when bringing it up. The hate has calmed down as of now but I don't think the show's future is looking too good. I would rather the show die peacefully if it is ending than to continue or be revived at the last minute and get really stale (like a certain yellow sponge).
    Last edited by CartoonFreak95; 01-08-2014 at 09:58 AM.

09MurphyM is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why are we even worrying about the show ending when there are many exciting things to look forward to like Act Your Age and the Star Wars crossover?

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 09MurphyM View Post
    Why are we even worrying about the show ending when there are many exciting things to look forward to like Act Your Age and the Star Wars crossover?
    Yeah at least Phineas & Ferb got plenty of seasons and we won't have to worry about it going downhill like Spongebob and The Fairly OddParents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterstar View Post
    Good riddance. It's obvious with all these crossovers and sequel episodes they just want to be done with the show, which really as of late has felt repetitive and not as fun as the first few seasons. Couldn't even stand to watch Mission Marvel.
    Actually, the show has had different writing teams. The first season had alot of writers from the first 3 SpongeBob seasons (Which is probably why many fans consider the first season to be the best). However, by the time the second season had come out, Adventure Time was in production and they left Phineas and Ferb to work on it. The second season had a few new writers but some old within the mix but the third season had for the most part, entirely new people. Like I said, I don't feel the show has declined too badly and still pulls out great episodes and hasn't declined enough for me to not like the new episodes and feels merely consistent to me (More so than SpongeBob anyway).

Even with the show not being as good as it used to be (But still fairly good), it still deserves it's legacy for being the first cartoon in a while to actually virtually (emphasis on virtually) gain SpongeBob levels of success, the first cartoon in a while to get the adults attention as well as kids and the first modern cartoon that is actually good.

However as a long-time fan of the show, I wouldn't mind seeing it end. It is really sad that the show never shared SpongeBob or Rugrats level success (Around the time of this show's peak, I was really satisfied with the success of Phineas and Ferb and thought it was going to have that level of success) like Disney Channel wanted it to, but I think it should end before it becomes SpongeBob.

RandomMe is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CartoonFreak95 View Post
    Actually, the show has had different writing teams. The first season had alot of writers from the first 3 SpongeBob seasons (Which is probably why many fans consider the first season to be the best). However, by the time the second season had come out, Adventure Time was in production and they left Phineas and Ferb to work on it. The second season had a few new writers but some old within the mix but the third season had for the most part, entirely new people. Like I said, I don't feel the show has declined too badly and still pulls out great episodes and hasn't declined enough for me to not like the new episodes and feels merely consistent to me (More so than SpongeBob anyway).

Even with the show not being as good as it used to be (But still fairly good), it still deserves it's legacy for being the first cartoon in a while to actually virtually (emphasis on virtually) gain SpongeBob levels of success, the first cartoon in a while to get the adults attention as well as kids and the first modern cartoon that is actually good.

However as a long-time fan of the show, I wouldn't mind seeing it end. It is really sad that the show never shared SpongeBob or Rugrats level success (Around the time of this show's peak, I was really satisfied with the success of Phineas and Ferb and thought it was going to have that level of success) like Disney Channel wanted it to, but I think it should end before it becomes SpongeBob.
    1: Season 1 set the standard for the show and had what I call the "classic episodes" and the "classic songs".
    2: I agree. The show needs to end because the episodes are starting to decrease their quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For me, Seasons 1 and 2 (And the first half of Season 3) were the golden age of the show. It had consistently great episodes (With Candace Gets Busted being the only one I hated) and it truly was the best cartoon on TV at the time.

Even now, the show hasn't properly declined yet but it's just not as good as it once was due to a different writing team. It's also worth noting that one of the reasons the show was popular has sadly worn off. One of the reasons is that it harkened back to cartoons of the 90s and it was the first creative cartoon in so long (But it didn't really catch on as much, until 2009-2011). When Regular Show, Adventure Time, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic and especially Gravity Falls came along, Phineas and Ferb's novelty wore off because it wasn't the only decent modern cartoon on TV anymore. However the old episodes are still brilliant to me. They still make good episodes but again, I'd prefer it to end before it becomes stale.

thomas2313412 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know what i think for the series finale of phineas and ferb is?

Since you guys are talking about what the end of Phineas and ferb is like ,I'll tell you what its like in my theory
    It will take place in the final day of summer where phineas and ferb are about to do one great thing before school starts and they decided they are going to make a great musical concert so that it will be the best last day of summer ever because well the series is know for its musical songs Anyway candace who heard about this that this will be her last chance to bust the duo before schools starts the next day.
    Meanwhile Perry is about to do the usual Stop Doofenshmirtz thing but Doofenshmirtz feels that he doesn't want to do it anymore that he is sick of tired of being evil that he wants to do something good in the tri-state area hearing this Perry decided to reform him and because of that people will admire Doofenshmirtz for his good deeds with the help of Perry that even his parents and his brother will finally respect Doofenshmirtz for what he is good at even The Agency would consider making him as their fellow scientist when another scientist like Doofenshmirtz appears and does his plan Perry will then stop him rather that Doofenshmirtz for a change or in a "dont change the status quo" thing Doofenshmirtz good plan ends in a catastrophic way that he is arrested by the agency until he will be released next summer so Perry and Doofenshmirtz decided its for the best that Doofenshmirtz will do the evil mad scientist thing again because it is the only thing that he is good at and tells Perry that they will meet again next summer.

Meanwhile as Candace finally convinces her mother Linda and step dad Lawrence to come into their backyard Phineas and ferb concert magically appeared out of nowhere and everyone from the series past seasons appear in the backyard as the concert of phineas and ferb along with their friends appear and then do a great song possibly the great rendition to the theme song or something about spirit of summer forever within their hearts i guess and then Linda and Lawrence appear in front of the boys realizing that the boys did all those amazing things during the whole summer that candace feels that she and Lawrence will complain to them and will forgive Candace thinking she is crazy but instead Linda and Lawrence are proud of their boys because like everyone else in the series they are amazed by their techniques and antics which Candace feel confused and her mind shattered that she went to phineas and ferb dumbstruck in a weakened position just like squidward did in the ending of the club spongebob episode saying "Phineas ,Ferb Your Stuff is AWESOME!" before she hugs them as she admits defeat.
    Or in a breaking the fourth wall type way since the show has no fourth wall that everyone at the end of the cartoon thanks the viewers for for watching the series and then phineas,ferb and candace perform their song Gitchee Gitchee Goo to the viewers for the last time as a token of thanks for watching the series.
    That is what the ending of phineas and ferb will be like.
    Last edited by thomas2313412; 04-17-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Bender 905 is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And talking about phineas and ferb, what happened to the movie? i Heard it was going to be released sometime in 2014 but according to Wikipedia, the movie was removed from it's Schedule.

ILDC is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender 905 View Post
    And talking about phineas and ferb, what happened to the movie? i Heard it was going to be released sometime in 2014 but according to Wikipedia, the movie was removed from it's Schedule.
    They said the movie was only put on hold, but why exactly they didn't say.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDC View Post
    They said the movie was only put on hold, but why exactly they didn't say.
    It was rumored that the main characters were supposed to be live-action. Dan Povenmire confirmed it on his Twitter.

ILDC is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomMe View Post
    It was rumored that the main characters were supposed to be live-action. Dan Povenmire confirmed it on his Twitter.
    That sounds even more lame than the animated characters visiting "the real world".

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDC View Post
    That sounds even more lame than the animated characters visiting "the real world".
    I said that the characters would look ugly in live-action.

ILDC is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I said that the characters would look ugly in live-action.
    That's what I meant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post

Then again, I expect many of the same complaints would be emerging about doing "the same thing we do every night, Pinky" if the Internet were more widespread at the time.
    Exactly, and that show is considered a classic. People will complain about Phineas and Ferb now (Likely because as I've said before, other cartoons are around and they don't see much of a point of PnF existing, but this is not the first cartoon this has happened to) and how formulaic it is, but in 10 years, people will be nostalgic for it and wishing that the show was never cancelled (if it ever gets cancelled) and wanting it back because of how terrible they'll consider modern cartoons to be along the line. It's happened with Rugrats and Hey Arnold (The latter less so but people still complained about it's later seasons when they were running), it will happen with Phineas and Ferb.

As for movies, I think they should have released AT2D in theatres because it was released at the height of the show's popularity and I think it would have made alot of money in the box office, proving that 2D would do well in the box office.

I can't wait for Act Your Age, hopefully that will be the episode that wins the crowd back.

Super Sonic is offline Fastest Thing Alive
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Live action was confirmed, but it was also later confirmed the characters would remain animated. Most likely meaning there would be a Roger Rabbit-type scenario as the result of an invention by P&F. The idea of the characters being live-action was nothing but fan speculation since the start.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4