Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Seeing how it is relevant to this thread, I may as well ask:

How-come Mickey and friends are not present in Disney Infinity?

They seem to have lots of characters from Pixar's and Disney's CG films, as well as their live-action films, and even Phineas and Ferb(!), but no Disney classics.

And I repeat, this game is called Disney Infinity NOT Pixar Infinity (and if that was the case, then why would they feature so many non-Pixar characters as well?)

Whoever was working on the game, did not consider Mickey to be relevant enough to be featured (in a damn Disney crossover!)

UPDATE:

apparently Mickey will be featured in the game
    BUT YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE HIS CHARACTER SEPARATELY!

in other words, he still apparently wasn't relevant enough for them to include him from the start
    Last edited by SaneMan; 08-25-2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: new information

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaneMan View Post
    Seeing how it is relevant to this thread, I may as well ask:

How-come Mickey and friends are not present in Disney Infinity?

They seem to have lots of characters from Pixar's and Disney's CG films, as well as their live-action films, and even Phineas and Ferb(!), but no Disney classics.

And I repeat, this game is called Disney Infinity NOT Pixar Infinity (and if that was the case, then why would they feature so many non-Pixar characters as well?)

Whoever was working on the game, did not consider Mickey to be relevant enough to be featured (in a damn Disney crossover!)

UPDATE:

in other words, he still apparently wasn't relevant enough for them to include him from the start
    I guess they wanted to stick with contemporary characters for the start of it. At least he appears in the intro of the game.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Either way, I love to see their version of the Looney Tunes show.

Ed Liu is offline Come to our macaroni party
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanBurrito25 View Post
    Clubhouse doesn't count.
    Why not? It's the show that has literally introduced Mickey & his friends to at least two generations of kids, ensuring his relevance in their minds for a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by SaneMan View Post

Or, Disney is smart enough to realize that there's lots and lots and lots of people who will pay to get Mickey in the game. There's a ton of Disney icons that aren't in that starter pack that you could apply either argument to.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The nice thing about the Disney cast is you don't have to worry about them going off the deep end *cough*Miley Cyrus*cough* or getting too old for the audience. They're a timeless source of entertainment and merchandising that doesn't complain, make scenes in public, demand more money or anything else that would be the typical problems associated with paid actors. so in that aspect, they are certainly as relevant as ever. It just is shareholders are blinded by whatever short term gains the current future has-been Disney is pushing at the moment to realize they have an endless source of revenue ready and waiting for someone to handle it properly.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

DonkeyKongSong is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    And Pluto certainly hasn't lost his relevance, much to the chagrin of astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson, who believes that the reason kids are angry about Pluto's planetary demotion is because of the dog.

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I should also point out that Mickey Mouse and friends are in the too 5 most profitable licensed property in the world.
    Heck I've seen kids squeal seeing Mickey Mouse in the WDAS logo.
    There's no way anyone will ever forget these characters. Mickey's the mascot of the world's largest entertainment company.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

Ed Liu is offline Come to our macaroni party
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    It just is shareholders are blinded by whatever short term gains the current future has-been Disney is pushing at the moment to realize they have an endless source of revenue ready and waiting for someone to handle it properly.
    I have to admit I'm kind of baffled by this look at things when Mickey & co are on TV every day and there's licensed merchandise with those characters on the shelves right now. Or is this another instance of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse doesn't count"? Because I'm pretty sure the money from all that licensed merchandise and DVDs and stuff counts to someone somewhere or they wouldn't keep making them. And that also ignores stuff like the new shorts and Epic Mickey.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    I have to admit I'm kind of baffled by this look at things when Mickey & co are on TV every day and there's licensed merchandise with those characters on the shelves right now. Or is this another instance of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse doesn't count"? Because I'm pretty sure the money from all that licensed merchandise and DVDs and stuff counts to someone somewhere or they wouldn't keep making them. And that also ignores stuff like the new shorts and Epic Mickey.
    I'm looking at it from the critical mass standpoint. Mickey and Friends are clearly aimed at the fickle preschool market or the animation nerd market with the two directions. Epic Mickey 2 flopped, so the gaming market (for Mickey) died there (we'll see if the Castle of Illusion remake can fix that) and in the popular conscious, Mickey is a brand for the 5 and under set vs being a widespread (or at least older demographic) thing like whatever self-centered, "I must be famous because I am special and awesome," act Disney is focusing all their energy on at the moment.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

RandomMe is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    So... what about the already mentioned Disney Infinity? It's not PIXAR INFINITY, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast