Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The ShopSoldier is online now DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Dude, That's My Ghost!

Like This Thread!
    Dude, That's My Ghost! - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia!

Yeah - I thought I'd bring this up here, even though it's just an acquisition for Disney in the UK and France... I found some episodes of it on YouTube - but I'm not allowed to put up links to external sites, as much as I'd love to if only to truly reinforce this topic I'm bringing up now...

Other than that, has anyone else actually heard of this show or discovered it yet? I hear it's quite popular on Twitter, despite its lukewarm-to-weaksauce reception on YouTube...

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seen clips of it and it's somehow worse than Canadian flash cartoons and that's a feat in itself.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Silverstar is offline Pac It Up!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Never heard of it before today, but I checked a bit of it out; nah, not for me. The title alone should have been enough to keep me away.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah, it only took a few episodes for me to come to the clear consensus about this show, overall (and it didn't take the two posts above me, either. I came to this decision of opinion on mine and mine own accord only!).

+ The ONLY good thing about it is the decent enough animation (- Even though it's cheap flash and looks like it's been done before, if not better!).

- The Story behind the ghost character makes no sense and is never explained, so there's no reason to invest time in this noise.

- The English Dub for this is absolute trash. It feels like they hired people off the street to do some of the voices.

- The writing, characterization/development, and storytelling behind it all are no better, sadly.

- None of the main/side characters are likable or developed enough to get invested in, especially if they're female, which applies that this show may be bothsexist/misogynistic, despite not meaning to be - but all the signs of such are there in big, bold, capital letters...

- It just feels like something that could've been done and forgotten much quicker in live action, knowing all these things and more.

Yeah... this isn't going anywhere, is it? For anyone who hates this show, I apologize. Also, know this - I dislike it just as much as you guys; curiosity got the best of me,
    hence the ONLY reason I created this thread.

However, I think we can all take solace in the fact that this WON'T come to the US and plague our TVs anytime soon, right?

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    - The Story behind the ghost character makes no sense and is never explained, so there's no reason to invest time in this noise.
    I guess I'll have to make a case for this one.

Is an explanation really necessary? He's a ghost; what more do you need than "he died and now he haunts the house"?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    I guess I'll have to make a case for this one.

Is an explanation really necessary? He's a ghost; what more do you need than "he died and now he haunts the house"?
    I hate to say it, but a good explanation increases investment and actual interest in what's going in your show. Without it, you're bound to suffer some trouble in other areas where it counts.

I know of weaksauce anime that have handled the whole "ghost" thing better than this show seems to do so far, which is even sadder.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have seen it awhile ago and yeah..........it's too boring, the story doesn''t make sense and the characters are not that likeable. The animation is the one that give credit since it does have a nice animation but all the rest it's just borefest.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

dothesmartthing is offline Happy's happy. Are you happy?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen some clips of it on YouTube; it kind of reminds me of Danny Phantom.
    "The wastebasket is a writer's best friend." ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Freelance writer and atmosphere/weather curator at Helium Network.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dothesmartthing View Post
    I've seen some clips of it on YouTube; it kind of reminds me of Danny Phantom.
    Yeah... Did I mention people consider THIS show a ripoff of DP - even though they both have nothing in common nor similarity? Sad, really. Then again, that's YouTube for you - but aside that, they have every right to bash this show now that I see it for what it is, too... Even if you don't agree with me.
    Last edited by The ShopSoldier; 05-13-2013 at 08:59 PM.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    Yeah... Did I mention people consider THIS show a ripoff of DP - even though they both have nothing in common nor similarity? Sad, really. Then again, that's YouTube for you - but aside that, they have every right to bash this show now that I see it for what it is, too... Even if you don't agree with me.
    It has a combination of Danny Phantom and Scott Pilgrim......but sadly bad planned since the story is boring along with the characters....
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast