Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Yeah - that memory wipe of Sydney... Not needed, IMHO - hurts what's otherwise another good episode for this show...
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Status quo is God.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man I liked the episode all the way up until that stupid ending. Yes, all it did was conveniently wipe out all her memories of the past 20 minute episode.

I liked all of Sydney's questions because they kind of underscored how SHADY N-Tek really is and how shady they look by not being upfront with Max and Steel. When it is obvious they are doing something else besides trying to SAVE the environment which is twaddle. Maybe it's just about protecting the earth from an Ultra Link invasion, but they are still shady about it. At some point, their secrets from Max and Steel will blow up in their face.

Besides the crappy ending, I liked the fight with Ultra-Elementor who is one of my favorite baddies on the show. Or I guess it's Air Elementor really as he appears to be the brains of the crew. But I like that both he and Dredd don't trust each other and seem to be secretly planning against each other. I liked that they addressed that the turbo draining device couldn't work without Steel attached and Max had to fight without Steel and was "locked in" to flight mode. I like that the writers have thought out all these things in the world and science of the show.

The writing for this and the other Nerd Corp show Slugterra are both incredibly underrated. The storylines and mythologies seem to become more interesting as the stories progress.

Besides that, the ending was Mississippi Lame.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't mind the ending at all. I figured a friend of Max finding out about his identity would end in a mind wipe. That's the kind of thing that would be revealed near the end of the series.
    Wish she would've developed powers instead. But who knows? She might in the long run.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's not so much that she got mind-wiped but that somehow the burst of turbo energy conveniently only mind-wiped just what happened in the last 2 hours or so

-CM Punk

Bit Cloud is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well it came as no surprise that Toxon would want revenge on Molly, he did point out that Molly firing him from THI, started the chain of events that led him to becoming a mutant and meeting Max Steel. Max's responses to Steel talking about how attractive his Mom is was funny and understandable, no guy likes someone talking about their female relatives that way, and Steel did kinda go into "My Friends Hot Mom" mode. Kinda felt bad for Toxon at the end when Fishy "abandoned" him to die, although I doubt he's dead the writers will bring him back sooner or later.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Clever way to get rid of Toxzon this time. Though I doubt this was the last we see of him as well. I was highly amused that Forge retrieved Fishy and was messing around with it at the end.

I liked that Steel and Molly interacted a little more this week, since it seems like they rarely do on the show.

-CM Punk

Bit Cloud is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well Steel finally got some answers, only a little bit but it's something. After linking with the memories of Extroyers Ultra-Link, Steel saw himself linked with another person in a steel suit fighting in a battle. The person in the steel suit, was probably Max's father, but maybe the writers will surprise us.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As Rowdy Roddy Piper says, once you think you got all the answers he changes the questions. Steel got some insight, but all we saw were things that make his origins more confusing.

It appears that Steel previously had another partner. The obvious answer is Jim McGrath. It looks like they were fighting other Elementor-type monsters. So what we saw basically supports my idea that Steel was a rebel amongst his malevolent race and probably didn't like their ideas of conquest and enslavement.

A few other things. This episode's writing credit went to Rich Fogel who has been a story editor, writer, and producer of some of our favorite cartoons including Justice League, Batman Beyond, The New Batman Adventures, Superman: TAS, and The Adventures of the Gummi Bears. And I think the writing for this ep. was particularly strong especially with the Max and Steel scenes. Actually Steel's line of, "I should never have left you Max, I'm sorry," along with the VA's delivery was incredible. This show has definitely stepped up its game.

My other favorite part was Steel fighting Xtroyer on his own. I always kind of wondered what it would be like to see Steel in a solo-fight with a monster. I especially liked when Xtroyer was like he would swallow him whole and Steel was like, "Bring it on!" Then he smashes some glass open and uses some sort of chemical or grenade after Cobra Xtroyer swallowed him. Also, hey look at that, heroes protecting innocent bystanders from falling debris? Is that so much to ask for David Goyer?

Xtroyer is probably my favorite villain on the show so I'm glad he got another spotlight ep. I enjoyed that Molly was constantly insulting him and fighting back. Also after Max came to save the day, instead of sitting back she got her ninja suit on and joined the fight with Cytro. Molly is a great character and I've liked what they've done with her overall throughout this show. From the outset her development has been positive when 1) she found out about Max and Steel and 2) she's a former ninja and spy herself.

-CM Punk

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I gotta say, I did not expect Steel to always be on the side of good. I thought when he came to Earth, he was meant to destroy it but lost his memory and decided to join good. What a twist.
    This was also a fun episode. I love how almost all the women on the show can kick serious butt!
    And I especially love how Steel is not the goofy wise-cracking sidekick (though he kinda was when he was shorting out). But I love that he has a serious back-story and longs to know his past. It really adds a lot of depth.
    I love this show.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!