Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 6 wraps production.

Like This Thread!

Since Star Wars: The Clone Wars is moving from Cartoon Network to Disney XD (the final episode for CN aired last week), I guess all discussions for that series go here now.

Anyway, while I was searching for news about the network switch (it was actually harder to find on a Google search than I'd expected), I dug up some interesting info: Tim Curry will be voicing Palpatine in later seasons.

LegoFan224 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought George Lucas said that there will only be five seasons of Clone Wars?

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoFan224 View Post
    He probably did and it may have already ceased production, because I haven't heard anything in concrete about a 6th season.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

ABrown is offline Father of twins
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    Since Star Wars: The Clone Wars is moving from Cartoon Network to Disney XD (the final episode for CN aired last week), I guess all discussions for that series go here now. Anyway, while I was searching for news about the network switch (it was actually harder to find on a Google search than I'd expected), I dug up some interesting info: Tim Curry will be voicing Palpatine in later seasons.
    There really hasn't been any confirmation that the series will continue on Disney XD. Anything that I've read has all been speculation. The final episode of the fifth season was clearly written to serve as a possible series finale should the series not end up continuing.

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While Curry is still a king of villain VA, he didn't do nearly as good a job as Ian Ambercrombie. Sorry to say, I've heard better Palpatine impressions on Youtube.

In any case, while The Wrong Jedi was a solid episode to work as a series finale, I'm up for one more season. Mainly for more Cad Bane-y goodness.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

MarryLarry is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoFan224 View Post
    He said he wanted to do at least "100 hours".

Also there are arcs that have completed production that were supposed to air this season but got pushed back due to overcrowding. You can see some select scenes that never aired from the S5 trailer.

Also also, Tim Curry got the last laugh and line as Palpatine in the 'Lawless' epsidoe.

Alex20 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarryLarry View Post
    Also also, Tim Curry got the last laugh and line as Palpatine in the 'Lawless' epsidoe.
    I was going to ask about that since I thought the "Don't worry, I wont kill you..." line from Palpatine sounded a lot like Tim Curry. I didn't know Ian Abercrombie had passed away at the time.

The Dark Lord is online now 54985870
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Curry was also Palps for one line in "Revival": "They're just petty crooks", sandwiched between Abercrombie dialogue. You couldn't miss it.

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thomas2313412 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Star wars the clone wars is uncanceled for one final season and what will the series finale will be like

Hey guys,
    I heard some good news that Star wars the clone wars is uncanceled and will air its sixth and final season in early 2014 and I have a “good” feeling about this because we are going to get some closure to the series but you know what I want for the final season of clone wars a cameo appearance or new supporting character to this season Han solo who at the clone wars at that time a toddler.
    And also for the series finale of the clone wars I think I know what the series finale of clone wars be like:
    The episode will take place maybe during Return of the jedi where Luke skywalker (who will get the clone war cgi treatment ) in his starfighter is going to rescue Han solo and Leia from Jaba the hutt but then suddenly he was attacked by a TIE starfighter but fortunately he lands in some unknown planet and will unknowingly meet the elderly Ahsoka Tano and while the ship is about to be repaired Ahsoka tells Luke a story about one of her adventures as a Jedi apprentice with her mentor and Luke’s father Anakin Skywalker who will later become Darth Vader which will be the whole episode and after she finishes her story Luke with encouragement from ahsoka is going back to his repaired starfighter and rescue han solo and leia but before luke leaves Ahsoka tells him that there might be some good and redemption within Anakin which Luke hopes that it will.
    So what do you think of my possible series finale theory, Well anyway I cant wait for the final season of star wars the clone to conclude this story before we are going to see the rebel spinoff and episode 7 of star wars in 2015.

**Merged from general animation thread**
    Last edited by Aquadementia; 10-15-2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Merged

Ioz
    Ioz is offline Master of Mer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm glad we'll see more episodes, but I think it will just be the episodes they already started work on and not a full season. I'd be shocked if it were actually 22 episodes. I think one article ran with that and others copied from it. Dave Filoni says "wrapped production on all of the remaining Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes," but says nothing about a full season. The show was originally meant to go on for at least a few more seasons. I doubt there will be a real series finale episode.

Ed Liu is offline Come to our macaroni party
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    At the NY Comic Con panel, Dave Hidalgo described them as the "unreleased" episodes (I think he even said six of them, though I'd have to check my recording of the panel to be sure). It was definitely not a full season of 22, though, since every indication there (including a video recorded by Dave Filoni for the NYCC audience) was that they were working full tilt on Rebels. No way they'd be able to plan, storyboard, record, and finish a new full season.

From the article linked to and comments above, it sounds like fans are blowing Filoni's FB comment way out of proportion.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I heard only six episodes were fully boarded and finished before Disney came in and cancelled The Clone Wars. So it makes sense that Season 6 would be either be: A) Released as multiple "webisode" length installments of SW:CW. B) Released as Six full length episodes of SW:CW.

Spoiler:
    That said, I'm surprised Asokah survived the entirety of the Clone Wars. I kinda hope Disney-era Star Wars doesn't sweep her under the rug if "Season 6" doesn't tell us where she goes...

thomas2313412 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay,So what does anyone think of my possible series finale with luke meeting Ahsoka? and we'll pray and hope it can resolve some loose ends.