Quantcast
    GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Toon Zone Talkback - "Motorcity": Turbocharged Series Redlines the Awesometer

Like This Thread!
    This is the talkback thread for "Motorcity": Turbocharged Series Redlines the Awesometer.

Sounds great. If you liked this Ed, you should have a look at "Redline" when you can.

Hopefully the show does go someplace, but even if not the apparent effort put into the production of this thing is laudable.

If I understand right the 1st episode is also free on iTunes, for those who crave an early look or are without Disney XD.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nice review, i'm still stupefied how well they did the animation, i already watch the first episode but still going to watch again tonight.

btw Cartoonbrew show some production footage and delete scenes of the show:
    http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/ex...ted-scene.html
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ColdHardFlash also featured a video with clips, and how the character was rigged in Flash.

I also agree with the review 100%. One gets awestruck by how amazing the animation is especially since it's done entirely in America. But visually it does get a little overwhelming at times.
    Unfortunately, the episodes's plot and conflict is cliche-ridden and predictable, but I hope future episodes won't be like that.

Toons These Days
    Now on That Guy With the Glasses.com
    New episodes return December 16!

Website | Deviantart | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon |

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Unfortunately, the episodes's plot and conflict is cliche-ridden and predictable, but I hope future episodes won't be like that.
    I agree the first episode was predictable but at the same time enjoyable just to give an introduction to the characters and how they act, all i can say they just blown away Speed Racer the Next Generation and Battle Force 5 with 1 episode, is it hard for them to come up with something like Motorcity? I'm not a fan of cartoon cars but Motorcity is giving me a second opinion.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, Ed Liu got the Full Throttle vibe also: although Abraham Kane already seems like a very different character than Ripburger.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

TheGunheart is offline Darkness and Disgrace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eh, sometimes plot is overrated. Frankly, this is a show that pushes so much style that it whips back around and becomes the substance. All that really matters beyond that is that I liked the characters when it was over, which is more than I can say for some toons that were ostensibly more about the plot...
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley
    ColdHardFlash also featured a video with clips, and how the character was rigged in Flash.

I also agree with the review 100%. One gets awestruck by how amazing the animation is especially since it's done entirely in America. But visually it does get a little overwhelming at times.
    There are moments when the angle on the action makes it difficult to see, particularly when Mike is using his staff. But there even times when the cars are driving around and the angle of the action leaves a lot to be desired. It's like I know something cool is happening and it frustrates me that viewer can hardly see it.

Impressive animation none the less.

But they're gonna need to keep me interested with the story and in that regard it was an average start at best.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I dug it.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just when I think we'll never see another post from you, you pop back up.

You get on Twitter yet like George and Chris?

Also... Do you have something in the works?

You can PM those answers.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas