Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Alec is offline Webmaster, DC/DXD Fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gravity Falls Discussion (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Here's the first promo for the series. I'm glad Disney finally posted a "widescreen" video on YouTube. Besides the fact here's a thread about the new show.

The show will concern the adventures of twin brother and sister Dipper and Mabel Pines, whose summer plans are ruined when their parents ship them off to their Great Uncle Stan in Gravity Falls, Oregon. Uncle Stan lives in and runs The Mystery Shack, a tourist trap which overcharges unlucky visitors for a glimpse at the world's most bizarre museum, but little do Dipper and Mabel know that there really is something very strange going on and they must rely on one another to find their way in this unfamiliar town.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yWS_ljavTw

ILuvToons is offline Radioactive rubber pants!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, nobody has said anything about this show? Well, allow me to be the first one to reply to this thread:

When I saw the first promo, I thought it was going to be one of those uninteresting shows like on Disney XD. But as time went on, I realized that it wasn't as I had expected. I've seen the other promos and have looked it up on the official website. I gotta say, it seems like one heck of a good show. For me, the visual style is somewhat like Regular Show and the plot more like The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. Disney Channel really needs more cartoons like this. There's Phineas and Ferb and Fish Hooks,'but even those aren't enough. If DC keeps this up, it will be much better. Can't wait for the preview and the premiere!

The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This show snuck up on me. It'll probably sneak up on even more people. Granted, this forum is a wasteland so I doubt very many people even saw the thread. I know I didn't. I asked {Shadow} to make a talkback image, so I'll make talkback threads for each episode. I haven't done that since Yin Yang Yo! and the early Disney XD days with Jimmy Two-Shoes and Kid vs. Kat. It looks good.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wasn't even aware the show debuted yet. When is it airing?
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Ed Liu is offline Grumpy Gorilla
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    I wasn't even aware the show debuted yet. When is it airing?
    It will have a sneak preview on June 15, at 9:55 PM, with the official premiere hitting on June 29 at 9:30 PM, on the Disney Channel.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't get it. There doesn't seem to be any buzz at all for this show. I know Disney's TV animation has been somewhat lackluster in recent years, but they seem to be trying to get their act together. Hopefully people will give it a chance this Friday when the preview episode airs. Disney has uploaded a bunch of trailers on YouTube if people want to get a feel for it.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm sure there are some dedicated Disney forums chatting about this.

Its a shame no one on Toon Zone is talking about Gravity Falls. I'd really like to know who is working on this behind the scenes, so I understand the talent behind this. This show.... is a little remniscent of Regular Show to me. Like Regular Show's "episode formula" but with a Disney spin.

And just what *is* Craig McCrakken up to anyways???

Ed Liu is offline Grumpy Gorilla
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildHood90s View Post
    I'm sure there are some dedicated Disney forums chatting about this.

Its a shame no one on Toon Zone is talking about Gravity Falls. I'd really like to know who is working on this behind the scenes, so I understand the talent behind this. This show.... is a little remniscent of Regular Show to me. Like Regular Show's "episode formula" but with a Disney spin.

And just what *is* Craig McCrakken up to anyways???
    Answers to both your questions can be found in our coverage of the Disney XD upfront presentation from this March.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was in the credits, it seems. I put it into an anagram scrambler but it didn't find anything. Maybe each episode will have one, and maybe they'll mean something. I'll keep track of them in this thread so people can try to figure out what's what.

ZHOFRPH WR JUDYLWB IDOOV
    Edit: Somebody already cracked it. Take each letter and move it to the third letter that precedes it. It spells out "Welcome to Gravity Falls". Hopefully they keep doing these puzzles, and hopefully, it takes people longer to crack them.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, I didn't see the gnome thing coming, but their were hints since we kept seeing its page in the book.
    I like this show, it does feel a little like Regular Show, but since RS is my fav cartoon on TV right now, that's perfectily fine.

It's not as good as Phineas and Ferb, but it's WAY better than Fish Hooks.

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast