Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Honestly waiting for a new episode feel a bit long to wait, never happen to me before and i'm already excited to see a new Motorcity episode.

A bit bland where Mike finds an energy to defeat Kane but i do hope it ends up good.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to bump it but who saw the episode? Seriously WOW the animation still surprise me, really nice episode of course it still had a quick pacing with the writing but i know they will have some nice character develop soon along with the backstory of the characters, i do want to know more of Mike's past and why Kane change his views all of a sudden since he and Jacob where partners.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Solid episode. Not so sure how I feel about having a "dilema of the week" situation but if they're creative about it then it should stay interesting.

Nice to hear Jim Cummings in this episode.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

HG Revolution is online now Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are the post-pilot episodes going to be streaming?
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

BrianLeague is online now Saturdays @ 5:30am on Toonami!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HG Revolution View Post
    Are the post-pilot episodes going to be streaming?
    All Motorcity episodes will be posted on Motorcity's page on Disney XD's website after they air on TV.

Also, via TheFutonCritic.com;

Motorcity (9:00) - Disney XD
    0.408 million viewers, #27; 0.050 million adults 18-49 (0.0 rating), #28

Kind of dropped from last week, and it dropped about .4 million viewers from the previous shows that were airing.

Kickin' It (8:00) - Disney XD
    0.735 million viewers, #21; 0.110 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #25

Lab Rats (8:30) - Disney XD
    0.811 million viewers, #20; 0.085 million adults 18-49 (0.1 rating), #26

Additionally, here's a very old pilot for Motorcity that was posted on tumblr.
    Last edited by BrianLeague; 05-09-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I need to re-watch the episode since I wasn't paying complete attention, but I did notice a line that Chuck said. He mentions that the device they have could blow up "all of Michigan" so it seems like the rest of the state exists. My guess? In a "No Man's Land" style of situation (Batman storyline), Detroit finally got bad enough either via a disaster of sorts or something else, the US government broke off all ties to the city, basically abandoning it to whatever forces inside are able to claim it. In this case, that would be Kane.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Motorcity getting about half the viewers of the live action shows that aired before it. That is what I feared would happen.

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Episode 2 was amazing :anime:
    My favorite part is when Texas is talking about his plan to beat up Kane XD
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Neo Yi is online now The Great "Lord" Starscream
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ed's review pretty much nails it; cliche plot, but stylish visuals. It's an amazingly gorgeous cartoon and I'm tempt to say I would watch it for animation alone, but I know I'll need that substance eventually. The first episode is frantic - too frantic for my taste - and I almost got lost amongst the extremely detailed animation and fast-paced action.

Episode Two seems to dial it down a lot more and I could sit through it without getting a seizure. It's also a better episode with a more intriguing plot and a sense of intensity that kept me glued in a couple of places (loved the infiltration in Kane's company building). I don't have much to say about it just yet. It's pretty to look at and there's charm squeaking in; so I'll stick a bit more and see if it'll snare me in completely.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    "Dawn's breaking on Cybertron." I review Windblade #1. Spoiler-free!

Ed Liu is offline Come to our macaroni party
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Episode 2 popped up pretty fast on Comcast's On Demand service where I am, too. Now they just have to get Disney channels in HD On Demand, but now I'm just being picky . The weird thing is that iTunes offers to "buy all episodes of the show" for $2.99 (the standalone price for episode 2 in HD), but doesn't seem to have a season pass set up yet.

Saw episode 2 and I liked it enough to keep going. Neo Yi had pretty much the same reaction I did to it: no surprises plotwise, but tons of fun and style in the look and feel of the show and the animation wasn't quite as manic as before. But man oh man I still just love the way this show looks, even if I still get visually lost occasionally. I think the touchstone I picked up on for it is Teen Titans, in that it's an action show that doesn't take itself entirely seriously and manages to do better than you think it should at balancing both. The other touchstone is Transformers Prime, which may even be a better comparison because it tended to be (mostly) lighthearted drama rather than the out-and-out comedy that Teen Titans would do occasionally.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

magicdog is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After having seen the first two episodes I find this show intriguing.

The first episode is frantic - too frantic for my taste - and I almost got lost amongst the extremely detailed animation and fast-paced action.

You took the proverbial words out of my mouth! I had to watch the pilot three times to really catch everything. I'm glad things things slowed down a bit in the second ep, since I'd like to appreciate the visuals. If I blinked, I thought I missed something!!

i know they will have some nice character develop soon along with the backstory of the characters, i do want to know more of Mike's past and why Kane change his views all of a sudden since he and Jacob where partners.

I agree. I'm also curious as to why these teens are (with the exception of Julie) without families. Did they die? Are they still in Detroit Deluxe?

I did notice a line that Chuck said. He mentions that the device they have could blow up "all of Michigan" so it seems like the rest of the state exists. My guess? In a "No Man's Land" style of situation...., Detroit finally got bad enough either via a disaster of sorts or something else, the US government broke off all ties to the city, basically abandoning it to whatever forces inside are able to claim it. In this case, that would be Kane.
    I like this idea. I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be the case.

I saw the early preview of Motorcity and I'm impressed at how many early concepts made it into the current version.

My nitpicks:

As previously noted, the basic plot and characters are nothing new, but the animation and visuals do catch my attention. I'm not sure how deep they intend to go with them, but I hope they go beyond the simplicity that's been set up so far. .

Julie is the boss' daughter yet Mike doesn't know it despite having once been Kane's favored cadet? Possible, but I still find it hard to believe.

Harder to believe Jacob doesn't know either since he was Kane's business partner... or does he know and just chooses to keep quiet about it?

Chuck's squealing has got to stop! He's been Mike's co-pilot for a while so he's got to know it's not going to be a safe, quiet drive in the park. He's also reminding me too much of Shaggy from Scooby Doo - always fearful of what's around the bend - and rather one dimensional about it at that.

Mike taking other's lives into his hands so cavalierly! I know kids his age have delusions of immortality (or worse, figure they're going to die anyway so they might as well go out in a blaze of glory) but he needs to pull back a little!

In the second ep, I couldn't help but wonder about that energy bomb.... if Kane had been successful in detonating it and destroying Motorcity, wouldn't Detroit Deluxe go up too? After all, DD is rooted above MC .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magicdog View Post

My nitpicks:

Julie is the boss' daughter yet Mike doesn't know it despite having once been Kane's favored cadet? Possible, but I still find it hard to believe.

Harder to believe Jacob doesn't know either since he was Kane's business partner... or does he know and just chooses to keep quiet about it?

Chuck's squealing has got to stop! He's been Mike's co-pilot for a while so he's got to know it's not going to be a safe, quiet drive in the park. He's also reminding me too much of Shaggy from Scooby Doo - always fearful of what's around the bend - and rather one dimensional about it at that.

Mike taking other's lives into his hands so cavalierly! I know kids his age have delusions of immortality (or worse, figure they're going to die anyway so they might as well go out in a blaze of glory) but he needs to pull back a little!

In the second ep, I couldn't help but wonder about that energy bomb.... if Kane had been successful in detonating it and destroying Motorcity, wouldn't Detroit Deluxe go up too? After all, DD is rooted above MC .
    My theories are the following:

-Since most Dads i believe Kane didn't mention Julie to Mike to keep her safe or it will have those moments where someone tries to date the daughter of the boss

-That's a good question, Jacob was Kane Partner and friend and you ask yourself why he doesn't know Julie.

This might be too soon or wrong from my part but if Mike and Jacob never met Julie before i believe that she's
    Spoiler:
    A robot or android. Think about it, Kane's well known of creating robots of all kind, why not believe he created a robot for a daughter. It makes sense becuase like many it's hard to believe that Mike or Jacob didn't bump with Julie once especially Jacob and with being a robot i think it's Kane's ultimate weapon because so far he does want Motorcity destroyed but why attack if he can invade other places and have an army, there's something that Kane wants or doesn't want the burners to find out, we already saw the first episode all that gear they found was hard to find

as for the other nitpicks you mention yes i agree Chuck's screams should be more minimal tho he does it less on the 2nd episode and hope it keeps that way because he's very useful for the team.

Like people with hot rods he tries to live free and wild, i mean that's how it suppose to act, being a risk taker.

Kane's smart enough to know it will effect DD so he possibly have some kinda shield to protect Deluxe from the blast.

Anyway can't wait for episode 3, it will focus on the other burners and see how they act without Mike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was finally able to see the first two episodes on Disney XD's website, and I have to say, I am loving this series so far. The animation is amazing and the episodes are very fun to watch. The only thing I'm worried about are the ratings. I hope it goes up soon, because I don't want Disney XD to cancel this show after its first season.

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLeague View Post
    The only thing I'm worried about are the ratings. I hope it goes up soon, because I don't want Disney XD to cancel this show after its first season.
    You just have to jinx it........ didn't ya? The only way Motorcity will do well is that you and everyone else here who likes the show spread the word to friends and family and watch the show, that's how it will get recognize and Disney will consider to order more episodes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can live with it if the show only lasts a season, but on the proviso that loose ends are wrapped up in the final episode. No cliffhangers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magicdog View Post
    I can live with it if the show only lasts a season, but on the proviso that loose ends are wrapped up in the final episode. No cliffhangers!
    You know that most shows Season 1 usually ends with a cliffhanger and how Motorcity is going so far it might go into that road.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MTV Geek has posted a clip from next week's episode.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know how many episodes Disney ordered for this season? I'm hoping for at least 26 episodes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    MTV Geek has posted a clip from next week's episode.
    Nice clip tho i'm surprise MTV even show one of Titmouse shows because of the funny POPTV parody from Megas XLR always get blasted either by Megas or the villains lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLeague View Post
    Does anyone know how many episodes Disney ordered for this season? I'm hoping for at least 26 episodes.
    Not confirm but it seems Disney order 20 episodes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know that most shows Season 1 usually ends with a cliffhanger and how Motorcity is going so far it might go into that road.
    Well, does anyone know if Disney automatically gives animated shows an automatic 2 season commitment? CN typically does, in which case we might get an abbreviated second season.

Not confirm but it seems Disney order 20 episodes.
    Hopefully that will be enought to tell a good story.

I wonder if the new scientist who came to stay in MC in ep 2 will be seen again? I hate it when shows introduce a character who's decided to stay in town and is never seen onscreen again.

Saw the preview clip and it did bring up the question of how weather works in this show. In the premiere Kane brags about how it's sunny all the time in DD, as opposed to the darkness in MC (due to MC being literally below the foundation of DD). Unless DD is in a bubble and climate controlled, I don't know how that can be.

As we all know, Michigan gets mighty cold in the wintertime and neither city should be able to avoid that.

I'm also looking forward to how the Burners get along without Mike.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast