LDEJRuff is offline I'll be back...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I know this may be a bit off-topic, twice...

Like This Thread!
    I know this may be a bit off-topic, twice, but now that Craig McCracken is working for Disney on account of creating Wander over Yonder, any chance that his other two cartoon creations (The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) would move from Cartoon Network to either Disney Channel or Disney XD? It'd be a bit funny if the Girls and the Friends would make a deal with the Mouse.

Happy 15th, Family Guy

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I think that this topic belongs in the Disney Board since it focuses on the idea of shows being aired on one of their channels, so I'll go ahead and move it there.

Considering that Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends are Cartoon Network original series, I seriously can't see them airing on any Disney Channel. Cartoon Network wouldn't want to let their original shows air on a differnet channel and I don't think that they could buy the rights from Cartoon Network either. Even if they could, just because Craig McCracken is working on a series for Disney doesn't mean that they'll go out of their way to get the other shows he's worked on. I don't think that they'll even associate him with being the creator of other shows from a different network, regardless of their popularity. Besides that, I don't think that Disney would be interested in getting shows that ended years ago based on how they treat their own shows once they've aired the last episode.

Silverstar is offline Pac It Up!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There are 2 chances of the above happening: slim and none.

The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends were both produced by Cartoon Network Studios and are both owned by Turner Broadcasting. You won't be seeing either of them on Disney, or any other non-Turner owned channel. That's like expecting My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic to start airing on Cartoon Network just because Laren Faust previosuly worked on Foster's. Regardless of who created them and where the creators are working now, those shows are still the registered property of the network that airs/aired them; just because Craig created the shows doesn't mean that he gets to decide what network they'll be airing on.

PPG and Foster's airing on Disney Channel or DXD wouldn't be beneficial for either network. Disney wouldn't benefit from allowing it's network to become a hub for CN's original programs (a "Cartoon Network 2", if you will), neither would CN benefit from loaning out it's original series to a competing network so that the competitor can make money off of it.

There's also the factor that Light mentioned in the previous post: Both PPG and Foster's have been out of production for a while now. Both shows are currently considered 'retro' on their own network, so I doubt that Disney would be in a hurry to acquire them even if they were willing or able to play sharesies with Turner (which they aren't).
    Last edited by Silverstar; 04-12-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Dr.Pepper is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No way. Not happening. I don't think that CN will ever sell the rights to any of their original shows to a rival channel. And besides, I don't think that Disney will be all that into old reruns anyways.
    An authentic blend of 23 flavors
    Want to read some movie reviews? Check out the blog
    http://animatedmoviegoddess.blogspot.com/

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe if Disney and TW merged but that'd be a major monopoly and I kinda doubt that'd be approved.