Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    MrBabySpencer is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should Disney Buy Out Cookie Jar Entertainment??

Like This Thread!

Come On They Have A BIG Library, Should Disney Buy Them, Please Tell Me Okay

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Why do you want Disney to own everything? A little competition is good for business. Disney can't own the world as long as we have a thing called free enterprise.

And as was said earlier, these "Should Disney buy so-and-so company?" threads are getting repetitive.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

SF4Ever is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBabySpencer View Post
    Come On They Have A BIG Library, Should Disney Buy Them, Please Tell Me Okay
    No I don't- Disney could consider purchasing the post-1991 Ruby-Spears library, which includes Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa, Mega Man and Skysurfer Strike Force to go along with the one R-S produced program Disney owns, Laser Tag Academy. If Warner Bros. owns a majority of the Ruby-Spears library, why can't Disney purchase R-S' later work? Think about it.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This might sound stupid, but I actually want Shout! Factory to buy out Cookie Jar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One buyout I'd like to see happen is for someone like Turner, WB or Hasbro to buy the Fox Kids library from Disney. I'd like to see those shows go to somebody who'd actually be willing to air them again (or at least give us some decent DVD sets) rather than just letting them sit collecting dust in the vaults.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

SF4Ever is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonatic View Post
    This might sound stupid, but I actually want Shout! Factory to buy out Cookie Jar.
    I agree on that one- Shout Factory could take over releasing Cookie Jar programs on DVD, among other things.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dear MrBabySpencer
    Look I love Disney As well however there are just some companies Disney should not own. Disney should not own Miramax due to the fact that they treated it poorly. However Disney could however buy useful companies like Nintendo. I mean with Nintendo Disney would basically be able to distribute so many more games. Plus they would own Pokemon which fits with the characters they currently own. However the company Disney should really own the most and I know it probably will not ever happen is Time-Warner. Timewarner and Disney would be a match made from above. Due to the fact that Disney would finally own a network just for cartoons and own the biggest library of cartoons. Plus Dc and Marvel could finally be one comic book company. However Disney is already big enough as it is. Eventually they'll buy more companies but for now Disney should just concerate on the characters it already has. Also they should be trying to get the marvel characters back all under one roof so that they can all be in the same film universe.

Ps
    Disney at one point did own cookie Jar. Due to the fact that cookie jar is Dic. Yup Disney owned Dic at one time that how we got the two inspector gadget live action films and just look at how those turned out.

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seriously dude? Another one of these threads? Just stop, you're not doing yourself any favours. And to answer your question: no. It's unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    One buyout I'd like to see happen is for someone like Turner, WB or Hasbro to buy the Fox Kids library from Disney. I'd like to see those shows go to somebody who'd actually be willing to air them again (or at least give us some decent DVD sets) rather than just letting them sit collecting dust in the vaults.
    I've been thinking that too. I would love to see Saban get it back. They've already got Power Rangers and Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation back, so it's possible. Maybe air them on Nick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeLover5816
    However the company Disney should really own the most and I know it probably will not ever happen is Time-Warner. Timewarner and Disney would be a match made from above. Due to the fact that Disney would finally own a network just for cartoons and own the biggest library of cartoons. Plus Dc and Marvel could finally be one comic book company.
    A lot of people would like to see that happen, but in all likelihood it won't, and for the sake of capitalism, it's better that it doesn't. Sure, Disney and Warner's various properties all residing under one roof would please a lot of fans, but it would also be one of the biggest monopolies since AT&T's planned acquisition of T-Mobile. As I said in another thread, putting every other business out of business isn't good for business. A little competition is healthy.

Also, Disney doesn't need to merge with Warner in order to have an all-animation network. They could easily turn one of their already existing networks into that tomorrow if they so desired. Disney used to have their own all-cartoon network (c'mon, folks, Toon Disney wasn't that long ago), and between their own animated properties, the Marvel shows and the other franchises that they have the rights to, Disney could launch their own cartoon channel any time they want to, they just don't want to.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 04-05-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Shawn Hopkins is online now TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Disney is a company that goes out of its way to hide its most cherished properties and keep them off TV, only making a few of them available in expensive and limited DVD sets. The idea that it would be a good thing for consumers if they started snapping up animation libraries like a ravenous shark is ludicrous.

Tell you what, the next time you see Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Mickey Mouse Shorts, and live action sitcoms like Spin and Marty on TV we'll sit down and talk about it.

Also, read this page of what Disney owns, if you've got a good chunk of time to spare. I think that's enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...wned_by_Disney
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    Honestly, I would love to see Disney release them on dvd and develop spinoffs, sequels, or live action movies based on some of them. I know that's not likely to happen, but Disney really shouldn't waste the properties it already owns.

As far as Cookie Jar goes, as another poster wrote, Disney owned Dic and sold it to Cookie Jar, so if Disney were to buy Cookie Jar, I would suggest they have plans to develop the properties they acquire instead of wasting their money on acquiring them.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry - and this answer, for the record , is to any thread asking who Disney should buy next...

.....No, and No, and No. Disney has enough stuff that they DON'T take care of enough as is, due to tween-coms/teen-coms being more profitable than even what got them where they are , which is their theatrical fare and animated TV fare...

Also, they have a tendency like many people have said before me to treat what they do have quite poorly and/or charge more than necessary for what they're willing to merchandise in the form of DVD collections, for example, as well as on top of that, not finish them at all when what they barely put out doesn't sell well to begin with unless it's their feature films (and even then, they still vault them after selling them for awhile, which IMHO, is a dirty business practice!).
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As AnimeLover5816 said, DiC Entertainment, which later merged with Cookie Jar Entertainment, was owned by Disney for a short period of time. And I don't recall much coming out of it, except their animated Sabrina series airing on ABC Kids. One of the heads of the company bought the company back.

If Disney bought Cookie Jar they would own one of the largest libraries of children's programming, which along with Disney's shows, have enough content to start a new channel: a new Toon Disney.
    Which I'm totally fine with.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)