Cartoon Ruler is offline I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Disney Junior Channel: Was The First Day of its Launch Success?

Like This Thread!
    Hello everyone. At my local area, I have DISH and I didn't have Disney Junior. But DISH, will carry it someday right? Maybe a few days later it'll add it.

Anyways, for those who have Disney Junior, do you think its first 24 hours of airing was a success? Do you think it needs to improve more on its schedule? Do you think the channel's bumpers and the promos were good or bad?

You can tell me--or even upload a video to me-- about the first couple of minutes of Disney Junior.

Those who don't have Junior like me, we will get it someday.
    Goodbye The Hub, Hello Boomerang!

Cyberville Outcast is offline The Busiest Lazy Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't speak for the first 24 hours, but I did watch the channel launch (I have Cablevision). Plus we've seen their channel lineup so far. Besides the so-called "Golden-Age" Disney shows that air 4:30AM-7AM each day as well as the movies, none of these shows were made for me thus I don't find them entertaining, BUT after all obviously, this is a preschool channel not a retro channel, so I wasn't surprised that there weren't a lot of old disney series being rerun from the get go. Though I was surprised that The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was NOT part of the lineup, maybe in the long run it will. Oh well, as long as they don't take off the older series, but that's mostly a personal preference. Though from a business perspective, they would want to run programs like Jungle Cubs or 101 Dalmatians during non-peak viewing hours, since very very few kids are awake from 2AM-7AM. Besides, Disney's preschool library is still small compared to Nick Jr.'s and PBSKids Sprout to successfully fill 24 hours. Personally, however, I'd extend the 'night block' a tad longer like this:

3AM-3:30AM Mickey Mouse Tracks (I'll touch on this next)
    3:30AM-4AM House of Mouse
    4AM-4:30AM The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    4:30AM-7AM (just to save time, I think we all know what already airs here)

Ultimately, however, the ONLY thing I would like to see Disney Junior reair are the full classic shorts, the 90s shows are just bonuses as far as I'm concerned (especially considering that the most popular Disney Afternoon shows are already widely available on DVD, unlike the classic shorts which are essentially limited and/or overpriced). Though, given the success of Mickey and the Gang among the little kids, I don't think this is too far fetched to ask for. Disney could at least air a repackaged series like Mickey Mouse Tracks, Donald Duck Presents, Donald's Quack Attack and/or Good Morning Mickey at say 3AM, 4AM maybe. We shall see...

Overall, even though this is a preschool channel, I will say this, I really like the vibe of the channel. When I was watching the launch, I felt like a kid again (until Mickey Mouse Clubhouse came on). I haven't seen Disney magic like this for many, MANY years on TV. Other than the old Disney shows and movies, I might watch this channel during the day just for the bumpers .
    Last edited by Cyberville Outcast; 03-24-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer12347 View Post
    I can't speak for the first 24 hours, but I did watch the channel launch (I have Cablevision). Plus we've seen their channel lineup so far. Besides the so-called "Golden-Age" Disney shows that air 4:30AM-7AM each day as well as the movies, none of these shows were made for me thus I don't find them entertaining, BUT after all obviously, this is a preschool channel not a retro channel, so I wasn't surprised that there weren't a lot of old disney series being rerun from the get go. Though I was surprised that The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was NOT part of the lineup, maybe in the long run it will. Oh well, as long as they don't take off the older series, but that's mostly a personal preference. Though from a business perspective, they would want to run programs like Jungle Cubs or 101 Dalmatians during non-peak viewing hours, since very very few kids are awake from 2AM-7AM. Besides, Disney's preschool library is still small compared to Nick Jr.'s and PBSKids Sprout to successfully fill 24 hours. Personally, however, I'd extend the 'night block' a tad longer like this:
    I agree with you. Disney Junior should at least show classical shorts and the classic The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in the graveyard hours since most younger kids are asleep. I, personally, am a preteen and stay up 'till 1 in the morning. If I have Comcast or other providers that carry Disney Junior, I would most likely see Out of the Box at midnight or so (if they add it).
    Last edited by Cartoon Ruler; 04-09-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Unforntally, due to the factor of confusion of putting Disney Junior on a different chanel and keeping Soap Net, i missed the launch and all the classic shows that aired the first day. Did find it later in the day though. I have to say I really liked the channel a lot. Hope they do added the classic shorts and The New Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. Still want Bear in the Big Blue House and P,B,&J Otter on the channel too. Otherwise, forever live Disney Junior!
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ho Yeah! I watched the newly launched Disney Junior at my cousin's house during Spring break. I felt in love with it. When I first saw it, Rolie Polie Olie was on. I couldn't believe my eyes! Sadly, though, they cut the outros of almost every show and replace it with promos. Overall, I am loving Disney Junior. I'll give the channel an A-.

Sure wish, I get it on my Dish provider.
    Last edited by Cartoon Ruler; 12-14-2012 at 07:49 PM.