Quantcast
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    It's official, Wander Over Yonder will be at the 2013 D23 Expo:

Sunday, August 11

2:30 - 3:30 pm "Wander Over Yonder" stars Jack McBrayer and April Winchell, plus creator/executive producer Craig McCracken

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Sharpie View Post
    Craig McCracken is one of my favorite animators working today (big fan of PPG and FHFIF here), and it's nice to see that Wander Over Yonder finally got picked up after all these years of seeing the sketches on his DeviantArt account. Hopefully all goes well and Craig doesn't get screwed over like he was with last project at CN.
    Sorry for not noticing this sooner, but what last project at CN?

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sym-Bionic Titan, may it rest in peace. Or preferably come back to life.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: The new Electric Wonderland cartoon concludes today! Can the wacky wonderful Internet personality Jon-Trawn uncover the real conspiracy?

Ed Liu is offline Grumpy Gorilla
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    Sym-Bionic Titan, may it rest in peace. Or preferably come back to life.
    Huh? Craig McC wasn't associated with Sym-Bionic Titan. That was Genndy Tartakovsky's baby. I thought the last thing Craig was attached to at CN was Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"...ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
    -- Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

Dudley is online now <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Liu View Post
    Huh? Craig McC wasn't associated with Sym-Bionic Titan. That was Genndy Tartakovsky's baby. I thought the last thing Craig was attached to at CN was Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
    Craig was also involved with the Cartoonstitute, the pilot program that led to Regular Show and the upcoming Uncle Grandpa, but he left, probably over how the whole initiative was tremendously downsized.

Toons These Days
    Now on That Guy With the Glasses.com
    New episodes return December 16!

Website | Deviantart | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon |

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Craig was also involved with the Cartoonstitute, the pilot program that led to Regular Show and the upcoming Uncle Grandpa, but he left, probably over how the whole initiative was tremendously downsized.
    Was it also meant to air like What A Cartoon?

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As far as I know, Craig McCracken left because of the whole "CN Real" debacle. Though to be fair, Cartoonstitue's cancellation and CN Real happened within the span of just a few months.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildHood90s View Post
    As far as I know, Craig McCracken left because of the whole "CN Real" debacle. Though to be fair, Cartoonstitue's cancellation and CN Real happened within the span of just a few months.
    I guess in Craig's point of view, Disney at least was never pretending to be an all animation channel.

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildHood90s View Post
    Then it's quite ironic he picked Disney of all the networks

Ed Liu is offline Grumpy Gorilla
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Oh, yeah, forgot about that. I couldn't get out of thinking about shows, though the fact that I forgot all about the Cartoonstitute is a pretty good indicator of how well it got treated. Ironic considering how much new talent getting shows came out of it anyway.

I'm also still baffled why people seem to think Disney is hostile to TV animation. I remember counting up the announcements at the last Disney upfront and found a roughly equal number of animated shows and live-action ones if I remember right. If "pre-school shows don't count" then you might be able to try to make the case that there isn't enough animation coming from Disney TV, but even then I still think you can't make the case that Disney doesn't care about it. The fact that this show was greenlit ought to be some evidence of that. There's also the fact that animation takes longer to produce but has a much longer shelf life as shows and merchandising.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"...ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
    -- Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man