8 61.54%
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    KPTitan is offline The Doc is in...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    Yeah but why? I don't get it. I've never heard of this union rule before. And as I said, Tony Jay was in Reboot. English born, American citizen, recorded in LA Tony Jay was in a Canadian television series.
    Having dual-citizenship means that you can have the ability to live in more than one country without being deported from them. For example, I know a guy who works for one of the coal mining companies where I live, and since they are now in partnership with mining companies in China, he has to get dual-citizenship with China since he goes over there to work with them for several months at a time. Since Tony Jay is American-born and yet he's done voice work in Candadian tv shows, he more than likely has dual-citizenship. It takes several months to be doing voice-work on a show, just like it would if making a movie. It would be a pain in the butt if you just decided to travel back and forth between countries(to go to work and back home everyday like you would an ordinary job) instead of just living in another country until your work is done.

The thing that you guys need to remember is that Xiaolin Showdown is originally an American tv show. Since it's been so long (6 years) since its last airdate, and I imagine costs to make tv shows have gone up a little since then, they're moving the show to Canada because it's cheaper.
    "I respect that you don't eat meat. Please respect that I don't eat fake meat." - Raven, Teen Titans

"There's my tax dollars at work, coming to arrest me." - Riley Poole, National Treasure: Book of Secrets

BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just wondering, are there any news articles on this subject that I can show to my friends? Like from reliable sources like toonzone, not forums or blogs?
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Srebak is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't know if anyone's still here, but this seemed like a good place to lament about my feelings regarding this new Xiaolin Showdown.

1. Honestly, i don't think i would mind the new designs or the CGI thing (mostly), but i really hope they give us good reasons why Wuya is a ghost again, why Chase has an apprentice and why Omi is in charge instead of Raimundo.

2. I guess i could get use to Kimiko, Jack and Chase Young's new voices, but i can't help but wonder that if Jennifer Hale is voicing Kimiko, then who'll be voicing Katnappe?

3. Although it wouldn't be the first show to do so, my personal ideas for XS' continuation are looking more and more unlikely based on the way Xiaolin Chronicles is going. I had a (personally) interesting view on how Raimundo would handle his role as Shoku Warrior and the other monks reaction to it. I also had thoughts about a new villain for the show and Katnappe becoming a good guy. But now, it seems like, once again, my fan thought ideas have gone right out the window.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Srebak View Post
    I don't know if anyone's still here, but this seemed like a good place to lament about my feelings regarding this new Xiaolin Showdown.

1. Honestly, i don't think i would mind the new designs or the CGI thing (mostly), but i really hope they give us good reasons why Wuya is a ghost again, why Chase has an apprentice and why Omi is in charge instead of Raimundo.

2. I guess i could get use to Kimiko, Jack and Chase Young's new voices, but i can't help but wonder that if Jennifer Hale is voicing Kimiko, then who'll be voicing Katnappe?
    You're getting too much into this.

1. There's still no info on what will be the plot of the new season, either it will follow from the last episode but give us hints to why Wuya turn into a ghost or it will be a reboot where they ignore the Hannibal Roybean arc also why are yo insisting Omi is the leader? it only shows Omi by himself, we haven't seen the rest of the guys yet.

2. Uh Voice actors can play multiple characters at once, so Jennifer Hale will voice both Kimiko and Katnappe.

You're exaggerating too much, just wait until something official shows up 2013 will come soon.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

ShokuWarrior is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    You're getting too much into this.

1. There's still no info on what will be the plot of the new season, either it will follow from the last episode but give us hints to why Wuya turn into a ghost or it will be a reboot where they ignore the Hannibal Roybean arc also why are yo insisting Omi is the leader? it only shows Omi by himself, we haven't seen the rest of the guys yet.

2. Uh Voice actors can play multiple characters at once, so Jennifer Hale will voice both Kimiko and Katnappe.

You're exaggerating too much, just wait until something official shows up 2013 will come soon.
    1. It is very confusing because Jennifer Hale stated that XC would be a predecessor (or a prequel to XS), that is impossible seen as how Chase was seen in the clip. You need to remember there is currently talk of 3 seasons, and assuming they all last 26 episodes (like the 1st season) XC could last even longer than XS. They will more than likely rewrite an alternate storyline whereby Chase was a villain in the first season along with Jack and ghostly Wuya, maybe even start with the Apprentice season, so season 2 can be where they are promoted to Wudai warrior and then season 3 will be what would have happened in a fourth season of XS. The CGI battles don't bother me as much, the trailer was just a WIP, so its possible Chase will not look as bad as he did at the end, for the final product show improved versions of the CGI showdowns

2. I can see Hale doing a good job with Kimiko, the voice Grey Delise gave her was not far off Katnappe's voice. I think we need to stop worrying about this until the full voice acting cast is announced

I just don't know why everyone is getting so frustrated about Jack's change of voice, the CGI showdowns, Wuya in her ghostly form, changed SGW names and so fort. Remember that Xiaolin Showdown is coming back, how many of our childhood shows can we recall ever making a comeback, XS was seriously my all-time favourite and I never believed it would come back. We should be grateful that Christy and co have a keen interest in reviving the franchise, and the more we give it a chance, the better the demand will be for them to keep it going. Who knows if we support it enough, maybe the 2nd and 3rd seasons will come out on DVD and more fan merchandise may be on our way.

Aldrius is offline Arrogant Instigator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thought I responded to this.

Since Tony Jay is American-born and yet he's done voice work in Candadian tv shows, he more than likely has dual-citizenship
    I'm almost positive that he doesn't. In fact I am positive that he doesn't.

And he's not the only example of an american actor appearing in a Canadian cartoon/anime dub. I really do not understand why this was suddenly a rule.

Not worth worrying about I suppose, I just find it really strange.

"You still race in the games, do you... guardian?.. For what!? Putting a show on for the masses are we? The young pretender!? To mend and defend... who will defend you the next time we meet!? Have your fun boy... while you can." - Megabyte

"They took everything, Bruce. My dad, my life... you. I'm not saying it's right or even sane... but it's all I have left. So either help me or get out of the way!"

OnePark is offline גורל
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    xiaolinchronicles.com

Seems like we're flashing-back with a new apprentice. Perhaps this is a retelling with a new apprentice?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn - Complicated name, I know but that means there's some good stuff, right?

BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's the official Facebook page for this show: https://www.facebook.com/XiaolinChronicles

According to the page, here's the main cast:
    Tara Strong
    David Kaye
    Eric Bauza
    Jennifer Hale
    Cree Summer
    Michael Donovan

The show will be airing on:
    Gulli & Canal J (France)
    Cartoon Network (Selected European Territories, Latin America, Asia)
    No sign of where it's going to air in the United States so far..
    Last edited by BrianLeague; 07-11-2012 at 06:41 PM.
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Srebak is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Xiaolin Chronicles: canon or not?

I know i'm not the only who has thought this when news about this new show came out.

What do you think it will be: canon to the original series or just similar in name only?

By which i mean, how will this connect to the Original Show?

Will it be what many fans have assumed: a continuation of where the Original show left off or, like some fans have assumed, a midquel that takes place somewhere within the original show's timeline?

Or, will it be something of a remake of the old show, in which it only uses the names of the characters, but follows stories that have no connection to the Original show?

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    There's already a thread about Xiaolin Chronicles at the Cartoon Network forums, so I'm going to merge it with this thread since I don't see the need of keeping these two different threads.

Anyway, I imagine that it would be a continuation. I can't really see it taking place during the middle of the series and they could do more if they went with the characters' futures, rather than a part of their pasts that we didn't see before. I don't think that a reboot is too likely. It hasn't been that long since the original series ended, but that's entirely possible. In any case, it's far too early to know for sure at the moment.