5 38.46%
  • New Show altogether

8 61.54%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    Bubblegum Girl is offline Magic User Wannabe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

To be honest, I haven't been watching Xiaolin Chronicles as of late. But I'm interested in the November's upcoming episodes: Heylin Within and The Mask of the Green Monkey.(Though I fight it odd that the November episodes are been air out of order.) I'm hoping that these episodes are Jack centered episodes. The Green Monkey episode just screams Jack Spicer because of the Year of the Green Monkey episode from the first series.
    Last edited by Bubblegum Girl; 10-21-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Bit Cloud is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lot of Dai Shi fanservice for the ladies this episode, that guy can never keep his shirt on. This episode reveals that Master Monk Guan does exist in this continuity, although his name is now "Guano".

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay I can accept this show as an alternate reality (given there are so many cases of ignoring continuity and the Shen Gong Wu name changes) but it still feels weird when something like Omi not knowing Chase Young was once a good guy happens. That was an important aspect to Chase's character and a big motivation to Omi as well so it just feels weird. Then again this show has a problem of almost feeling like it and the first series could be in continuity.

PokemonTVDub is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was excited about this series, but now I just hate it.

Why even bother to reboot the series if they're going to change so much of the story that was established from the previous series?

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    Okay I can accept this show as an alternate reality (given there are so many cases of ignoring continuity and the Shen Gong Wu name changes) but it still feels weird when something like Omi not knowing Chase Young was once a good guy happens. That was an important aspect to Chase's character and a big motivation to Omi as well so it just feels weird. Then again this show has a problem of almost feeling like it and the first series could be in continuity.
    Omi's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. Is it possible he could've forgotten this?
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Omi's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer. Is it possible he could've forgotten this?
    He maybe naive but Omi knew too well about Chase Young, especially when he tried to change history by changing the fate of Chase and still be a good guy. Here they turn both of them bland where Chase doesn't show much interest on Omi and Omi being intrigue by Chase Young if he has something more then just being evil.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

TT66 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So is this a standalone series?

Srebak is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It certain presents itself as a standalone show, and i have to say, it seems more nonsensical than the last show (which for some reason didn't even come close to this show's level of nonsense).

gdfsgdfg is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I all I have to say about this show is that it has nothing on the original, nothing. And with each new episode I proceed to stab myself at every one of those 3D showdowns...

I hope they end it asap because I can't take it anymore. Also I'm not touching the new teen titans either.
    Last edited by Ed Liu; 03-28-2014 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Removing censored language

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Decided to watch the latest episode.
    I'm sad that one of my favorite Kids WB shows came back like this. The writing is terrible, the Xiaolin CG battles are lame and poorly animated, and them calling out their attacks seem unnecessary and dumb.
    Definitely won't tune in anymore.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel that's been happening a lot with revivals lately. The new Avengers Assemble isn't as good as EMH, Ultimate Spider-Man isn't as good as Spectacular, Teen Titans Go isn't as good as the original, and the upcoming Sonic Boom doesn't look as good as some previous Sonic shows.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    I feel that's been happening a lot with revivals lately. The new Avengers Assemble isn't as good as EMH, Ultimate Spider-Man isn't as good as Spectacular, Teen Titans Go isn't as good as the original, and the upcoming Sonic Boom doesn't look as good as some previous Sonic shows.
    True, but Teen Tians Go! isn't trying to be like the original series, as its strictly comedy. I can't speak for Sonic Boom, though.

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    True, but Teen Tians Go! isn't trying to be like the original series, as its strictly comedy. I can't speak for Sonic Boom, though.
    Indeed unlike Xiaolin, TT Go isn't following on TT where it's all comedy and making fun of some of the stuff TT had shown, Xiaolin on the other hand it's a total mess which you think the creator still being in charge won't have any problems but just like John K. the revival isn't what we imaging.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Monte is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TTG, USM and Sonic Boom are not revivals because they are not trying to be the old shows. Avengers Assembled is not really a revival either, but i guess it could be called a sorta reboot. Also i have no idea what you could be comparing Sonic boom too... not only have we seen nothing but a trailer from Sonic Boom, but 3 out of the 4 sonic series sucked; Sonic SatAM was the last good one and that was way back in the 90's... Not to mention a counter to your argument about revivals turning out bad might be shows like Transformers Prime, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, GI Joe renegades, and My little Pony, all of which turned out great. Though again, i wouldn't really call any of these revivals... I feel like a revival is when a show tries to recapture what the old show was, or continues from it. Xaolin Chronicles might technically be more of a reboot, but its enough the same that i would call it a revival.

Y'know this is exactly WHY i never had any desire for an actual Teen Titans revival... The chances of the revival being the same would have been slim. What makes this shows great is not in their characters or their setting, but in the CREW that created those characters and settings. If a show has been dead for too long, then the chances of pulling together the same old crew that made the series great before is slim, and once you start changing your writers and directors, then its kind of up in the air whether or not the show would be any good. Even getting the creator onboard isn't enough cause the creator doesn't make every story or write every script; he can provide some much needed creative direction, but making a great series is a team effort, a combination of talents.

Xiaolin Chronicles comes off as a pale imitation of its former self. With the characters it feels like they only grasped the most noticeable qualities of the characters and nothing else. There isn't really any build up or pay off for the old villains; the old show built up their villains, but the new one acts like we should already know them; they just feel empty. They did away with some of the positive changes from the previous series, and the stories just aren't very good; honestly they made a shen gon wu that could bring drawings to life and WASTE the idea on weasel boy? And Ping pong has to be one of the worst additions to the show; he's basically just a younger version of Omi and doesn't really add anything.
    Last edited by Monte; 03-29-2014 at 09:47 PM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13