Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by SF4Ever View Post
    Truthfully speaking, I'd like to see that happen, too. Now, if it becomes a hit, since not everyone has Disney XD, I'd like to see Disney Channel schedule Tron: Uprising as part of Toonin' Saturday and maybe schedule it, opposite Cartoon Network's long-running Star Wars: The Clone Wars. One aspect of Saturday morning television has been missing for years and that's competitive animated programming and if Tron: Uprising becomes a hit on Disney XD, I'd like to see Disney Channel schedule it on Toonin' Saturday. Imagine the possibility of two animated programs, based on feature film properties, competing against each other for audience ratings and viewership. It could happen if Disney Channel is considering bringing Tron: Uprising onto its schedule, if it becomes a hit- only time will tell.
    That'd definitely be a great thing to happen for Disney. But Tron: Uprising would have a slight disadvantage. Clone Wars has had 4 seasons to build up a fanbase, whereas Uprising would be coming right out of the gate.

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Talon View Post
    That'd definitely be a great thing to happen for Disney. But Tron: Uprising would have a slight disadvantage. Clone Wars has had 4 seasons to build up a fanbase, whereas Uprising would be coming right out of the gate.
    True, but if Tron: Uprising becomes a hit, it would be at least season 2, before Disney Channel can even consider bringing the program over from Disney XD and possibly scheduling it on Toonin' Saturday, opposite Cartoon Network's Star Wars: The Clone Wars. My guess is both programs would end up in a ratings stalemate, with neither program gaining the advantage on the other, but again, only time will tell. Still, it's a start, but Disney increasing variety in its programming can really be good, especially when it comes to having animated sci-fi/fantasy adventure on its airwaves.
    Last edited by SF4Ever; 02-25-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If I'm understanding this show's production correctly, it's being written as a 10-part miniseries, which would mean that there wouldn't be a "second season" of any kind. In other words, Tron: Uprising would only span those 10 episodes. Besides, Tron: Legacy has to happen some time, right? IMHO, it wouldn't be right for the franchise if they kept delaying things in order to keep it going for as long as possible. Not only that, but it would take attention away from both movies. As far as I can tell, that's not what they're going for here.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, it's intended to be a miniseries. Well then, I guess I can go back to my original statement that I hope the episodes will be an hour long, & not 30 mins long.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Disney has given a new press release for Tron: Uprising.

"TRON: UPRISING"– An impressive group of artists, animators, writers, directors and producers have delivered an exciting new series that combines 3D and 2D animation for a revolutionary visual aesthetic. The exciting storyline takes place between the two "TRON" feature films and introduces Beck, who has been chosen to lead the mission to free his home, a computer world known as The Grid, from the reign of the villainous Clu and his henchman General Tesler. Beck will be trained by the greatest warrior The Grid has ever known, Tron. The executive producer/director is Charlie Bean ("Robotboy," "Samurai Jack" and "Powerpuff Girls") and the consulting producers are Edward Kitsis, Adam Horowitz (both screenwriters of "TRON: Legacy" / executive producers of ABC's "Lost" and "Once Upon a Time") and Justin Springer (co-producer of "TRON: Legacy"). The music is composed by Joseph Trapanese ("TRON: Legacy"). The voice cast is: Elijah Wood, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Mandy Moore, Nate Corddry, Lance Henriksen, Paul Reubens, Reginald VelJohnson and Bruce Boxleitner. The series is a production of Disney Television Animation.

Still no premiere date.

the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's great news! Would've been better if we saw an exact date, but this is still pretty good. At least we only have to wait 2 months for Tron:Uprising.

MetroSparkster is offline ...has nothing to say.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For those who missed the sneak peak:
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/30/tr...econd-trailer/

Premieres June 7th!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroSparkster View Post
    For those who missed the sneak peak:
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/30/tr...econd-trailer/

Premieres June 7th!
    Hooray, an official premiere date! Pretty sweet trailer too.