Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    We waited like 5 years for the latest Tiny Toons and Animaniacs, so why not Gargoyles.
    That was WB, not Disney, and WB still haven't finished The Zeta Project or released JLU on BR.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
    Well you have to remember that the second set was significantly more expensive than the initial set. That probably turned people off I know at the time I almost didn't buy it because of how much more expensive it was.

I also remember at the time that a lot of people thought that Disney releasing the second half was a give in so they wanted to hold off until that happened.
    Ah yes, the proverbial catch-22. How joyous.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    No, they're real pressed discs.
    Then that sounds way, way, way, way too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    Well, I was a diligent DVD purchaser back then, when Season 2 came out. I had to search four stores to get my copy. I went to my local Best Buy, they only ordered a few (meaning less than 10) and sold out. I went to Circuit City, same deal. Walmart didn't even have it on their shelves. Fry's was the same exact thing. I ultimately think I had to find it at a Best Buy that was further away from me, and even the guy who helped me was surprised. We discussed what was happening, and this was right before they got rid of their Anime selection in stores if you remember. He said what happened was the stores didn't feel the need to order that many of the DVD. Season 1 sold very well, the problem with Season 2 factors in of two faults:

1. It was more expensive than Season 1, which only had 13 eps on 1 disc.

2. The stores simply didn't order enough, which resulted in people, even fans, not aware that it even existed.
    Hmm. So Disney themselves did at least mess up a bit? You'd think any interested parties would've just bought the stuff online anyway.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The following email was forwarded to me.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the Gargoyles series. We value your interest in Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.

Great news! Gargoyles: Season 2, Volume 2 will be a Disney Movie Club Exclusive title, tentatively scheduled for a June 25th, 2013 release. To find out more about this wonderful title please contact the Disney Movie Club by calling 1-888-257-9100, or by e-mail at: DMCQuestions@movieclubinfo.com and a Cast Member will be happy to assist you!

Gargoyles: Season 3 has not been released on Blu-ray or DVD. Although we do not have a tentative release date set, we would be happy to share with the rest of our team that you would like to have this available for purchase! Your feedback helps us build a better experience for all of our guests and is truly appreciated!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 1-800-723-4763 (Canada: 1-888-877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Sincerely,
    Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Consumer Relations
    US and Canada

PokemonTVDub is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is great news!

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My good lord, FINALLY. It's not ideal, but after this long a wait for the opportunity beggars can't be choosers.

Edit: Just got off of the phone with the Disney Movie Club people. Season 2 part 2 of Gargoyles will cost $19.99 for movie club members (edit: er, $19.95 apparently). It can't be part of the buy-four-movies-for-$1 type of promotion they give you when you join, it will count toward the typical movie club arrangement where you commit to buying a given number of DVDs (or Blu-Rays) at sticker price over a set period of time.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

bat313 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow first Goof Troop and now this! This is great news!

Has anyone asked if they plan on finishing Ducktales or Darkwing Duck?

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So yes, to get Gargoyles Disney is making you commit to buying other things from them. I understand that to some, this would suck and not without reason. The literal obligation of buying movies at retail price sounds lame. However, the qualify of the deal is a matter of perspective. Below I'm going to cross post this thing I wrote talking about why this can be worth doing for reasons besides wanting all of Gargoyles on your shelf.
    A few words on the obligations of the Disney Movie Club. While I'm certainly not saying this is ideal (that would be a general release, and there are individual cases where the movie club may not have much to offer), the potential advantage of the movie club lies in the deal you get when you join and average cost. Typically their promotion is 4 DVDs for $1 when you join. In the worst case scenario, here is the math: $19.95 x 5 movies ($99.75) + $3.95 shipping x 5 if separately purchased ($19.75) + 4 $1 DVDs. Divide the total of $123.50 by 9 movies and that rounds to $13.70 per disc (or season set).

If you play it smart, you can do better and save about $3 per DVD. When you join they let you buy two bonus DVDs for $14.95 and $9.95 that count toward that five-DVD requirement, and there's no shipping charge. Shipping charges go down if you buy multiple discs at once also. In the optimal case, the math goes like so: first 4 $1 DVDs + 1 $14.95 DVD + 1 $9.95 DVD = $28.90 when joining. Add that to $19.95 x 3 DVDs ($59.85) + $3.95 shipping for 1 disc and $2.98 shipping for the other two. $95.68 / 9 = $10.63. You'll have saved $27.82 on the DVD membership.

The optimal method is *definitely* what you want to do if you want to have some Blu-ray discs / Blu-ray & DVD combo packs. With Blu-Ray membership everything costs $29.95 (including DVDs...yeah), an extra $10 compared to the DVD plan. If you take the best deal when you join you'll need to buy three movies that way, so instead of $95.68 it should be $125.68 - marginally more than if you were being inefficient with the DVD plan (the average rounds out to $13.96).

The optimal method doesn't get you what I'd call an amazing deal in our world where you can get a DVD for $5 or a Blu-ray for $8 out of a bargain bin, but it could be a "good" deal if you play your cards right and there are gaps in your library that you want to fill. Only you can decide if doing that and having Gargoyles justifies the expense. If you're an avid Disney collector, maybe not.

But that being said, lately Disney has been VERY aggressive about bringing its catalog to Blu-ray. Many more BD releases are coming this year, and we're at the point where by Fall 2014 it's not impossible that every theatrical film Disney has made since The Great Mouse Detective will be on Blu-ray (at the least I'd bet the farm Aladdin is 2014's Diamond Edition, and it and Tarzan have already seen BD releases in the UK). I would hope most would have good candidates to choose from. Frankly, even if you were to be smacked with a worst-case $39.99 price point on your three extra BD releases with the optimal method, there isn't a circumstance where you're going to break an average charge of 18 bucks - let alone $20. Considering the prices that the likes of the Blu-Ray releases for the likes of Brave and the Peter Pan Diamond Edition typically pre-order for (I don't think I've seen a better deal than $23, and that's at best), in the big picture the movie club actually can amount to a good deal.

Personally, that kind of money for Disney Blu-rays + approx 600 minutes of Gargoyles is something I can live with.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Gregatron is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the great news James.

r0derix is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have never used looked into this Disney Movie Club before, but this actually looks like a decent deal. I could get all the Avenger's: Earth's Mightiest Heroes DVDs, along with Pixar movies and the rest of Gargoyles as part of this. That's not bad.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, hot dang!
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    The following email was forwarded to me.
    So a Cast Member will take my order? I hope Marina Sirtis is available?

John Pannozzi is offline Just call me "J-Ko"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll wait about a year. Hopefully by then the Great Muppet Caper and Muppet Treasure Island will be available on Blu-ray and maybe some more shows will be available as exclusives.

Leviathan is offline "It's against nature!"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This'll be the first time DMC has finished a show that Disney's regular retail arm has left for dead.

That bodes well for the others (DuckTales, Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, et al.)
    Zim: "I thought the Tallest killed you."
    Skoodge "Yeah, but I'm all right now."
    Mad Jack the Pirate: "You were DEAD! How do you get better from being DEAD, you Scottish twit?!??"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't suppose Amazon will have it? No, of course not. And after all the fans he done to get it released, it'd be wrong to buy it on eBay. But I so don't want any other Disney stuff.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanshotfirst113 View Post
    I don't suppose Amazon will have it? No, of course not. And after all the fans he done to get it released, it'd be wrong to buy it on eBay. But I so don't want any other Disney stuff.
    Amazon has had every other Disney Movie Club release after a few days. They're third-party sellers, and you may have to pay a bit more, but you don't have to join the Club.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just e-mailed TVShowsOnDVD. Hopefully they'll spread the word so that more people can get this. Then if it does well, Disney may consider releasing other shows (Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, etc).

dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope Disney can do the same for Spider-Man:TAS and The 90's Hulk also.
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Additional details have been passed over from the Disney Movie Club:

GARGOYLES: SEASON 2, VOLUME 2 will be released as an exclusive title in the Club on 6/25/13. The synopsis is:

The ancient struggle between heroes and villains continues among the skyscrapers and bridges of a modern metropolis as GARGOYLES returns for a second season. It's an adventure one thousand years in the making! Goliath, Hudson, Broadway and Brooklyn are back from their stone-cold sleep and ready to save humanity from evil gargoyle clans, banshees and legendary monsters. But will Demona's diabolical plan to exterminate mankind prove to be the Gargoyles' final reckoning? Prepare for thrills and chills in this collectible 3-disc DVD set of GARGOYLES Season 2 Volume 2.

We have no release information about GARGOYLES: SEASON 3 at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On the downside, this probably means no extras. Someone should ask Greg Wiseman about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post

Amazon has had every other Disney Movie Club release after a few days. They're third-party sellers, and you may have to pay a bit more, but you don't have to join the Club.
    Netflix, however, probably won't.

So what's the date that's set?
    Last edited by Hanshotfirst1138; 05-30-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    "

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well it took a long time but it's happening that's great. Yeah this is not ideal, far from it but as they say beggars can't be choosers. Yes maybe more Disney cartoons will follow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to this, Talespin Volume 3 will also release June 25 on the Disney Movie Club

TALESPIN VOLUME 3 to be the second DMC Release with GARGOYLES | Open Vault Disney

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast