Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    GregX is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanshotfirst113 View Post
    This. "Tenuous" could mean just that, so we'll see.
    Well, I have reason to believe that this is happening. I am convinced. So, if you don't own the first DVD's, now is the time to pick them up.

Desensitized is offline Old School!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh man, finally. Here's hoping this goes through!

Antiyonder is offline Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Why doesn't just go and develop an MOD system like what Warner Bros. is doing for a lot of their older cartoons. I mean Kim Possible got season sets, granted they were only available to customers with "Reward" points and the creators of Phineas and Ferb have been pushing for season sets, but Disney doesn't seem to think that there is any market for these.
    Considering that the first volume of Season 2 sold less that the first season, they are justified in thinking that.

So I repeat, if Disney is indeed releasing the last portion of Season 2, then anyone interested should be ready and willing to to buy the set the moment it's released. Doing so will give prove to them that the is as you say a market for old cartoons.
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.

Luna is offline Daydreamer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well,if this is true,and they do finally release the rest of Gargoyles on DVD,then yes,I will buy it as soon as it's released...Gargoyles is one of my favorite animated series (If not for the existance of Futurama and South Park,it'd be my #1)....

At this point,I'd even be willing to buy a "complete series" set,despite already owning the previous two Gargoyles sets (as I've already done with Jem)...
    "Yeah,well,I've got a dream too.But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy.That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with.And well,I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream.And it kind of makes us like a family." -Kermit the Frog (The Muppet Movie)

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, kind of an update I guess, but not huge. It's been a while since I heard anything, so I emailed Disney again on this. Here is the response:
    Dear Jon,
    Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your interest and are happy to answer your questions.
    There are tentative plans to release GARGOYLES SEASON 2, VOLUME 2 and GARGOYLES SEASON 3 in 2012. No further release details are available at this time.
    To view our release calendar and see what great titles are currently available and coming soon, please visit http://disneydvd.disney.go.com/release-calendar.htm.
    Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
    Sincerely,
    Walt Disney Studios Distribution
    US and Canada
    So there is basic confirmation of Season 2 Volume 2, but we now know that Disney is interested in releasing The Goliath Chronicles on DVD, which I'm sure will divide fans.

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Seven months to go. Get a-moving, then, guys!
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It's been a while, but they've finally returned....press kits, prototypes, gorgeous neon signs, Sonic with a watermelon.....it must be THINGS YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE, Summer '14 Edition!

Gregatron is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spideyzilla View Post
    Well, kind of an update I guess, but not huge. It's been a while since I heard anything, so I emailed Disney again on this. Here is the response:

So there is basic confirmation of Season 2 Volume 2, but we now know that Disney is interested in releasing The Goliath Chronicles on DVD, which I'm sure will divide fans.

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear they still have plans and haven't forgotten about it.

DisneyBoy is offline Searchin' My Soul
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's an awesome update Spidey! Thanks for passing it along! Here's hoping they involve Greg a bit. It would also be cool for him to speak a bit about the late Gargoyles comics, and how the ideas he put to use there might have materialized differently on-screen.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I certainly have a wish list for this release. I want an episode commentary on Hunter's Moon, which is my personal favourite storyline in the series. The episode introductions with Greg are fine I guess. I also want the leica reel for Gargoyle: Bad Guys that has only been shown at Gatherings. It hasn't been released because they want it shown at the Gathering and they're afraid showing it will decrease the chances of Disney making it into a series. But the Gathering is finished and I think the fact it was made into a comic book kills the chances of it becoming an animated series, so they may as well release it on the DVD. I want to see it!:anime: Now the big question is what to put on the DVD for TGC. Maybe have Greg Weisman do a commentary on The Journey, but outside of that I don't know. A featurette on the comic book series maybe?
    Last edited by Spideyzilla; 05-30-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First off, sorry for the double post. Just trying to bump this a little. I think we should really push Disney some more for this. Keep emailing them, maybe see if we can't start a Twitter campaign (#ReleaseGargoylesDVDs or something like that) It was a Twitter campaign that brought back Toonami which was an amazing accomplishment. Tentative is not for sure, and these plans could be killed. Let's keep up the interest.