Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    UmmYeahOk is offline l33t haxx0r Narf!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mickey's Christmas Carol

Like This Thread!
    Does anyone know when they'll air a Mickey's Christmas Carol? They've aired Once upon a xmas, and twice upon a xmas so many freakin times, I almost HATE xmas! However, wheres this wonderful classic? it didnt go song of the south on me, did it? The 25th is approaching, and I fear the worse.
    When it comes to cartoons, us old-timers only have a 6 minute attention span - Tiny Toon Adventures

Once again, a knife-wielding maniac has shown us the way. - The Simpsons

-Your stick figures suck!
    -No, Penny, that's kanji, the Japanese writing we told your parents we're teaching you.
    -Right. ******bags use it for tattoos.
    -Or on this show, when they're too lazy to change things to English.
    - Shin Chan

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd be surprised if Disney Channel aired it. They seem to only be interested in their recent stuff. Fortunately, I have MICKEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL on the recent Mickey DVD collection. I would love to see it on Disney Channel, though, just to know they still like it.

I still have A DISNEY CHANNEL CHRISTMAS on tape from 1983, and I like watching it every year around this time. Makes me long for the Disney Channel days of old when they showed their classic Disney holiday shorts, like "Donald's Snow Fight" and "Pluto's Christmas Tree" (two of my all-time favorites), and even the much older ones like "Santa's Workshop" and "The Night Before Christmas."

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have it on tape. It is the second greatest Christmas special after The Grinch. I want it on DVD but I think the only way to do that is to buy the Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in the House of Mouse DVD which editted some of the credits I think by having applause over them at the beginning.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

mac
    mac is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fone Bone
    I have it on tape. It is the second greatest Christmas special after The Grinch. I want it on DVD but I think the only way to do that is to buy the Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in the House of Mouse DVD which editted some of the credits I think by having applause over them at the beginning.
    You can get Mickey's Christmas Carol - complete with titels and in OAR on the DVD "Mickey Mouse in Living Color Vol 2". Not only that, but the DVD has a bunch of great shorts including SYMPHONY HOUR, PLUTO'S CHRISTMAS TREE, LITTLE WHIRLWIND, RUNAWAY BRAIN...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was wondering: on the MICKEY IN LIVING COLOR 2 set, MICKEY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL apears to be in widescreen. Is this genuine?

Lehteb is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They aired Mickey's Christmas Carol on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) just last Tuesday. They tend to edit (albeit minor) any American cartoon they show for some reason.

TimTwoFace is offline Mod, and Minotaur Bait
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They used to always air that classic during the Wonderful World of Disney sometime in December each year. It's a true gem and I've always loved it.

Fortunately I have it on tape, but it'd be sad to see another classic holiday cartoon bite the dust for no apparent reason. The kids today would still like it, too!

-Tim
    CANADA

Hordesman is offline slashor
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is the "making of" feature only on the original VHS? I always love watching it after MCC finishes.

Oh, and what's up with "Small One"? I rented it as a kid, but it didn't get in my collection until a local video store went under and sold me some videos. Is it based on some legend? Rankin-Bass made a version called Nestor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's no "making of" on my old tape, but there is one on MICKEY IN LIVING COLOR, VOL. 2.

UmmYeahOk is offline l33t haxx0r Narf!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    <bump>

Ok its been a year! Where is it?!?

Disney owns how many freakin channels? Did I miss it? Seems Wonderful World of Disney material
    When it comes to cartoons, us old-timers only have a 6 minute attention span - Tiny Toon Adventures

Once again, a knife-wielding maniac has shown us the way. - The Simpsons

-Your stick figures suck!
    -No, Penny, that's kanji, the Japanese writing we told your parents we're teaching you.
    -Right. ******bags use it for tattoos.
    -Or on this show, when they're too lazy to change things to English.
    - Shin Chan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast