View Poll Results: Is Scrooge McDuck dead?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO!

12 75.00%
  • YES!

4 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cartoon freak is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Scrooge McDuck - dead?

Like This Thread!
    Hi everybody!

According to Don Rosa is Scrooge McDuck dead today! Don Rosa mean that Scrooge died in 1967. Do you agree? Do you mean and think Scrooge McDuck is dead?
    With kindly greetings from Norway!
    Sincere,
    Cartoon Freak, 14

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Uh, could you rephrase that into a coherent sentence, please? That whole post went totally over my head, sorry.
    Recent fun stuff:
    - From the Ashes [JLU, C]
    - The Dark Knight Triumphant

"Mmm, bacon."
    "Stop it."

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverKnight
    Uh, could you rephrase that into a coherent sentence, please? That whole post went totally over my head, sorry.
    The version of Uncle Scrooge from the Disney comics (not the DuckTales series) created by Carl Barks and continued by Keno Don Rosa was a layered continuity in which Scrooge was a sourdough in the Yukon near the turn of the century and amassed his fortune early on in the twentieth. The comic stories were set in the 1950s (Barks set them there because it was current and Rosa set it there for consistancy) and Bark's heir apparrant has said that Scrooge died in 1967-the year Barks' last Scrooge story appeared. In Rosa's version Scrooge has indeed passed on (few Disney character are "dead") although there are MANY comic book writers who have Scrooge alive in the present day be they talented (William Van Horn) or not (Geoffrey Blum.)

So yes, Barks and Rosa's version is dead. But really, if you think about it so are Ariel, Aladdin, Belle, The Beast, The Gummi Bears, Baloo, Pochahontas, Quasimodo, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Bambi, Dumbo, Pinochio, Lady, Tramp, all 101 Dalmations and a ton of other characters that existed in the past.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ahh, okay then. Thanks.
    Recent fun stuff:
    - From the Ashes [JLU, C]
    - The Dark Knight Triumphant

"Mmm, bacon."
    "Stop it."

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Comic Scrooge, RIP

Animated Scrooge (Ducktales, House of Mouse, etc), still living the high life and pinching pennies wherever he can.

Tak Mazé is offline Jawbreaker!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias
    Comic Scrooge, RIP

Animated Scrooge (Ducktales, House of Mouse, etc), still living the high life and pinching pennies wherever he can.
    Life is good ^_^... Hey, where'd my wallet go? 0.o

Ian
    Ian is offline ˇMierda santa! ˇNinjas!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are you sure about this? I've always thought that the unsaid reason why Launchpad and Gizmoduck ended up in St. Canard was because the ol' geezer bought it (at the cheapest price possible). It's especially weird to have Launchpad unenployed after he actually learned how to not crash.

Crow is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who did his voice? What's he done on House of Mouse?

Ducktales was the best of the toon series back then when you also had Rescue Rangers, Talespin, and Darkwing Duck on at the same time.

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow
    Who did his voice? What's he done on House of Mouse?

Ducktales was the best of the toon series back then when you also had Rescue Rangers, Talespin, and Darkwing Duck on at the same time.
    Alan Young, who was best known as Wilbur on Mister Ed voiced Scrooge on DuckTales.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

Frank15 is offline Uptight, Yet Ditzy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone else walk into this thread, expecting to read about Alan Young having died, or something? So not nice a trick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast