Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MouseEars07 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whatever happend to Max's Mom?

Like This Thread!

Could anyone answer this question? It seem thaqt the show, "Goof Troop", never ever explained why.

Church is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think she died, but I'm not 100% sure.

Pic1360 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well Goofy was married, no doubt about it. In some of the old Disney shorts, his
    wife was heard (only her hands was shown at times in some scenes which were human).

TimTwoFace is offline Mod, and Minotaur Bait
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's odd that, out of the classic Disney characters, Goofy was the only one that never had a recurring romantic interest (Mickey/Minnie, Donald/Daisy), yet he's the only one to date that actually has a kid of his own. Everyone else had nieces or nephews. Go figure, eh?

That said, I don't think the old Disney shorts are in any way connected to Goof Troop, A Goofy Movie, or any of the modern Goofy-related cartoons. I don't recall his wife/Max's mom mentioned either. Was this at all addressed in An Extremely Goofy Movie? I haven't seen that one yet.

-Tim
    CANADA

BlackoutCreature is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well this is Disney after-all. I wouldnt be surprised if they announced that Goofy could breed asexually.

KylieP is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What's Max's mom's name?

Fone Bone is offline Bonehead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The idea that Goofy had sex at some point in his life is just creepy.
    Matt Zimmer!
    "I'm not Smiley! I'm a real cow! Moo! Think I'll chew me some cud!"-- Smiley Bone a.k.a. the Mystery Cow in Bone: The Great Cow Race.
    "I knew we made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet," Calvin's Dad from Calvin and Hobbes.

JDWeil is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There was an attempt to give Goofy a girlfriend in the comic strip back in '68/9. Her name was Glorybee

slackermonkey is offline Save The Day
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Goofy got a love interest in "An Extremely Goofy Movie" - the college librarian. It wasn't his wife/Max's mother, but still a love interest.

I've always wondered why Max's mom was never mentioned. I vaguely remember an episode of Goof Troop where Pete's wife tried to prep Goofy for a date, but that's the closest they've come to mentioning Goofy even having a love life.

Lucky Bob is offline I'M BRIAN BLESSED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I heard from some sources back in the day that Max was adopted.

My take: Goofy and Max are fictional characters who were created and remodeled often to suit the demands of the entertainment-driven public, often by different writers and animators. It is naturally assumed that people will accept the fact that Goofy is a single dad without explaination because...well...he's Goofy. Thus, we should all just assume that stuff happened, so the Disney Store can sell more Max plush toys, lunchboxes, skateboards, and stylish underwear, bab-ay!

Now, where's my Metamucil....

Merrytoon is offline is just drawn that way
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Bob
    I heard from some sources back in the day that Max was adopted.
    Can't be. He looks just like him, and has his laugh. Surrogate maybe? (Now THAT would make for an interesting cartoon).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always assumed that she died while giving birth and until we are informed other wise that will be the truth for me. You can't change my mind! No one can . . . .blarg . . .

I do recall one cartoon with Mrs. Goofy from back in the day. Goofy was going to spank Max with a hairbrush. I didn't like that as a kid. It just didn't seem Goofy but hey, parents gotta be tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress of Fuz
    I do recall one cartoon with Mrs. Goofy from back in the day. Goofy was going to spank Max with a hairbrush. I didn't like that as a kid. It just didn't seem Goofy but hey, parents gotta be tough.
    Did Max even exist in the older shorts? If I remember correctly, Goofy did have a kid in some of the older cartoons, but he was nameless and had a faint fuzz of red hair. I like the current son version, personally - it's also nice to see that Max has managed to continue to exist outside of the GOOF TROOP continuity.

In fact, I met him at California Adventure earlier this month.

-Tim
    CANADA

angelidollinda is offline The Toon Geek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Divorce, maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wait, my mistake. It was Goof Jr not Max. I think I like Max better. I think he's evolved into a rather likable character . . unlike the nephews. Just don't care too much for Huey, Dewey, and Louie.

Anyway I suppose divorce could be a possibility as well. Still you'd think we'd hear something about her at least existing.

Church is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Something inside me seems to remember a heartfelt moment on gooftroop where Max feels sad he doesn't have a mom, and Goofy sympathysing whith him, which makes me think she died. And it's just too weird that a disney character could get divorced. (I know there are other disney charactersm but come on, how could you get angry enough with goofy to divorce him?)

Stump > Plank- Invader Lorb

Merrytoon is offline is just drawn that way
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress of Fuz
    Wait, my mistake. It was Goof Jr not Max. I think I like Max better. I think he's evolved into a rather likable character . . unlike the nephews. Just don't care too much for Huey, Dewey, and Louie.
    Yes. And the coolest thing about Max is that they aged him. O don't remember any other disney toon getting older.

Master Moron is offline Forum Elder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember having a conversation with someone at a job I had several years ago about this very subject. The person I was talking to had a theory that Clarabell Cow was Max's mother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrytoon
    Yes. And the coolest thing about Max is that they aged him. O don't remember any other disney toon getting older.
    They sort of did that with the nephews in QUACK PACK, but I never really watched that show...

It was cool how they aged Max and PJ, though. They were both 11 in GOOF TROOP (when it aired in 1992), then when A GOOFY MOVIE came out they were both 14 (in 1995), and five years later in AN EXTREMELY GOOFY MOVIE (which i haven't seen yet) they're college age - 18 or 19 or so...and that movie came out in what, 2000? Funny how it nearly perfectly fits real time, too.

-Tim
    CANADA

KylieP is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I need to know what's Max's mom's name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast