Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    tucsoncoyote is offline Time to get my "Game face" on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go Team Go.. (oh yeah and More Oh Bother about POOH)

Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JDWeil
    Further news from the Disney war front. According to CNN, a full 30% of Disney stocholders have been advised to abstain from voting in upcoming stockholders meeting. While this dos not constitute a "dump Eisner" move it does amount to a vote of "no confidence" and should give the Board Of Directors something to think about. Meanwhile, Disney stock continues to rise and ComCast is watching this very closely.
    Indeed and in fact JD there's even more news in the Eisner Dam... and the leaks are springing up faster then water thrrough a Sieve...

Let's Face it, Eisner's Dam is about to bust... Considering that 2 California Retirement Funds (Cal-PERS, and Cal-STRS, (The State Teacher Retirement fun, and 30th in size of DIsney Shareholdings with 8.8 Million Shares) ), not to mention New York's Pension and Connecticut's Public Employee's Retirement Funs (in all between these 4 Comapnies, 26 MILLION Disney shares and a Total state value of over 155 BILLION (with a B!) Dollars have decided to vote no.. on Eisner's Sorry butt...

Let's fact it 30 % would be a Blessing and would indeed send a VERY strong message to Eisner and the Board that they Royally Messed up...

add to that the fact that the POOH case in Califronia has gone from bad to worse and the Lawyers are asking for the 13 YEAR old case to be tossed from the courts is perhaps more reason why Eisner's going to have 6 More nights of Sleeplessness.. and then a Long night of Sleeplessness on March 3rd after the No vote finally does him in..

He's going to be sitting there, on that Night, asking himself..How in the world did I royally Mess this up? and he'll still be clueless!

After all he have indeed had problems in the last 10 years.. and it's time to Step down.. after all there is now really no way in heck he can win this war..

Cryptozoology 101: The truth is real.

Friday nights on CN.. Action, Adventure, and.. Chilli Fries?

Kim Possible 2002-2007. Save the Cheerleader, Save the World. and for one brief Moment, we the fans, did save the world.

Yamal is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^__^

I truly hope so, Tucsoncoyote. I'm looking forward to check what happens during the Philadelphia meeting. As for "he will be clueless"... Do you think so? I'm completely sure he has a clear idea about what's going on around the Disney Corporation, he just doesn't want to admit it to the public opinion, because that would be admitting his mistakes and face them, which is not willing to do.

SSJPabs is offline It's just us
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Big News! More Dominoes!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...dc_4&printer=1

Key Grafs:
    The campaign to unseat Walt Disney Co. (NYSE:DIS - news) Chief Executive and Chairman Michael Eisner gained momentum on Thursday as New York and at least five other state pension funds joined California in saying they would vote against his reelection to the board.

With pension funds from California, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Virginia and Oregon joined in the opposition, more than 30 million shares held by pensions, or about 1.5 percent of Disney stock, are lined up against Eisner.
    Looks like Eisner is starting to tread on thin ice. Normally I find Tusconcoyote's statements to be very optomistic when they regard removal of Eisner but I think he's right on the money this time. The only thing I am concerned about is time. March 3 isn't that far way. Otherwise, pull up a chair, pass the popcorn, I think we're going to see the end of a dictator.
    Don't look at this space.

Maxie Zeus is offline Upside Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is the ice starting to crack?

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=1164147

Now Disney itself says that probably 30% (or more) of shareholders will withhold their support. And we've got members of the board going on the record, saying that they are weighing various options. But no matter how they slice it, it's going to come down to one of two: screw the shareholders by doing nothing, or dumping Eisner.

If I were Roy, here's the place where I'd get Steve Jobs to make an offer Disney can't refuse: sell Pixar to the Mouse and let Jobs take over from Eisner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Logic... and the Magic...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie Zeus
    Is the ice starting to crack?

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=1164147

Now Disney itself says that probably 30% (or more) of shareholders will withhold their support. And we've got members of the board going on the record, saying that they are weighing various options. But no matter how they slice it, it's going to come down to one of two: screw the shareholders by doing nothing, or dumping Eisner.

If I were Roy, here's the place where I'd get Steve Jobs to make an offer Disney can't refuse: sell Pixar to the Mouse and let Jobs take over from Eisner.
    First off my random Quote of the day...:

It's not the Speed of the vehicle you're driving in or Flying that kills you.. It's the Sudden Stop.. that does..

In Eisner's case here, he's in big big big Trouble.. and for good reason..
    I just found out (on one of the Local Financial Channels, CNBC to be exact), that Eisner's Vote could easily go as high as what is quoted .. or even more..

Virginia, and North Carolina Have now jumped on to the Bandwagon to Withhold votes for Eisner and the Board, and It would really surprise me if this isn't what I call "Spring Cleaning.. with a tornado."

Dave the Barbarian: Time to Clean the CAAAAAAAAASTLE!

but what would be fun to see is what you suggested Maxie, and in fact I see something even a bit more hypothetical..

Comcast, along with Pixar comes in and joins up with Disney... and makes one of the largest entertainment studios that not only delves into 3D CGI animation but returns to Traditional 2D animation as well.

but I'm not saying Pixar couldn't make an offer and Roy and the Disney corporation couldn't handle.. after all if Jobs came in and Revitalized Disney in such a Way perhaps the shareholders in due time would see that maybe, just maybe, they could put their Trust back into Disney.. after all in terms of returns on shares, Disney has been WAY underproducing their Rivals (Pixar has been always above the return status so the Logic here would be sound)..

Believe me Eisner at this point would rather be writing out his Resignation letter rather then a victory speech.. as for Comcast, and Pixar.. either one of these two combining with Disney could and would be a Godsend for the ailing Company.. and Jobs would be the Logical Choice to be put into play here.. after all we're talking a Man who right now for this Month alone, has a 94% Postive Rating for a CEO...according to Forbes Magazine.

She-go: You're Working with High Confidence here, aren't you Mr. Jobs?

but all in all I think anything with Steve Jobs in the picture will be a Plus and won't set Disney back any.. but I have a feeling that come March 4th, at least 3 to 4 people on the Disney board will be holding up signs that say "Will work for Food". and I already can see that Eisner and Mitchell will be two of them.. a third most likely will be Estrin, and there is a SLIM outside chance the 4th will be Iger...

but Let's just hope that once Eisner and his "Disney Mafia" are gone, and once things get "Back to Normal" perhaps we can see a rebalancing and a reinnovation begin at Disney.. Jobs would be the Logical Choice, but really anyone on his Pixar Staff could be tapped..but the main question would be whom?

Kim Possible 2002-2007. Save the Cheerleader, Save the World. and for one brief Moment, we the fans, did save the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Domino Effect... (and I'll have a Pizza!)

Quote Originally Posted by SSJPabs
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...dc_4&printer=1

[/font]Looks like Eisner is starting to tread on thin ice. Normally I find Tusconcoyote's statements to be very optomistic when they regard removal of Eisner but I think he's right on the money this time. The only thing I am concerned about is time. March 3 isn't that far way. Otherwise, pull up a chair, pass the popcorn, I think we're going to see the end of a dictator.
    SSJ, you can now add in yet another state... North Carolina.. to the rest.. after all they don't want to be caught out in this massive fallout..

Already the financial Channels are speculating which side is going to win, but I think this is pretty much an open and shut Case.. with Eisner and Mitchell getting the boot, and Estrin not too far behind on their heels..

Some financial Channels and speculators are saying that Disney's NO vote on Eisner could be so Massive, that this could be that Eisner's Walking not on Thin Ice, but trying to seem to "Walk on Quicksand.."

Let's face Facts, Eisner's going to have to Explain to a LOT of folks WHY he did what he did 6 YEARS ago.. after all they just released some new data that deals with Him and Ovitz.. and believe me, whatever is going down, this Domino Effect won't be Making Mr. Eisner, any money anytime soon.. in Fact Eisner will be lucky if he'll even be able to Get a Job at Domino's Pizza after this mess is over...(I said, NO anchovies! Gee Mr. Eisner, don't you listen? It's OVER... except for the shouting.. Get used to it..)

JDWeil is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The way that Hollywood works is that if Eisner is forced out. he'll be be picked up by some other studio. Remenber, Eisner had just been canned from Paramount when was hired by Disney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eisner will become Bad Disney History (on How NOT to run the House of Mouse!)

The way that Hollywood works is that if Eisner is forced out. he'll be be picked up by some other studio. Remenber, Eisner had just been canned from Paramount when was hired by Disney.
    Well you never know JD, but frankly the way Eisner's been running Disney into the ground as of Late, the only good job he'll probably get is Shining Steve Jobs' Dress Shoes for His Business meetings.. when he goes back to the business table and re-negotiates the deals with whoever Takes over once Eisner is gone..(Hopefully we'll get someone into the Disney Board, who'll have a bit more direction, a bit more creativity, and who will do one thing that Eisner had done, to leave a lot of Fans angry.. Namely Abolish the 65 Episode rule that Disney started in place 20 years ago..) after all I am betting there are a lot of fans of Popular Disney shows, who would love to get in there and make offers to Disney to either Extend or re-introduce Old Shows that DID work..( Extend Kim Possible and or Lilo and Stitch to a Fourth Season for one Example, Maybe Re-introduce Darkwing Duck , Gargoyles, Talespin, or even Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers for another.)

but the point is this.. when all is said and Done JD, I have a Feeling that the fans and the shareholders are going to have their say. The Revolution is just beginning and the Evil King Eisner is about to lose his job, and maybe his reputation. (and all of this will be just like I said.. Bad History..)

But let's all just hope we can find someone who was innovative as Walt E. And Roy O. Disney. and I think My Money is on Steve Jobs.. Roberts (of Comcast) just doesn't have the vision, nor really the talent here, unless maybe Steve Burke (of Comcast) came in and ran it..

but let's just wait and see..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hate to give the devil his due, but ...

Eisner wasn't fired from Paramount. He was head of production at the studio, and when Paramount's topper ankled for Fox (my, but the Variety-speak is catching, isn't it?) Eisner expected to get the job. Instead, it went to the head of distribution, so Eisner quit, taking Katzenberg (his deputy) with him. By good fortune, the top job at Disney had opened up, so Roy grabbed it for him.

Paramount was far and away the most successful studio in Hollywood under his guidance, producing <i>Grease,</i> <i>Saturday Night Fever,</i> <i>Airplane!,</i> <i>Raiders of the Lost Ark,</i> <i>Urban Cowboy,</i> <i>48 HRS.,</i> <i>An Officer and a Gentleman,</i> <i>Trading Places,</i> <i>Terms of Endearment,</i> <i>Footloose,</i> <i>Beverly Hills Cop,</i> <i>Flashdance,</i> <i>Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom,</i> and the first three <i>Star Trek</i> films. It's a terrific record, and he did a fantastic job at Disney in its first decade, taking a perennial also-ran and building a new powerhouse film studio. It was only around 1994, when he had a heart attack and when his right-hand man, Frank Wells died, that things began to fall apart.

But that was twenty years ago. And corporate chieftans like Eisner don't take demotions to run subsidiaries and take orders from bosses. And there are no jobs out there for him, and if he's forced out under a cloud no one will want to touch him. Also, I get the impression that he is deeply hated in Hollywood. There won't be any lifelines thrown to the man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BTW, if you want to watch the annual meeting, there will be a live webcast:

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=1164930

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sun Tzu Said it best....

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie Zeus
    Hate to give the devil his due, but ...

Eisner wasn't fired from Paramount. He was head of production at the studio, and when Paramount's topper ankled for Fox (my, but the Variety-speak is catching, isn't it?) Eisner expected to get the job. Instead, it went to the head of distribution, so Eisner quit, taking Katzenberg (his deputy) with him. By good fortune, the top job at Disney had opened up, so Roy grabbed it for him.

Paramount was far and away the most successful studio in Hollywood under his guidance, producing <i>Grease,</i> <i>Saturday Night Fever,</i> <i>Airplane!,</i> <i>Raiders of the Lost Ark,</i> <i>Urban Cowboy,</i> <i>48 HRS.,</i> <i>An Officer and a Gentleman,</i> <i>Trading Places,</i> <i>Terms of Endearment,</i> <i>Footloose,</i> <i>Beverly Hills Cop,</i> <i>Flashdance,</i> <i>Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom,</i> and the first three <i>Star Trek</i> films. It's a terrific record, and he did a fantastic job at Disney in its first decade, taking a perennial also-ran and building a new powerhouse film studio. It was only around 1994, when he had a heart attack and when his right-hand man, Frank Wells died, that things began to fall apart.

But that was twenty years ago. And corporate chieftans like Eisner don't take demotions to run subsidiaries and take orders from bosses. And there are no jobs out there for him, and if he's forced out under a cloud no one will want to touch him. Also, I get the impression that he is deeply hated in Hollywood. There won't be any lifelines thrown to the man.
    That's true Maxie, In fact I did a bit more Digging and in fact found something rather interesiting about some of the other Disney board members..

Robert Iger - as we all know works for ABC/Captial Cities and in fact has been around Longer then Eisner (since 1974 at ABC, before Captiral Cities Broadcasting and later Disney bought out ABC.. but it's rather interesting that in an Interview at McGuffin's The Untrue News
    Iger balks about shows dealing with Terrorist plots.. and in fact in his statement he is actually Quoted as saying.."film and TV producers will have to make decisions about content by examining their "gut feelings." Asked which Hollywood producers actually had "guts", Iger paused for a long time before saying "You got me there."

there there's John Bryson, another of the board at Disney and indeed his background is really good.. Before he joined up with Disney, Bryson, 57, was chairman and CEO of Edison International, the parent company of Southern California Edison (SCE) , Edison Mission Energy, Edison Capital and Edison Enterprises. in short he's part of the electrical set.. but according to Eisner, John is and I quote, " (John) Bryson is highly experienced in business, law, finance, energy and especially in the economic and environmental aspects of effective natural resource management."

(So what does this have to do with Media and animation, huh?)

Then there is Judy Estrin -- and what you find out about Judy is pretty surprising here. Judy Estrin previously co-founded three technology companies with her husband, Bill Carrico. Bridge Communications went public in 1985 and merged with 3Com Corp. in 1987; Estrin served as engineering vice president and executive vice president of Bridge, and later ran the Bridge Communications Division at 3Com. Network Computing Devices went public in 1992; Estrin started with NCD as executive vice president and became CEO in 1993. Estrin served as CEO of Precept Software from the company's 1995 founding. When Precept was acquired by Cisco Systems in 1998, she became Cisco's chief technology officer until April 2000. Estrin has been named three times to Fortune Magazine's list of the 50 most powerful women in American business. In 2002, she was named to the WITI Hall of Fame which recognizes outstanding contribution of women to science and technology. She sits on the boards of directors of The Walt Disney Company, The Federal Express Corporation and Sun Microsystems. She holds a B.S. degree in math and computer science from UCLA, and an M.S. in electrical engineering from Stanford University.

(Yeah but does she draw or at least do CGI?)

and then there's Monica Lozano, 44, president and chief operating officer of "La Opinion," and vice president of Lozano Communications; who also sits on Disney's Board of DIrectors..according to Eisner (at Laughing Place.com ) "Lozano is a strategic thinker who has greatly expanded 'La Opinion' and Lozano Communications through new initiatives and partnerships. She also has achieved leadership positions in many important outside organizations. Under Lozano's leadership, "La Opinion," the nation's largest Spanish language daily newspaper, has received numerous national and international awards for its community service, its outstanding news coverage of issues affecting the Western Hemisphere and its reporting on social, civic and political issues.

(of course has she ever sat down and saw a Disney show? I wonder...)

Finally we got George Mitchell, one of the Head board Members of Disney, a former US senator who was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for his role in the Northern Irish Good Friday peace accord, is to co-chair Disney's governance committee. of course this was more of an appointment then a vote in by the share holders.

Mitchell's appointment, was confirmed at a directors' meeting on Tuesday September 24, 2002,and called for the firm to reform its board procedures, which he did by cutting the number of Board members from 18 down to 12...

(and I bet he was the one who Inspired Disney's Latest Hit Show.. Dave the Barbarian).

Frankly when you do more research the words of Sun Tzu Ring true..

Know Your enemy, and you know yourself...

*NOTE: all Data was compiled doing Google Web searches..)

RZetlin is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Save Disney Commericals

These commericals are cool. Done by Roy Disney himself.

Boardband

56k Users

RZetlin is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Save Michael Eisner!

Are you one of those people who feel sorry for Michael Eisner?

Now you can do something about it!

Save Michael Eisner Website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Free Mikey...

Quote Originally Posted by RZetlin
    Are you one of those people who feel sorry for Michael Eisner?

Now you can do something about it!

Save Michael Eisner Website.
    RZetlin, Sorry for being one who laughs in Eisner's General Direction here, (just like the French Guards In Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail) but The Save Michael Eisner Campaign reminds me a lot about that funny joke my Brother- in Law told me once...

Free Willy... Get a "Harpoon" (Missile)

Look We all know that Eisner isn't really a bad guy, after all Maxie Zeus a few posts back, has stated about how Michael ended up in Disney, and believe me Disney 20 Years ago was indeed going through rough times, as this was right after the Famed Black Cauldron Debacle, that nearly put Dinsey Six Feet under then, but Frankly we've seen and heard for the last 2 Decades about what Eisner has done. I'm not saying that Eisner is Mean, or arrogant, but frankly there is one thing his truly is and that is Ignorant..

but then again has Eisner really done anything to improve his position? (other then Monetarily?) No Not Really. After all it's funny that I can Quote here some things that Roy's Uncle Walt Said...and they still hold True today.

"You reach a point where you don't work for money."-Walt Disney.

Disney was always the Philanthropist here, and believe me Anyone who created Disneyland just for the sake of the Smile on a Child's Face Can't be thinking about money. That same feeling holds today, after all not seeing a Child Smile in a world torn by fear and oppression is hardly a world worth living at all..

but Eisner however doesn't see a Child's smile.. or if he does he usually looks the other way.. It's highly Likely he ever makes "Eye Contact with people, let alone children. After all Children are innocent and have no doubts about things..(unless they are traumatized by seeing Mickey Mouse Take off his head and realize that the Character isn't real! To them Mickey Mouse is Real, Donald Duck is Real, all Disney Characters (from Ariel, to Jasmine, To Kim Possible, and Lilo and Stitch are in the child's Eye, Real people, they exist, to keep the child Happy.)

Here's another statement made, this time by a Supporter for the innovation of Disney

"I think Michael Eisner did great things, but something has gone wrong. We need renewed support for Walt Disney's vision and love for what he did. Not a throwback, but a true innovator that understands and employs the lessons of the past as he or she heads toward a great, big, beautiful tomorrow!"

-A Supporter of www.savedisney.com

Let's be realistic here, Has Eisner really been Innovative here? Again Not really. sure he's created Eurodisney and Disney Tokyo, He's added to the Disneyland Complex, with California Adventures and in fact has cost the company something for it's worth.. Namely by Charging for Admission to California Adventures and having very few innovative rides to show for it..(Indeed Soaring across America might be fun to ride, but who wants to go on Tower of Terror? Show me a Child who would want to go on a Ride named Tower of Terror (sure maybe some teen, but a 9 Year old?))

After all this isn't a Game of Rollercoaster Tycoon, Eisner's Playing here, He's thinking "How can I get the most out for the Money I plunk down creating this amusement, and how much can I charge for it to my patrons so I can offset these costs? (Believe me this doesn't only Apply to just the amusement Parks, but also to the DVD's (the "Cheapquels" that some of our Disneyana Fans Call them) that are produced.. in fact other then a few Shows and a few movies, all Eisner has done here is basically taken the Original idea and "Re-invented the Wheel".

Finally here is perhaps something that makes me want to end this at this point..

"Designer Alice Davis asked me how much she should spend on the costumes for It's a Small World. My response: 'We don't think that way. I want the dolls to be very cute and intricate and to have the flavor of each country. We don't worry about what they cost - I have a building full of accountants who are supposed to do that. We're supposed to produce the best, because the public will always pay you back." -Walt Disney

This is perhaps Walt's Finest Quote.. and you know he follows a Simple rule.. a Golden Rule.. Do unto Others as they would do unto you. After all Walt Disney didn't care how much it cost.. He didn't worry about Profit and loss statements on Movies or TV shows, but he did care about how the public felt when they saw a Disney Movie, Bought a Disney Item, or Spent Time at either Disneyland or Walt Disney World.

(in fact it's funny, because Disney still runs perhaps the best known Commercial around..
    "(Insert Sports Celebrity's Name), you just won (Name of Sporting Event Championship)! What are you going to do now?

Sports Celebrity: I'm Going to Disneyland!)

but does Eisner really care that a Sports Celbrity would come to Disneyland seeing it the way the Public sees it? (not like 20 Years ago when the Commerical Meant something, but Now, where the public has to stand in long lines, and wait 3 hours just to get on a ride that perhaps lasts 10 minutes? or perhaps to see the Park as more of an Sub-urban Slum rather then a place of Enjoyment? I personally think that Eisner Just Pays the Celebrity just to promote Disney in Name and Name alone..

In the Immortal Words of the now soon to be resigning Eisner. "Puh-leeeease."

but all in all getting back to Basics is what Disney really needs to do. and in fact what Eisner needs to really do is to step down immediately and without much fan fare or Hoop-la.. in short

"Free Mikey..." Just walk away and forget it.. you're history.. very bad History..

Nuff Said..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed viewing the Roy E. Disney ad. Great job, indeed.

Clearly, the events that have taken place shows that Eisner is losing ground quickly. I cannot imagine this guy still large and in charge for much longer. I'm so sick and tired of seeing him running and ruining the company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eisner is a Six Letter Dirty Word... not Like Disney..

Quote Originally Posted by One Radical Dud
    I enjoyed viewing the Roy E. Disney ad. Great job, indeed.

Clearly, the events that have taken place shows that Eisner is losing ground quickly. I cannot imagine this guy still large and in charge for much longer. I'm so sick and tired of seeing him running and ruining the company.
    I hear you on this one, One Radical Dude, after all Eisner has more "Skeletons in the Closet" then we first Intially believed.. Just Yesterday a Judge Ordered some memos that were sent some 6-8 years ago by Mr. Michael Ovitz, former President of Disney, (before he quit in 1997,) opened and in fact you read this Memo that Ovitz Put out to Eisner, on Eisner, and you can see something happen here..

It's an Exact repeat of what Roy Disney and Stanley Gold Complained about just last Early December... practically identical..

So how long has this been going on at the Disney Studios? You can figure since Michael Ovitz had been president and possibly as far back as 1995, when Frank Wells Died..

and believe me this is like What Eddie Valiant Said, "it's a Sordid Story of Greed and Corruption." That culminates in The Villain being Eliminated. (thankfully no sex was included in this mess!)

but the thing is that Eisner's been running the show Way too long.. and it's time for him to retire.. permanently.... After all the facts don't Lie.. the Lack of Magic has been there for 10 Years.. and as early as 1996, we could already see the strain building up to March 3rd 2004, ... we could see the Numerous Resignations, the firings by the Board, the quotes just scream it over and over again... in fact some of the members who left Later (like Sandford M. "Sandy" Livatack in 2001) have been against Eisner and his dealings since the time the memo was written by Ovitz..

you could say folks that Ovitz, for all he was worth, probably knew something was up, and didn't like Politics.. He was put into a position that he couldn't handle. and less then a year later, he was gone from the scene..with Ovitz out of the way, Eisner came in like a Hungry shark, and started to "Dismantle" Disney like "Bubba" Clinton Dismantled the Department of Defense. and for a while things were okay.. till someone threw Eisner a Curve...

it was then that the whole thing fell apart like 9/11/01, and in fact Eisner even blames the Terror Attacks as why the company fails to perform like it does.. The Actual truth of the Matter be known.. Eisner has been "Keeping" Disney from being a Performance Stock here.. (by a good 10-15% by Forbes Magazine Estimates..) in fact Eisner I wouldn't be surprised, has in some ways kept Disney from going to 30 Dollars a share. and in fact we all know the recent Past Occurrences with Comcast and the "Hostile" (?) take over attempt by them.. but the thing is Eisner is thinking way old school here.. Like I said, It doesn't take even someone with Dr. Possible's (The Rocket Scientist) IQ to figure out what Eisner has done.. It doesn't even take Jumba's Intellect to totally figure out what is going on..

Eisner's Left a Long Trail of Bread crumbs to his name and now.. The Birds (as in the Shareholders, and investors) have finally found out and flocked to Eisner and are starting to peck him.. hopefully to death..

Oh what I would hate to feel to be in Eisner's Shoes Right now.. (alright, I won't even bother feeling).. after all Eisner's Ruined Disney, it's time to call it and toss in the towel. and not worry about what Has Happened.. but rather what is going to happen.. Remember the mistakes of the Past, and learn from them folks, else Disney's History is bound to repeat itself in the future. That's the Name of this little Letter. It's not Disney that's the Dirty word here.. It's Eisner...(Eisner is a Six Letter Dirty Word)

JDWeil is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just tuned in on a discussion about Eisner on CNN and an idea occurred to . If by some perverse miracle Eosner does mange to keep his job, at least have take a pay cut. I mean, this schlamazzle is making $825,000 an month, for crying out loud, Even the President of the United States doesn't make that much. Give Eisner a salary that's commensurate with his performance, right down to the point where he has to pay to studio to keep working there if he commits a faux pas. Of course there is that ComCast offer......
    Last edited by JDWeil; 02-28-2004 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Legacy here.. Disney (Walt) vs Eisner (Michael)

I just tuned in on a discussion about Eisner on CNN and an idea occurred to . If by some perverse miracle Eosner does mange to keep his job, at least have take a pay cut. I mean, this schlamazzle is making $825,000 an month, for crying out loud, Even the President of the United States doesn't make that much. Give Eisner a salary that's commensurate with his performance, right down to the point where he has to pay to studio to keep working there if he commits a faux pas. Of course there is that ComCast offer......
    JD, I think that is an excellent Idea.. if this guy was so creative and ingenious, then instead of the 825 Grand a MONTH he is getting he's be flat broke. After all you're right.. heck the President of the United States gets 200 Grand a YEAR, But he still gets the perk of Living in Downtown Washington at the Snazziest Place RENT free. just for being the president, and that shows how much Money is to a Politician..

That's the probelm with the world here.. a CEO making more then a President. Even a Sports Figure making more then a President of a Country. and in fact in the Immortal Words of Ron Stoppable, "That's So sick and Wrong.." in fact it's funny that Eisner really shouldn't even be making that much.. but the way things are today, and by Today's Standards, .. does it make even an iota of Sense on what Eisner makes..

But seriously the low down on Eisner is that he's 4 days from his Hardest Challenge, and really I do and Do not feel sorry for him..

I do feel sorry cause really he's a guy who had a lot of Potential and he let his judgement cloud his decisions, he let the Green of the cash blind him.. rather then thinking about the people he has hurt..

and yet I don't feel sorry for Eisner cause the guy is always one of those Sorry guys who believes in "One Up-Manship." he wants to try and be happy by having more.. (I'm happy getting paid NOTHING and living where I am, and thankful for being here writing this. Now would I gladly Trade Places with him? Yes I would be glad to Trade Places, but I would do so only if I could live Comfortably.. and 825 Grand a MONTH is way too lavish.. I would do the same job and make better decisions for a Company like Disney and for maybe 100 Grand a Year.. after all If I was Michael Eisner, I wouldn't worry about the cash.. I would worry about the people I affect.. and believe me he's affected too many folks to get the Reputation of one of the worlds most hated people.. After all Look at Walt Disney, He Never got an award, Never asked for a Pay Raise, or got a Bonus, and yet his legacy will last far longer then Eisner's will.. after all he did something Eisner has yet to do.. and that is make a Child smile..

Nuff Said..

shogunthethird is offline Monk-daddy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if by the odd chance Eisner does get re-elected I see the following happening

(scene, big catered party at the eisner estate)

Eisner: as your uncontested leader..
    *a disney bus crashes through the gate and a mysterious man in a purple suit wearing mouse ears and carrying a HUGE orange sci-fi looking gun gun steps out*
    Eisner: WHO DARES DISRUPT MY RE-ELECTION CEREMONY!
    ???: Re-Election Michael? this is bad comedy
    Eisner: Roy, is that you?
    ???:Here's a hint *BOOM*!
    *Eisner's charred corpse withers to dust*
    ???: would anyone else care to take his place?

Random sycophant: What'd he say is name was?

???: Waltatron

All: HAIL WALTATRON

the preceeding post was inspired by the observation that eisner is an 80's man, he has 80's business ethics, he's got 80's villainy, and he'll die like an 80's villain, and besides the last time I saw someone with his level of ineptitude and ego he was voiced by Chris Latta
    Last edited by shogunthethird; 02-28-2004 at 05:51 PM.
    Asian male, single, religious...seeks multiple women to bear his children....contact Miroku for details

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eisner's Next Cheapquel.. The Lion King 4: Pigs In Space!

Quote Originally Posted by shogunthethird
    if by the odd chance Eisner does get re-elected I see the following happening

(scene, big catered party at the eisner estate)

Eisner: as your uncontested leader..
    *a disney bus crashes through the gate and a mysterious man in a purple suit wearing mouse ears and carrying a HUGE orange scu-fi looking gun gun steps out*
    Eisner: WHO DARES DISRUPT MY RE-ELECTION CEREMONY!
    ???: Re-Election Michael? this is bad comedy
    Eisner: Roy, is that you?
    ???:Here's a hint *BOOM*!
    *Eisner's charred corpse withers to dust*
    ???: would anyone else care to take his place?

Random sycophant: What'd he say is name was?

???: Waltatron

All: HAIL WALTATRON

the preceeding post was inspired by the observation that eisner is an 80's man, he has 80's business ethics, he's got 80's villainy, and he'll die like an 80's villain, and besides the last time I saw someone with his level of ineptitude and ego he was voiced by Chris Latta
    Indeed.. All Hail JOBSATRON! er WALTATRON!

Timon (To Pumba): Seriously though.. do you want to push Eisner out the airlock or shall I?
    Miss Piggy: I'll do it... HI YA!

Lion King 4: Pigs In Space!

Indeed shogun, Eisner shall show that in the Airless vaccum of Unemployment, no one can hear you call yourself a Dictator..

(Brought to you by the National Duct Tape Board..
    Duct Tape: it's all that it's Quacked up to Be!

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast