Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hurricane V1 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deciphering Stitch

Like This Thread!
    I'd just like to say there's not enough Lilo & Stitch talk around here. I was really suprised how enjoyable it was compared to other Disney spinoffs.

Anyway, do any of you guys ever try to figure out what Stitch's words mean? They seem consistent enough to actually have meaning behind them, just like the languages in Lord of the Rings or Star Wars. I'm going to sound like a dope since I've only theorized three: "Ehh" means 'yes', 'naga' means 'no' or 'negative' and 'bujeeboo' or whatever means something like 'sweetheart'. Have you guys figured out anymore?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stitch's Language...

Actually, yeah....I do know a few words in Stitch's language.

Soka = Sorry
    Okie-taka = Okey-dokey
    Gaba = What
    Achi-baba = Friend
    Iky = Yuck
    Meega nala quista/kweesta = (Some sort of naughty or threatening phrase.)

There is so much more.....

I agree that there should be more L&STS posts. There are two episodes left before season 1 ends, I believe...'Bad Stitch' and another one, which will air Monday, Feb. 9 (no episode title shown, though...just the description).

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully the series gets picked up for another 26 episodes, or at least has the sequel wrap up the loose ends.

SSJPabs is offline It's just us
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well Lord of the Rings languages were worked on for 50 years by a philologist so I hope they make sense!

I dunno, how was Stitch's language constructed? As simple as "hutchbuggee = car" word substitution or as complex as LotR where there are multiple stems, multiple language divisions and where Feanor once turned his back on the Noldor because they said S instead of the "pth" sound.
    Don't look at this space.

Tash is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    there's one phrase he says a lot... um... it means something like "let's go"...

tucsoncoyote is offline Time to get my "Game face" on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The "Stitch" Dictionary and Phraseology book!

Quote Originally Posted by One Radical Dud
    Actually, yeah....I do know a few words in Stitch's language.

Soka = Sorry
    Okie-taka = Okey-dokey
    Gaba = What
    Achi-baba = Friend
    Iky = Yuck
    Meega nala quista/kweesta = (Some sort of naughty or threatening phrase.)

There is so much more.....

I agree that there should be more L&STS posts. There are two episodes left before season 1 ends, I believe...'Bad Stitch' and another one, which will air Monday, Feb. 9 (no episode title shown, though...just the description).
    Tucsoncoyote here

You Know One Radical Dude, it got me to thinking about Stitch's Language.. and in fact I too Like Lilo and Stitch, but what really gets me is the fact that no one has not yet come up with a Dictionary or Phrase-ology Book for Lilo and Stitch.

(They did that for the Klingon Language for Star Trek)..

(So why not a Dictionary or a Phraseology Book where we can all learn Stitch-enese!)

(I think that would go over great for the kids..)
    Cryptozoology 101: The truth is real.

Friday nights on CN.. Action, Adventure, and.. Chilli Fries?

Kim Possible 2002-2007. Save the Cheerleader, Save the World. and for one brief Moment, we the fans, did save the world.

wrenchien is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    something tells me i'd bet a short book translating stitchese to english would probably sell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A 'Stitch-ese'..whatever-you-call-it book...

No doubt, tc and wren. It would sell well. I might get it, too, if it ever releases.

Hamutaro, 'let's go' translates as 'goobaja'. Is that the word you hear a lot, or is it something else?

tucsoncoyote is offline Time to get my "Game face" on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will Write and Speak Stitch-ese for FOOD! *Laughs*

No doubt, tc and wren. It would sell well. I might get it, too, if it ever releases.
    Again it's funny if Stitch-ese (let's just call it that) becomes popular with the kids.. after all I do know that Klingon linguistics eventually became an Official language with the world just 3 years after the Kilingon Linguistics Dictionary (of which Mr. Michael Dorn (Lt. Worf of Star Trek: The Next Gerneration and Rufus 3000 of Kim Possible: A Sitch In Time) helped develop.. it could also develop into an audio CD where we could hear Stitch teaching us to Speak Stitch-ese!

(Uh Mr. Eisner, could I have your job... Pweeeease???? (Puppy Dog Pouts))
    Cryptozoology 101: The truth is real.

Friday nights on CN.. Action, Adventure, and.. Chilli Fries?

Kim Possible 2002-2007. Save the Cheerleader, Save the World. and for one brief Moment, we the fans, did save the world.

Tash is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hamutaro, 'let's go' translates as 'goobaja'. Is that the word you hear a lot, or is it something else?
    yeah, that's the one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast