toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate "Car Trouble" and Post Your Comments

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%
  • **** 1/2

2 8.33%

7 29.17%
  • *** 1/2

6 25.00%

3 12.50%
  • ** 1/2

1 4.17%

4 16.67%
  • * 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

1 4.17%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bird Boy is offline WF Admin
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Teen Titans "Car Trouble" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Titan's return after Clone Wars in their in the Season 1 Finale! This special event airs at 8:05pm ET. Check your local listings to be sure of the time!

Episode 13 "Car Trouble"
    Original Airdate - November 11th, 2003

Cyborg has just finished building the vehicle of his dreams: the super-cool, super-fast, ultra-high-tech T-Car. But before Cyborg can take it out for a spin, the Titans are called to an electronics superstore where Overload, an electrical menace, is wreaking havoc. But after the Titans capture Overload, Cyborg freaks because the T-Car is gone. A wild adventure unfolds as the T-Car changes hands from bad guy to worse guy.

Comments?
    The World's Finest - Spawn - WF DVD Report - ZachDemeter.com
    Updates (WF): Check the news!

Nick K. is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was ok, obviously not the best of the season, not the worst! I liked the little Gizmo cameo. Glad this was more of a promo ep than a seasonal one, like part of the slade storyline. yea, 3 stars.

Doomsday is offline Superman`s Killer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode is not as good as the last couple of episodes but still much better then Mad Mod. This episode really shows why this show is much different then other superhero shows. A story around a car, I didn`t think it can be as good as it was, but it was still about a car so the plot seemed pretty weak. So I give it 4/5. I can`t wait for the next season to start.

Anarky is offline Team Conan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    0.5 stars
    For the most part, I've enjoyed TT but this episode just wasn't my cup of tea.
    Raven salvaged this story for me. But this isn't one for repetitive viewing.
    Sonicsgate.org :a 2-hour documentary chronicling the unique circumstances that led to the Sonics' exodus to OKC

(1967-2008) Seattle Supersonics

Krypton710 is offline LOOK!!! BEHIND YOU!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was an excellent episode IMO all the music sounded like it was from a 50's hot rod film and it had some great humor, I'm one of the few people who like Gizmo So that gave the episode two stars right off the bat, and the Raven Cyborg interaction was nice as well since they didn't really talk to one another that often through the season. NOW BRING ON SEASON 2!!!!
    The self proclamied "Where's Waldo?" of Toonzone

Mister Intensity is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypton710
    I'm one of the few people who like Gizmo
    I like Gizmo too.

Mister Intensity

John6777 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did not like it at all. Are they gonna show the other episodes of Season 1??

John

lostrune is offline Detective Rachel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dude! Where's my car?!?!

(Yeah, I saw the movie. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John6777
    I did not like it at all. Are they gonna show the other episodes of Season 1??

John
    This was episode 11. 12 and 13 have already been shown. Season 1 is 13 episodes. What other episodes?

Captin "Hank" Murphy is offline Free Labotamies for Apes.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was definetly one of those "just for fun" eps, that doesn't really add anything important to the TT Universe(besides a new vehical and a little extra character depth for Cyborg and Raven), but still is fun to watch. I give it 4 stars.
    Click here to see my work.

And yes, I know I spelled Captain wrong.

John6777 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animation Otaku
    This was episode 11. 12 and 13 have already been shown. Season 1 is 13 episodes. What other episodes?
    I have the original list of Episodes and there is like 4 not shown and since the Teen Titans page has Killer Moth up as a Villain i assume a episode with him has been delayed.

Weibart is offline Intercept Now!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i haven't laughed out loud too often when watching a tt episode, but there were a few times where i couldn't help it. i like that "electricity chip with a face" appeared at the end, very nice surprise, well written. i really enjoyed
    the humor if nothing else.

DarkLantern is offline Keeping my promise
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John6777
    I have the original list of Episodes and there is like 4 not shown and since the Teen Titans page has Killer Moth up as a Villain i assume a episode with him has been delayed.
    From what I understand, those four eps you are thinking about actually fall under season 2. TT got the greenlight for two seasons of 13 eps right from the get-go, not one season of 26 eps.

DL
    http://www.fair.org/counterspin/: For the real news behind the news

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good episode for character depth. Laughed when the carried Overload away in a carpet. Saw the whole retro 50's homage on the burger place and the two car jackers. Gizmo is hilarious yet annoying at the same time. His comments are childish yet he's a techie genius. He farted at Cyborg didn't he? 3 stars. Seems like Raven has interacted with everyone except Robin so far.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 19, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Maxie Zeus is offline Upside Down
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, this was a cute little story. Nothing deep, nothing jaw-dropping. But it was fun and had lots of nice little riffs in it. Gizmo-in-car-form was fun and unexpected, and I liked the way Overload showed up again. And I'm another one of the few and proud who like it when Gizmo shows up, and who likes it even more when he gets his ass kicked real hard.

Good design-work on the car thieves, especially Tintin's evil twin. In other eps, some of the designs on the extras have looked a little too JL/STAS/TNBA-y. Not that there's anything wrong with those designs, but I dig TT for its quirkiness.

Really good score, too, with the 50s pop influences. I don't think the composer staff has gotten enough recognition for giving each TT ep such a unique sound.

Slane is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie Zeus
    Really good score, too, with the 50s pop influences. I don't think the composer staff has gotten enough recognition for giving each TT ep such a unique sound.
    If I may be off-topic for a moment, in the Hive episode, I really liked the music during the first Hive/TT fight scene, just because it reminded me of a Weird Al song inspired by Frank Zappa. Did anyone else get a similar vibe? Yes, the music is indeed well done.

As for "Car Trouble," I really enjoyed it for NOT trying to be a part of the continuity. It's like "Mad Mod," just a fun romp with numerous references (the 50s mostly).

Raven seemed a little out of character, but I preferred her showing improved relations with her teammates, especially since this shows continuity (her character development ever since Cy and Beast Boy entered her mirror). Although, the first smile she gave Cyborg was misplaced; the ending one was more logical.

Also, Cyborg's VA is one of the best on the show. When Cybrog confronted the two car jackers after they lost his car, his transition from asking how well his car raced to getting back to the interrogation was so original and well done; something about the "D-d-d" just was so amusing.

BeastBoyWonder is offline Teen Titans Go!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awww yeah, bring on the funk! Or something, I dunno. In any case, this episode had one of the best introductions in a long time! Cyborg and Beast Boy's exchange, Starfire's little comment followed by Beast Boy and Robin falling down, the little touches like the 'z's coming from Raven, and the little sequence of beeps on Robin's communicator combined with Cyborg's fantasy car goes to show how much of a kid's fantasy this show is... and it made for a hilarious scene!

After "Apprentice", which got pretty intense considering the show's target demographic, airing a silly, laid-back episode like "Car Trouble" was a *great* choice. A lot of the show's merit comes from the development of the individual characters and the "moments" that they have, and this episode was chock full of all that good stuff. Most of the episode centered around Cyborg and (to a lesser extent) Raven, and while the other three characters took a back seat to the vast majority of the action and development, they still didn't feel out of place. THIS is one way the development of characters within a team environment can be accomplished, and it would be nice to see some other shows use this tactic as well.

This episode wasn't really much more than some silly fun, but at the same time the ridiculous situations that Cyborg put himself through for his car is a fairly accurate reflection of human nature, especially regarding the absurdities and preposterous actions that we take for the sake of material items. From the bridge scene to the car chase, to when Overload finally takes over the car, the entire episode really didn't make a whole lot of sense, which was very appropriate given the situation. One of the things that I really liked about this episode (and the series as a whole) is that the more minor villains like Overload often don't provide the real threats, but rather serve to supplement the deeper underlying conflicts that end up getting resolved within the characters and team itself. That was a nice chat between Raven and Cy, and it was great to see one of the most grounded and rational characters of the show able to empathize with his difficulty.

As far as other oddities are concerned, the T-Car was very cool. I remember when I was a kid growing up with Batman: The Animated series I thought that all the awesome stuff that the Batmobile could do was just... insanely cool. If the T-Car ends up becoming a recurring vehicle, I can just see kids growing up with this series developing the same kind of appreciation for the T-Car. Oh yeah... Metropolis got mentioned! OMG, WTF! LOL XD!!!11111 That doesn't really have any relevance to anything, it was just sweet because I'm a dork. On a completely unrelated subject, I can't wait for the "Justice League" episode "Wild Card" which features the VAs for the Teen Titans voicing the villians of the episode.

If I were a little kid, I would just be loving this stuff... and I am.

Krypton710 is offline LOOK!!! BEHIND YOU!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "On a completely unrelated subject, I can't wait for the "Justice League" episode "Wild Card" which features the VAs for the Teen Titans voicing the villians of the episode."

ARE YOU SEROIUS THE VOICES OF STARFIRE CYBORG BEAST BOY AND ROBIN ARE GONNA DO THE VOICES OF THE
    Spoiler:
    RFG!!!!!!

Steel: Edited for spoiler content.
    The self proclamied "Where's Waldo?" of Toonzone

b.t. is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=Steel] On a completely unrelated subject, I can't wait for the "Justice League" episode "Wild Card" which features the VAs for the Teen Titans voicing the villians of the episode.

uh,steel? maybe you shoulda put that in a spoiler box....?

Animelee is offline Pokeymans Nerd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    In my humble opinion, this episode makes Cyborg and Raven seem like they have a brother and sister relationship.

So far, the love relationships are like this (IMHO):
    Robin + Starfire
    Raven + Beast Boy

As for Cyborg, maybe he doesn't need anyone? Or, maybe they'll introduce another female soon?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast